• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Settlers, Warriors, and Nomads

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Raised a settler with a nomadic side in terms of exploration, and with warrior influences, I have become increasingly more nomadic. Domestic I am, yet no less adventurous, and likewise the influence of modern warriors has me finding my personal character traits complex. It's difficult to find others like myself. As a result, I've become a bit of a lone wolf, I think. I'm too head strong for the settlements social structure, and too adventurous as well. I'll classify myself as a reserved nomad with a very strong will and mind.

I'll document my travels here, as well as a few experiences as I go.

Feel free to join in this journal as a Settler, Warrior, or Nomad

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
@Balthazzar

This should be interesting to follow. What do you have in mind exactly?

Post as you see fit as whatever type you represent. Myself, I'll likely just post in reference to my archetype, perhaps in relation to how my experiences relate to the other models. A struggle is present, a pull, a push, a tug, then the decision factors that motivate movement or lack of. The fears, the hopes, the purpose, the sacrifice, the ongoing struggle that exists as an individual to be documented. It seems to be an act of expression, apparently credited to the nomadic side of who I am.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Post as you see fit as whatever type you represent. Myself, I'll likely just post in reference to my archetype, perhaps in relation to how my experiences relate to the other models. A struggle is present, a pull, a push, a tug, then the decision factors that motivate movement or lack of. The fears, the hopes, the purpose, the sacrifice, the ongoing struggle that exists as an individual to be documented. It seems to be an act of expression, apparently credited to the nomadic side of who I am.

What I actually meant was, when you say this, "I'll document my travels here, as well as a few experiences as I go". What kind of traveling are you planning on doing? Mode, destinations, etc?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Those kind have been some of my favorite and most memorable trips. :thumbsup:

31 years ago, I heard a knock on my apartment door. I get out of bed to find a girl- friend with a couple other friends standing there. "Do you want to go to Florida?"

I asked "When?"

"Umm, now" she said.

Ten minutes later we're on the road from Kentucky heading South to the sunshine state. It was a memorable trip as well as one of my favorite adventures as a youth. I was 19 years old.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Sitting in a motel room in my hometown, I'm anxious about moving forward. Not knowing where I'm going, or how long before i leave, or what I'll find when I find a place worth staying for a few months has me a little on edge, yet at the same time excited to continue my journey. I keep telling myself "I have things to do" which helps encourage the coming departure from the community I was raised in. At 51, and haven been to 19 of the 50 states in the U.S. I'm not unwilling to revisit a couple of them. Which? I don't know, if any. I may decide to explore new territories not yet explored by me. Communication concerns between myself and immediate family (my son) are always at the forefront of my anxiety, but also realizing his age and young adult status, I know that It's normal to be separated for longer periods of time. This offers little comfort, but what's a parent to do aside from allowing a young man to find himself and his own way in life? I'll keep in contact. It'll have to suffice.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I lett the motel this morning and back outside until next month ... maybe longer. I may get on the road again and find a place less conjested and less complicated. I like people, generally speaking, but I have things that to be done. I can't not do them. I feel as if I am obligated. Besides this, I want to. I don't enjoy no showers, no bed, no running water. I hate mosquito bites, worrying about food, drinks, etc. I hate being isolated, given how social I am. Still, I feel as if I must do this. A higher calling? Of course. It always is when we leave the comforts of home, but then what's home for a reserved and head strong nomad with a will of his own?

I have something to create. Never-mind the details of what. Artisan stuff - crafts - important to me -

2 months? 3 months? All winter likely.

I need to breath and accomplish and connect on deeper levels with the more natural things in life. Nature has a way of getting through to people like me. It's the call of the wild I think.

More later ...

