• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my RF journal

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
21st of January 2024

This is the first proper entry in my RF journal

One of my friends is being really weird

He is a relativity new friend, only met him last year

I thought it would be nice to invite him to my upcoming birthday meal, which I am having with my mother in a few days

He said he'd love to come but today he texted me saying he no longer wanted to come and that it would be "too much" for him

I don't get this, I thought it would be nice to bring together a friend and some of my family

It's not like I'm in a relationship with him and I'm introducing him to my family, he's just a friend and I've always mixed friends and family

There must be something weird going on with him and I'm not sure what :shrug:

He has always seemed very straight forward and easy-going

Who on God's Earth would turn down an opportunity to go out for a meal with me!

It's going to be at a really nice pub too, I've eaten there before, the steak there is sublime

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
21st of January 2024

I thought it would be nice to invite him to my upcoming birthday meal, which I am having with my mother in a few days

He said he'd love to come but today he texted me saying he no longer wanted to come and that it would be "too much" for him

I don't get this, I thought it would be nice to bring together a friend and some of my family

It's not like I'm in a relationship with him and I'm introducing him to my family, he's just a friend and I've always mixed friends and family

It's going to be at a really nice pub too, I've eaten there before, the steak there is sublime
Might he have social anxiety?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Might he have social anxiety?
He doesn't because I met him at a social event full of lots of people that lasted a week!

But he did say that he did used to, he told me that he was in a social anxiety forum but that he was now over that

Maybe he's not as over it as he told me

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
21st of January 2024

You know my brother in law is schizophrenic. He cannot stand social interaction with people he doesn't really know.

He has a couple of friends and his social worker that he's ok with. Meeting strangers sends him off on a paranoid trip. Maybe your friends has similar.

BTW if this post is unwanted on your journal, let me know and I'll delete it

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This fried of mine is not schizophrenic!

I like it when people post in my journal

But you made the same post twice!

Ok, so that's that Idea out of the window. He may still be concerned about crowds even small crowds.

Sorry, i deleted the duplicate :eek:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I used to have social anxiety, and small groups were more intimidating than large ones.

In small groups, people ask you questions, and there's a lot of one on one interaction. In large groups, folks hardly notice you.

I wonder if the intimate setting has him a little nervous.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I used to have social anxiety, and small groups were more intimidating than large ones.

In small groups, people ask you questions, and there's a lot of one on one interaction. In large groups, folks hardly notice you.

I wonder if the intimate setting has him a little nervous.
The thing is though, I've been with him in both small groups and large groups before and he was fine with both

And when I invited him he enthusiastically accepted but has now backed out of it

Perhaps his social anxiety works in ways I don't understand and that don't make sense?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The thing is though, I've been with him in both small groups and large groups before and he was fine with both

And when I invited him he enthusiastically accepted but has now backed out of it

Perhaps his social anxiety works in ways I don't understand and that don't make sense?
Maybe!

Could you ask, or would that be prying?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
22nd of January 2024

Another friend of mine is now going to my birthday meal!

This year I will turn 41

Last year when I turned 40 we went to Ireland for a week, to Dublin

Dublin's a great city and Ireland is nice, it was a nice holiday!

When I turned 39 I went with a bunch of friends from Small Town (where I live) to Big City by train

We went round loads of gay bars but at one point I made a mistake that I was to regret later that evening.....

I could have got some food but I didn't.......

This could have settled my stomach but I didn't take this option, my stomach remained boozed up and unsettled

Big mistake:

When we were going back to Small Town because my stomach was unsettled I puked up on the train!

It went on the floor in a horrible puddle

I almost made it to the on-board toilet but much to my shame I didn't

I was really annoyed at myself for doing this

Some unfortunate person (who has to clean trains to put food on their table to feed their family) had to clean up the foul contents of my stomach

That made me feel really bad with myself and would never have happened had I been sensible and had a kebab in Big City before getting on the train

Last edited:

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
23rd of January 2023

My brother-in-law told me to check out a computer game called Palworld, which apparently is very popular right now, it has just been released

I checked it out and it's horrific

You beat up animals and capture them in a tiny hollow ball and then make them fight each other and perform slave labour!

How is that not severely messed-up?

