• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Navroze Mubarik

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is the New Year's day for many Hindus including Kashmiri brahmins. I do not know if it is the same for you or not. But still, my best wishes to our Zoroastrian brothers.

Jaskaran Singh

Divosūnupriyaḥ
It is the New Year's day for many Hindus including Kashmiri brahmins. I do not know if it is the same for you or not. But still, my best wishes to our Zoroastrian brothers.
No, it's not Aup, you know how I know? There's already two threads about Nawrooz in the Baha'i forum which state it's on March 20th - 21st, see here and here. Now can you stop wishing people happy "Nawrooz" when been nine days since then?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My best wishes still stand. Difference of dates can always occur because of the various calenders that are used. Even among Kashmiris we have two groups, 'malmāsis' and 'bhanmāsis', different by 15 days. I do not understand them. Bhanmās, I suppose has something to do with calculation according to solar calendar (Bhanu - sun). Could never get what is 'malmās'. What happens is that when calendars are changed some people resist the change and continue with the old. Even Parsis have various calendars - Qadimi, Shahenshahi, Fasli.

Reactions: MD