• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dead Count in Gaza - Revised Numbers

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I had said earlier that we shouldn’t trust the numbers of how many people have died in the war.

The Anti-Israel, anti-humanity, anti-logical people have used these inflated numbers to pound the drums of genocide (fake news)

Obviously any child’s death is a loss of the value of life is heart-breaking. But to equate the rampant murder, beheadings, execution of babies, children, women and elderly the same as targeted bombing against the fighting soldiers of Hamas as they hide in hospitals, schools, playgrounds and homes of Palestinians and using them as shields remains rationally and logically preposterous and exposes the true hearts that continue to beat the drums of “Free Palestine by eradicating the Jews from the river to the ocean.

If an Israeli soldiers or policeman commits atrocities or abuses their power, obviously should be prosecuted but they remain the few and the ugly. ALL of Hamas abuses their power and commit atrocities as they push genocide - they should be stopped.

NEW NUMBERS

Last Wednesday, the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) released updated casualty figures. Some 7,797 Gazan children had died in the war as of April 30, it said — a roughly 42% drop from the mid-March numbers.

It also revised its casualty figures for women by nearly a half — from more than 9,500 to fewer than 5,000.

BUT THERE ARE STILL UNANSWERED QUESTIONS - AND CAN YOU STILL TRUST THESE NUMBERS.

1. How many of these women were combatants? They don’t distinguish one from the other
  2. What is the age of what they call “children”? They don’t distinguish “youth, children, babies”.
  3. If the UN got it wrong the first time and used it AGAINST ISRAEL WHO IS DEFENDING ITSELF, why should I trust that the numbers the UN is giving today are even closely true? If the first margin of error is 42%, what is the new margin of error?
As Israel continues to laser target militants and Hamas continues to purposefully target women, youth, children, babies without a heart for humanity, it is revealing to see those who continue to support Hamas’ efforts to so-call “Liberate Palestine” as they continue to hide behind the Palestinians while they raped the billions of dollars of monies sent to help the Palestinians to finance decades-long planning, tunneling, purchase of armaments to finish what they want to do… commit genocide agaist the Israelis.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I had said earlier that we shouldn’t trust the numbers of how many people have died in the war.

The Anti-Israel, anti-humanity, anti-logical people have used these inflated numbers to pound the drums of genocide (fake news)

Obviously any child’s death is a loss of the value of life is heart-breaking. But to equate the rampant murder, beheadings, execution of babies, children, women and elderly the same as targeted bombing against the fighting soldiers of Hamas as they hide in hospitals, schools, playgrounds and homes of Palestinians and using them as shields remains rationally and logically preposterous and exposes the true hearts that continue to beat the drums of “Free Palestine by eradicating the Jews from the river to the ocean.

If an Israeli soldiers or policeman commits atrocities or abuses their power, obviously should be prosecuted but they remain the few and the ugly. ALL of Hamas abuses their power and commit atrocities as they push genocide - they should be stopped.

NEW NUMBERS

Last Wednesday, the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) released updated casualty figures. Some 7,797 Gazan children had died in the war as of April 30, it said — a roughly 42% drop from the mid-March numbers.

It also revised its casualty figures for women by nearly a half — f
rom more than 9,500 to fewer than 5,000.

BUT THERE ARE STILL UNANSWERED QUESTIONS - AND CAN YOU STILL TRUST THESE NUMBERS.

1. How many of these women were combatants? They don’t distinguish one from the other
  2. What is the age of what they call “children”? They don’t distinguish “youth, children, babies”.
  3. If the UN got it wrong the first time and used it AGAINST ISRAEL WHO IS DEFENDING ITSELF, why should I trust that the numbers the UN is giving today are even closely true? If the first margin of error is 42%, what is the new margin of error?
As Israel continues to laser target militants and Hamas continues to purposefully target women, youth, children, babies without a heart for humanity, it is revealing to see those who continue to support Hamas’ efforts to so-call “Liberate Palestine” as they continue to hide behind the Palestinians while they raped the billions of dollars of monies sent to help the Palestinians to finance decades-long planning, tunneling, purchase of armaments to finish what they want to do… commit genocide agaist the Israelis.
Israel isn't defending itself. This is retribution, not self-defense.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And thus the irrational thinking comes to light as they can’t defend against the position I have stated

FFS. Listen to yourself and maybe read a reputable news source once in a while.

Here's what's actually going on:

- the overall total of Gazan civilians killed hasn't appreciably changed.

- to ensure a high standard for their statistics, the UN isn't reporting on things like age and gender of victims until the victims have been positively identified.

