• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A win for Max the cat, who just received an honorary degree from Vermont State University.

He’s been socializing on campus for about four years, and students get excited when they see him. They pick him up and take selfies with him, and he even likes to go on tours with prospective students that meet at a building across from the family’s house, she said.

6647841679e71.image.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Goodnight folks and folkesses, I'm heading for a little (non working) beauty sleep. Not because I'm tired (although i am a little tired) but because the battery on my phone is almost dead.

FJont_hVkAECRBH.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I hung out with and look a lot more like this
Picture the guy in front without the grey and having blond hair
View attachment 91761
I remember being a Goth teen and getting followed around by mall security. It was hilarious to me the day that they were so focused on me, and I've never stolen a thing in my life, that they missed a group of blonde girls swiping everything left and right. Thought they got what they deserved.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I remember being a Goth teen and getting followed around by mall security. It was hilarious to me the day that they were so focused on me, and I've never stolen a thing in my life, that they missed a group of blonde girls swiping everything left and right. Thought they got what they deserved.
Basically what looking like that got me, was left alone

I use to walk obliviously through Boston common at night and no one bothered me. I stopped after a friend of mine, who looked like the average college kid got mugged, and after I scared the heck out of 2 kids coming out of a club, just by walking down the street towards then. I realized why i was never bothered in Boston common. But i no longer tempted fate once i had that bit of realization about the common

I will admit, in general, i liked the being left alone bits

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ares ran away on his bike again, screaming and singing.

I left it in the alley this time. I assume it'll be gone by morning.

He's miserable because he's bored, yet any kind of privilege he has he generally destroys for himself.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
He's miserable because he's bored, yet any kind of privilege he has he generally destroys for himself.
He's a special person in many ways but I think this might probably fit. The piece is about less special kids but:

Boredom Leads to Risky Behaviors for Troubled Teens

One risk of boredom is creating a disconnect between acts of relief from boredom they can choose and the awareness of potential consequences these choices may have. For many troubled teens who struggle with restlessness and impulsivity, boredom can lead to risky behaviors for troubled teens.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
He's a special person in many ways but I think this might probably fit. The piece is about less special kids but:

Boredom Leads to Risky Behaviors for Troubled Teens

One risk of boredom is creating a disconnect between acts of relief from boredom they can choose and the awareness of potential consequences these choices may have. For many troubled teens who struggle with restlessness and impulsivity, boredom can lead to risky behaviors for troubled teens.
Sounds like some of what's happening.

I have the additional problem that the reasonable things he wants to do aren't possible, because no one in the area wants to deal with disabled children.

He really wanted basketball lessons. Absolutely no one would take him on. :(

So, he has even less options, gets even more bored...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good morning. Off to Sunday market this morning.

25km each way for 3kg potatoes and a kg of carrots. I must me mad.

But i like the atmosphere and may pick up a few bits not on the list. And of course, the coffee is good. So a winner.