• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Eclipse

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
It was a very cool experience. We've been lucky here and this is the second time in about 8 years that this region of Missouri has been in the path of a total eclipse.

Where it is total, the daytime animals quiet down and the night time animals start in for the brief duration.

libre

Skylark
I was going to watch it but I was making pizza and completely forgot.

See y'all in August.

PureX

Veteran Member
It actually did get dark where I was, but only when the sun was totally eclipsed. The moment the slightest sliver of light got around the moon again, it lightened up very quickly.

I was surprised by that. That such a tiny slice of sunlight could bring back the day just like that.

PureX

Veteran Member
I think it's because all the birds (and other animals) stopped marking their sounds, a silence that was odd!!!
The seagulls here were making a lot of noise and flying in every direction, but stopped when it got dark.

I really liked watching the birds flying around in the crescent sun. Not something one sees every day.

RestlessSoul

It actually did get dark where I was, but only when the sun was totally eclipsed. The moment the slightest sliver of light got around the moon again, it lightened up very quickly.

I was surprised by that. That such a tiny slice of sunlight could bring back the day just like that.

The volume of energy generated by the sun is staggering. Around 4 million tons of matter converted into energy every second.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The volume of energy generated by the sun is staggering. Around 4 million tons of matter converted into energy every second.

Consider that less than 2.5 lbs of uranium was converted to energy during the Hiroshima bomb puts the energy from 4 million tons of fuel into perspective.