- there are 10,000 bodies still waiting to be identified (edit: or can't be positively identified because of the conditionof the body). Previously, they reported age and gender stats for these victims based on presumed details, but because of the UN's new, higher standard, the age and gender of these victims is now reported as "unknown."

- the UN notes that the actual civilian death toll is much higher than what their stats indicate, since their stats don't include unrecovered bodies in the rubble of destroyed buildings (estimated at another ~10,000 people.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

NEW NUMBERS

It also revised its casualty figures for women by nearly a half — f
rom more than 9,500 to fewer than 5,000.

You are aware of the international laws of war and how it is not a given that just because Istael is the good guy, it follows with TRUTH that Israel can't systematically break the international laws of war, because rather it is just a few isolated cases, because that is the TRUTH.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And thus the irrational thinking comes to light....
OGC.14cc6123ce675df6333130cfd03b8d4b

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That would depend upon perspective.
Ukraine is justified for warring with Russia.
But not vice versa.

Ok, I'll be honest with you. I know of several Americans who live in Russia who have no problem living under Russian rule. If fact their life isn't really much different than if they were living in the US. So half a million more people would be alive today and there life wouldn't be much different except for what is says on their passport.

And Israel's "war" isn't a war. It's far more
genocide against Palestinians, than a war
against Hamas.

Certainly without Israel's retaliation 35000 more people would be alive. Israel has also found a way to justify these deaths.

Kenny

Premium Member
FFS. Listen to yourself and maybe read a reputable news source once in a while.

OK… At least we agree that the UN and Hamas are not reputable sources. I didn’t think we would agree with antything.
Here's what's actually going on:

- the overall total of Gazan civilians killed hasn't appreciably changed.

I know enough math that 42% less is quite appreciably changed.
- to ensure a high standard for their statistics, the UN isn't reporting on things like age and gender of victims until the victims have been positively identified.

That is why there is no statistics after 8 months? Ohhhh, that’s right, Hamas doesn’t give correct information.
- there are 10,000 bodies still waiting to be identified (edit: or can't be positively identified because of the conditionof the body). Previously, they reported age and gender stats for these victims based on presumed details, but because of the UN's new, higher standard, the age and gender of these victims is now reported as "unknown."

Can you get a better source please? Did you even read your source and notice the play on words?

"The overall number of Palestinians killed hasn't changed, but from the end of March until last week, OCHA reported the deaths of at least 9,500 women and 14,500 children."

So… from the end of March until last week, NO MORE WOMEN AND CHILDREN HAVE DIED???

This is May… can you see the play on numbers? I hope so!

Right!! From the same source that wasn’t reliable in the first place.. 10,000 sounds like a nice round figure. Let’s keep beating the drums.
- the UN notes that the actual civilian death toll is much higher than what their stats indicate, since their stats don't include unrecovered bodies in the rubble of destroyed buildings (estimated at another ~10,000 people.

Wait… didn’t you just read their latest statistics?

The overall number of Palestinians killed hasn't changed, but from the end of March until last week, OCHA reported the deaths of at least 9,500 women and 14,500 children.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
OK… At least we agree that the UN and Hamas are not reputable sources. I didn’t think we would agree with antything.
FYI: showing off your lack of reading comprehension reflects only on you.

I know enough math that 42% less is quite appreciably changed.

The previous estimate was 34,904 civilians dead. The new estimate is 34,735.

The 42% drop in women and children comes from a change in approach to unidentified or not-yet-identified bodies.

The UN has decided that when a child-sized corpse is too badly burned to make a positive identification of who they are, they'll now categorize them as "unknown" instead of "child." They've decided that rather than estimate the genders and ages of the approximately ten thousand bodies still waiting to be identified, they'll categorize all of them as "unknown" instead of estimating ages and genders based on appearance.

Kenny

Premium Member
FYI: showing off your lack of reading comprehension reflects only on you.

The previous estimate was 34,904 civilians dead. The new estimate is 34,735.

The 42% drop in women and children comes from a change in approach to unidentified or not-yet-identified bodies.

The UN has decided that when a child-sized corpse is too badly burned to make a positive identification of who they are, they'll now categorize them as "unknown" instead of "child." They've decided that rather than estimate the genders and ages of the approximately ten thousand bodies still waiting to be identified, they'll categorize all of them as "unknown" instead of estimating ages and genders based on appearance.
Your source has been shown to be unreliable by my previous quote - illogical thinking. And where did they get their information? And it doesn’t address my previous point in the OP