• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hobbies Outside RF

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hobbies huh?

Well, my most time consuming endeavor outside.of RF has always been scholastic pursuits, whether that be college classes, certificates, or other forms of book learning.

I am an avid video game player. And love single player RPGs.

I have an intense love of animals, and at this time I am caring for 11 total. 1 dog, 4 cats, and 6 chickens.

If you didn't know, chickens are surprisingly cuddly if you are nice to them.

We had half a dozen chickens before we moved, and 2 ducks, 2 geese 2 goats and a cat.

Geese can be feisty;-)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How are ducks, compared to chickens, in regards to care? Did you use them for eggs, or pest control?

I think ducks have individual personalities and can be very loving if you have them from chicks. Care wise chickens need more clean up, duck spend a lot of time in water. Hint, don't drink the water if ducks have been in it.

We had them because i love animals, the eggs were a bonus. Though the goats didn't lay ;-) i do like goats cheese but within weeks i didn't have a woolen sweater with unchewed sleves.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What do you do for fun when you're not on RF?

Personally, I enjoy exercise - going to the gym as well as jogging in my neighborhood. I enjoy spending time with friends, going to dinner, the movies, that sort of thing. At home alone I like cooking/baking (but hate cleaning), reading, and watching TV of course.

How about you?
Reading, watching TV, Genealogy and Bingo

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
People-watching.

Then again, I guess I kind do that on RF as well.
Sometimes I take a long Google earth adventure and travel through locations just watching people as they go about this and that.

I used to do that with the massive fold out aerial shots in National Geographic with a magnifying glass before the internet and Google Earth came about.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My brother took up wine making. He pleased my dad by making dandelion wine but my favorite was rhubarb wine.
My mom.used to make rhubarb pie from the fields when I lived on a farm.

I used to eat the things plucked straight right out of the ground.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, I dint know better back then either.
Can get some nasty parasites that way.
You & I were lucky.
I used to just pluck and eat whatever while I was trying to teach myself how to forage wild edibles.

Then one day I found a tapeworm fluke sitting on a leaf of wild violet.

Now I wash and inspect the hell out of everything I pick.