Also on the computer games front, I now have the hang of Baulder's Gate 3 and I'm really getting into Stellaris

Stellaris is a game in which you control a galactic empire, taking it from having only a single planet to dominating the entire galaxy

To me it is the true successor to Master of Orion II

MOO2 is my favourite game, it has been out since 1996 and I still love it, for me it's perfect, 10 out of 10

Sadly MOO3 and MOO4 are crap, MOO3 is literally unplayable, whoever was in charge of making that should be taken out round back and shot

The Galactic Civilization games aren't too good too either, in my opinion, they are like Civilization in space and the producers haven't made that concept work, they are failures

But in Stellaris I think I have found the next MOO2

Although I still intend to get MOO2 on Steam, you can get it there for like £5 or something like that

If you've never played it before then I'd recommend it

The soundtrack is very memorable too, it's the perfect game and for me it comes with tons of nostalgia

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
26th of January 2024

I have recently got a new PC game called Palworld, which is very much a Pokémon rip-off, I could see this and I've never played any of the Pokémon games, never mind the original card trading game thing - although I am aware of what it is

If you ignore the cute graphics this game is severely ****ed-up:

Basically you wander about an open world beating up wild animals with a club, trapping them in a tiny ball. You then take them back to your base and make them perform slave labour. Although you can look after them you can also work them until they drop dead

And if you don't put them to work you can kind of hold them captive them inside a giant machine in suspended-animation until you need them

How is that not a ****ed-up premise?

YOU BEAT UP LITTLE ANIMALS WITH A ****ING CLUB! THAT'S THE ACTUAL GAME!

Recently I've beaten up chickens, sheep, and cats. With a club which I fashioned out of wood all by myself. How messed up is this game! You beat animals with a club! That's sick. This game is not in good taste.

If it didn't have cute graphics and there was blood splatter and screeches of pain then it would be even worse but it manages to avoid such realism

Later on in the game you can have guns so you can shoot innocent animals too

I told my mother (who is an animal rights activist) about this and she was horrified!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So am I it sounds terrible
It is terrible, morally

But at least it has nice graphics, can't fault its producers on that.......

I still want to complete it though, because I have little better in my life to do!

Plus I want to see if it gets any more depraved, I want to get to the stage in which you can get guns, I am curious to see whether you make them yourself (or rather get your slaves to make them for you) or if you have to go to arms dealers and buy them

You can sell your captive animals too, which makes this game even worse

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
31st of January 2024

On Friday afternoon I cranked up the heating in my home, I set it on maximum because it was really freezing and I wanted to warm myself up before going out

I then set off to go for my birthday meal in a nice local pub

I turned the thermostat off before I left, to turn off the heating

I then got back yesterday (Tuesday) evening and the ******* thermostat had not turned off the heating when I told it to!

Its battery had failed but in such a way that it didn't turn off when I told it to turn off

This really pissed me off

It's not as though I have money to burn

I wonder how much money that cost, I don't really want to know :(

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Heating costs stink this time of year.

I vvas most unhappy to see last month's heating bill, from when we had all that subzero weather.

libre

Skylark
26th of January 2024

I have recently got a new PC game called Palworld, which is very much a Pokémon rip-off, I could see this and I've never played any of the Pokémon games, never mind the original card trading game thing - although I am aware of what it is

If you ignore the cute graphics this game is severely ****ed-up:

Basically you wander about an open world beating up wild animals with a club, trapping them in a tiny ball. You then take them back to your base and make them perform slave labour. Although you can look after them you can also work them until they drop dead

And if you don't put them to work you can kind of hold them captive them inside a giant machine in suspended-animation until you need them

How is that not a ****ed-up premise?

YOU BEAT UP LITTLE ANIMALS WITH A ****ING CLUB! THAT'S THE ACTUAL GAME!

Recently I've beaten up chickens, sheep, and cats. With a club which I fashioned out of wood all by myself. How messed up is this game! You beat animals with a club! That's sick. This game is not in good taste.

If it didn't have cute graphics and there was blood splatter and screeches of pain then it would be even worse but it manages to avoid such realism

Later on in the game you can have guns so you can shoot innocent animals too

I told my mother (who is an animal rights activist) about this and she was horrified!
Once you club one animal you can make them fight eachother instead of using the club.
Yay dogfighting! (I guess this is also a criticism of Pokemon).

You can also catch other humans in the pokeballs, if you want to get into human trafficking.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Heating costs stink this time of year.

I vvas most unhappy to see last month's heating bill, from when we had all that subzero weather.
I very rarely use my heating, it is stupidly expensive for me too, I think it is for most people now

Much cheaper to put on some extra layers and have a big mug of hot chocolate!