• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm about to give up.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My dog is really sick, in pain. It's been bad since this weekend. She's shaking, trembling and panting in pain. She has lost weight. She's confused and lethargic. She presents to eat and drink but can't bring herself to. She's fallen over in pain. She's having accidents inside. My heart is broken seeing her like this and I've been in a horrible place this week mental health wise. I was giving her canine aspirin but this vet who I paid $35 for this online service to have a consultation told me I had to take her in to be seen and to stop giving her the aspirin. So I wasted money and now I can't really do anything to help her pain. I'm mad because at least I wanted them to prescribe painkillers. I want to die, seeing her like this. Taking her to urgent care or ER will cost about $200 upfront, which I certainly don't have (I don't even have $20 to my name.) That's not even including meds and such.

I have asked for help on Facebook, for a ride to a vet hospital since they're all outside of the city and it would cost the better part of $100 just to get there and back. No one answered. There's never anyone available when I need them. I have no friends and family. I keep being proven right that I have no friends here when things like this happen. People don't give a **** about me, let alone my pets.

Now I'm forced to beg people for money again because I'm poor and broke. So I'm going to have to make another fundraiser. I hate asking people for money. I'm such a failure. She might need surgery. I don't have savings or anything. I have nothing, really. But it's not for me. She needs to be seen this week, ASAP. I don't know how I'll do it but it needs to be done.

I'm going to miss work because I need to be with my dog.

Orbit

I'm a planet
My dog is really sick, in pain. It's been bad since this weekend. She's shaking, trembling and panting in pain. She has lost weight. She's confused and lethargic. She presents to eat and drink but can't bring herself to. She's fallen over in pain. She's having accidents inside. My heart is broken seeing her like this and I've been in a horrible place this week mental health wise. I was giving her canine aspirin but this vet who I paid $35 for this online service to have a consultation told me I had to take her in to be seen and to stop giving her the aspirin. So I wasted money and now I can't really do anything to help her pain. I'm mad because at least I wanted them to prescribe painkillers. I want to die, seeing her like this. Taking her to urgent care or ER will cost about $200 upfront, which I certainly don't have (I don't even have $20 to my name.) That's not even including meds and such.

I have asked for help on Facebook, for a ride to a vet hospital since they're all outside of the city and it would cost the better part of $100 just to get there and back. No one answered. There's never anyone available when I need them. I have no friends and family. I keep being proven right that I have no friends here when things like this happen. People don't give a **** about me, let alone my pets.

Now I'm forced to beg people for money again because I'm poor and broke. So I'm going to have to make another fundraiser. I hate asking people for money. I'm such a failure. She might need surgery. I don't have savings or anything. I have nothing, really. But it's not for me. She needs to be seen this week, ASAP. I don't know how I'll do it but it needs to be done.

I'm going to miss work because I need to be with my dog.
If you make a GoFundMe or whatever it’s called, provide a link and I’d be happy to send a donation.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Even if you can't afford it, most Emergency vets will see your animal and help, regardless of your ability to pay. They should also have resources you can look in to for assistance. A gofundme may not bea bad idea either to help in the long term. CareCredit can also give you a credit card for medical expenses with a fairly low monthly payment.

Please have your dog seen, and let me know if there is any other info I can give you. I've had ER experience for all of my animals.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

There are resources here.

Also reach out and ask about financial assistance grants with your local Humane Society.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I know I'm supposed to ask staff beforehand, but this is urgent and really can't wait. I shared it on Facebook and Twitter, as well. Please share, too.

Orbit

I'm a planet

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Thank you fo those who have donated so far. I'm just waiting for the money to be deposited in my account.

I called the Humane Society but they haven't gotten back to me; I would imagine they get hundreds of calls a day. Every time I've called, Ive gotten the runaround or they refer me to the same places that are either booked up or too expensive right at the moment. I came across a home vet service and that probably would be good, as it would cut out the ridiculous transportation charges. I just really want someone to at least prescribe her painkillers. So fingers crossed. I'm exhausted after this awful week.

Riders

I am so sorry about your dog. When my Venus died 2 years ago I thought I was going to die. I hope you can get help.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Hey, everyone.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Last month was pretty harsh. I ended up getting sick and also messing my back up, and then all the other crap I'm dealing with besides all that, so I was not in a good place.

But I have good news. I got Thrace to the vet last month with the help I was kindly given. They gave her painkillers and antibiotics and she's been doing really well again. I got her shots all updated and the vet is very reasonable with their prices. She'll have to go back for a full dental cleaning where they put her under because of her anxiety with people, but other than that, she's mostly bsck to normal and bouncing around.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped. I'm not asking for anymore money at this time. I'll let you guys know if anything else comes up, like if she needs surgery in the coming weeks. But we're okay for now. Thanks again!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, everyone.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Last month was pretty harsh. I ended up getting sick and also messing my back up, and then all the other crap I'm dealing with besides all that, so I was not in a good place.

But I have good news. I got Thrace to the vet last month with the help I was kindly given. They gave her painkillers and antibiotics and she's been doing really well again. I got her shots all updated and the vet is very reasonable with their prices. She'll have to go back for a full dental cleaning where they put her under because of her anxiety with people, but other than that, she's mostly bsck to normal and bouncing around.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped. I'm not asking for anymore money at this time. I'll let you guys know if anything else comes up, like if she needs surgery in the coming weeks. But we're okay for now. Thanks again!
Glad to hear she's doing better!