• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hobbies Outside RF

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you do for fun when you're not on RF?

Personally, I enjoy exercise - going to the gym as well as jogging in my neighborhood. I enjoy spending time with friends, going to dinner, the movies, that sort of thing. At home alone I like cooking/baking (but hate cleaning), reading, and watching TV of course.

How about you?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Personally, I enjoy exercise - going to the gym as well as jogging in my neighborhood. I enjoy spending time with friends, going to dinner, the movies, that sort of thing. At home alone I like cooking/baking (but hate cleaning), reading, and watching TV of course.

How about you?
Gamer.

I was there from the very first pong game.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

How about you?
Besides exercising my fingers on RF, I am into fitness (dancing, zumba, jazzercise, walking, clogging, weightlifting), board games, travel, reading and old movies. I like going out to eat with hubby and walking on the beach.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Light exercise, it's not an intense workout, just doing it so I don't become brittle when I'm older.

Writing on days I'm not busy

Going for walks or bike rides around town on nice weather days

I enjoy going for drives

Hanging out with friends (but my friends live far away so it's only every so often)

I actually enjoy keeping the house clean

Cooking... just starting to get into that.

exchemist

Veteran Member

How about you?
Choral singing, walking, cooking, a bit of cycling. And a fair amount of house maintenance and renovation, at the moment.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Get a box of Hamburger Helper and things for a Bobili pizza, prepare them per the instructions on the package, and viola! You are now a Master Chief of Hoosier cuisine.:p
That sounds awful!

Midwestern recipes are usually on the bland side(optimistically) or mostly a mixture of crap out of boxes... Even worse if you're a vegetarian.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

How about you?

I ride. I have a bike for riding on the streets and one for riding on the trails.
I also like to take pictures of nature while on my rides.

20230402_131028.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That sounds awful!

Midwestern recipes are usually on the bland side(optimistically) or mostly a mixture of crap out of boxes... Even worse if you're a vegetarian.
Yeah. Hoosier dishes tend to be meat, like breaded, deep fried pork tenderloin. It grew out the weiner schnitzel (a thin, breaded, pan fried cutlet - it's not a hotdog), probably in or around Fort Wayne where the was a large precense of German immigrants.
And it too is bland. It's a samdwhich, but you'll need a stack of condiments or, what I'd prefer, make a flavorful breading to take it from a dull dish that not surprisingly failed to sweep the nation and make something you can enjoy eating.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah. Hoosier dishes tend to be meat, like breaded, deep fried pork tenderloin. It grew out the weiner schnitzel (a thin, breaded, pan fried cutlet - it's not a hotdog), probably in or around Fort Wayne where the was a large precense of German immigrants.
And it too is bland. It's a samdwhich, but you'll need a stack of condiments or, what I'd prefer, make a flavorful breading to take it from a dull dish that not surprisingly failed to sweep the nation and make something you can enjoy eating.
They eat those in Iowa, too.

Does Hoosier food improve any on the end towards Kentucky?

Shadow Wolf

They eat those in Iowa, too.

Does Hoosier food improve any on the end towards Kentucky?
No. It's still an ocean/bareen desert where crappy take out and Panda Express are believed to be top notch, exotic Chinese food (and even then a lot of them are utterly repulsed by the smell).

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
No. It's still an ocean/bareen desert where crappy take out and Panda Express are believed to be top notch, exotic Chinese food (and even then a lot of them are utterly repulsed by the smell).
I was trying to cook around the 50 states... I remember struggling with Indiana. I think I found some breakfast deal oatmeal.

Shadow Wolf

I was trying to cook around the 50 states... I remember struggling with Indiana. I think I found some breakfast deal oatmeal.
Nit surprised. It's such a dull, boring state that even it's fans and defenders have to jump to the Indy 500 first as something to do when someone says there ain't **** to do in that state expect get drunk, smoke meth and watch corn grow.