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Less than a month to prep. Funds are low and time keeps ticking. I decided I'll eat as I go instead of packing much food. The only issue is going this route and having time for my work. Gathering and hunting, fishing and preserving will take some time daily, if I don't want to disappear out there. Big game is out of the question. I dont own the gear to take down a deer or the means to preserve one this winter. It must be the warrior influence- I'm a Nomad - I like to travel. Survival ... hmm, must be something in the air.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Trips like these can be challenging, and I intend to be successful. I have the knowledge to purify water, hunt, fish, and gather for food, but shelter may be an issue. 8 months and all winter, I'm guessing, is going to feel like a very long time. That's what I chose to be my next hiatus from the typical day to day. A challenge and test of ability.

I have most of the items I chose to utilize. I'll be traveling on bicycle and hiking once I'm in a general locale. I'll hopefully be able to catch a ride to an area or point of entrance into the wilderness area I end up trekking through.

A few days left until departure.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I found shelter for the winter, albeit not in the woodland areas as intended. I'm still deciding needed gear and transportation methods. Money is tight. I left my bike behind and decided to pack my items by foot if needed. I'm in a small city with a shelter for nomadic types like myself. My next chosen departure date is sometime in May. This should be enough time to better think my journey through, at least as it relates to the way I'll be doing this. At this point, I'm calling it an exodus and even contemplated a 10 year duration. That's still uncertain. What I am certain of is the call itself. It's impossible not to answer at this point.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
December came and went. - 4 degrees and wind chill factor at -15 last month. The wind burned my eyes causing tears to well up, which froze on my eye lashes no more than 3 minutes after being outdoors. It was cold. Freezing cold and miserable. The shelter was a welcomed addition to be certain. I managed to stay warm and dry, clean and fed well. No complaints, aside from the congestion, but that's to be expected. I've acquired some new gear. Important things needed as a nomadic type of traveler. The delay is obvious, but not unwelcomed. A few months, maybe 3 to 5, and I'm off again. This time with camera, laptop, tent, sleeping bag, and backpack. I'm a journalist by chosen career path. Tech gear is second nature which I deem a necessity for a guy like myself. Documentation and memory preservation. I'll likely end up creating a documentary type video of my travels and adventure.

Vagabond on the 720

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
It's April and with May approaching quicker than I can acquire my gear, it looks like I'll be on another delay. I'm not sure how long. Hopefully no more than a few months. Wheels and camera the larger purchases I have yet to be satisfied with. It may be a while. Maybe I could document a few things locally. If not, I'll post more once I'm on the road again.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It's April and with May approaching quicker than I can acquire my gear, it looks like I'll be on another delay. I'm not sure how long. Hopefully no more than a few months. Wheels and camera the larger purchases I have yet to be satisfied with. It may be a while. Maybe I could document a few things locally. If not, I'll post more once I'm on the road again.

What state are you in currently? If you're comfortable saying.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
It's May 5th and I'm still not prepared enough to take my journey. I still plan on going. I'm just not able to yet. The weather is beginning to break, and there's a lot to do around here, so I'll stick around until I'm ready. It's a festive community. Between concerts, festivals, and the night life I should be set for at least a decent time where I am. 2024 I may try to follow the presidential campaigns and document the election. I'll keep you posted.

Nomad with warrior influences.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
It has been a decently hellish year. I've managed to find needed resources and shelter, acquire a few needed items and have been able to secure my gear/equipment. I'm still not on my woodland exodus, so I may end up playing the city scene for the next few. With the presidential elections coming up over the next year, I thought about covering a couple campaigns, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to. I've been painting. I'm not great. I'm learning. I left one city to come to another smaller one. I was born here, so life's not terrible. It's difficult, but not terrible. I've been feeling a little trapped. Stuck might be a better term. I'll get on my way soon enough. Time is a fickle thing. It's always changing and as sure as it is, I never know what's next.

Have a nice day.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
November 10th, 2023 and my plans have changed. I'm still in transition and keeping on the move ... for the most part. I'll be heading to trail heads of Appalachia soon (Legacy trails) - Home State. In Feb I'll be starting a new effort that will include travel. The diffrence is i'll be tyravelling from town to town, instead of hitting the back woods. I'll keep you updated after Febuary - Year of the Dragon. New beginnings and business start ups.