• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Floating pier brings much needed aid into Gaza.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lets see how long before this too is destroyed.
It's unlikely that Israel would destroy such a prominent
effort by USA to get aid in. But they can kill the workers,
& destroy the food & trucks with more plausible deniability.
This can be done by settlers & by "mistake".

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Destroyed by which side of this war? Because it sure seems to me that for the last 20 years or so Hamas has put its antisemitism first, and its care for Palestinians has seemed almost non-existent. (And as an aside, all the Johnny Come Lately, pro-Palestinian protestors have sat on their thumbs and watched Hamas abuse Palestinians for the last 20 years and that wasn't enough to get them to take to the streets.)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Destroyed by which side of this war? Because it sure seems to me that for the last 20 years or so Hamas has put its antisemitism first, and its care for Palestinians has seemed almost non-existent. (And as an aside, all the Johnny Come Lately, pro-Palestinian protestors have sat on their thumbs and watched Hamas abuse Palestinians for the last 20 years and that wasn't enough to get them to take to the streets.)

If it's (the pier) is there to help the Palestinians you know damn well who I'm talking about destroying it.

And for the last 70+ years Israel has been persecuting Palestinianians, your point being what?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Since Israel is already on the bubble with USA aid due to it's use of weapons against Gaza, and it's plan to invade Rapha, Israel would be foolish to attack the pier, which was built by the US military. The food tucks are a UN effort, and Israel can't afford to attack these trucks without sabotaging support by the world.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since Israel is already on the bubble with USA aid due to it's use of weapons against Gaza, and it's plan to invade Rapha, Israel would be foolish to attack the pier, which was built by the US military. The food tucks are a UN effort, and Israel can't afford to attack these trucks without sabotaging support by the world.
Israel has killed UN & other aid workers, with
little fallout. But if they killed US soldiers (again)
this would be a harder pill for US leaders & voters,
& still support Israel.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Israel has killed UN & other aid workers, with
little fallout.
They claimed mistakes, and we can't prove otherwise. But if they do it again, well that suggests they are targeting them.
But if they killed US soldiers (again)
this would be a harder pill for US leaders & voters,
& still support Israel.
Yeah, they know what they have to lose at this point. If they lose American support Iran is going to see Israel as wide open. Netanyahu is making very bad decisions and he needs to be removed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They claimed mistakes, and we can't prove otherwise. But if they do it again, well that suggests they are targeting them.
They make a lot of such "mistakes".
Yeah, they know what they have to lose at this point. If they lose American support Iran is going to see Israel as wide open.
I don't buy it.
Tis one thing to deny Israel offensive weapons.
This would serve to curb Israel's aggression.
If Iran actually attacked, & Israel had a genuine
need for defense against an existential threat,
USA would leap to destroy Iran (fulfilling Hillary's
dream).
Zionists are fond of trumpeting that Iran wants
to destroy Israel, & is just itching for opportunity.
But that's an unsupported self serving claim.
Netanyahu is making very bad decisions and he needs to be removed.
I don't see any electable replacement behaving
significantly differently. All its leaders have been
anti-Palestinian, & the vengeance felt by the
populace is still there.

icehorse

Premium Member
If it's (the pier) is there to help the Palestinians you know damn well who I'm talking about destroying it.

And for the last 70+ years Israel has been persecuting Palestinianians, your point being what?

I suspected your orientation, and we just disagree. And I think all of the talking points from both sides of the debate have been exhausted.

My main talking point is that the world (e.g. the UN and human rights activists), have stood idly by for the last 20 years watching a terrorist organization build a war machine, and now those people are wringing their hands. You hand wringers had 20 years to get ahead of this horrible war, why didn't you?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yep. Along with the aid where it won't ever be tracked and monitored, and it will dissappear from the pier, never to be seen or accounted for again.

Just watch future reports , as they will never report the situation as improved in any way for non combatants where the aid is intended , and the same headlines of starving Palestinians will tout the same story as if the aid never existed.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I suspected your orientation, and we just disagree. And I think all of the talking points from both sides of the debate have been exhausted.

My main talking point is that the world (e.g. the UN and human rights activists), have stood idly by for the last 20 years watching a terrorist organization build a war machine, and now those people are wringing their hands. You hand wringers had 20 years to get ahead of this horrible war, why didn't you?

And 70 years of oppression created terrorist groups. If interesting how the deliberately blind just won't see.

Isreal also had 20 years to get ahead so why blame me?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yep. Along with the aid where it won't ever be tracked and monitored, and it will dissappear from the pier, never to be seen or accounted for again.

Just watch future reports , as they will never report the situation as improved in any way for non combatants where the aid is intended , and the same headlines of starving Palestinians will tout the same story as if the aid never existed.

Yup the IDF are pretty good at blocking that humanitarian aid while Palestinians are dying by the thousands.

No need.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yup the IDF are pretty good at blocking that humanitarian aid while Palestinians are dying by the thousands.

No need.
That's not going to happen as it's going to be under the command of US Naval Forces overseeing the operation.

Won't change the fact either that the aid predictably will disappear anyways into a black hole and givin to god knows who, givin the stellar track record of international aid distribution.

I can be pretty sure it won't be in the hands of non combatants. Just watch future news reports.

icehorse

Premium Member
And 70 years of oppression created terrorist groups. If interesting how the deliberately blind just won't see.

Isreal also had 20 years to get ahead so why blame me?

Same old disagreements... same sentiments concerning situational blindness.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's not going to happen as it's going to be under the command of US Naval Forces overseeing the operation.

Won't change the fact either that the aid predictably will disappear anyways into a black hole and givin to god knows who, givin the stellar track record of international aid distribution.

I can be pretty sure it won't be in the hands of non combatants. Just watch future news reports.

We'll see