• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Can a quaker become a Zoroastrian?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Hi Quakerguy,

I'm not a Zoroastrian, so I can't answer in accordance with the Rules of RF which prohibit those from outside of that religion from answering questions of that religion to avoid any possibly misrepresentation, but do you mean can one become a Quaker AND Zoroastrian, or can one be a Zoroastrian?

El_Majusi

I don't know much about quakerism, but the answer seems to be a rude "no", I'm sorry. As soon as you enter into Zoroastrianism, you can choose your branch, but you cannot have another religion. That would be cheating with God. Imagine: if two dogmas differ, which one should you choose? It's like when you convert to Christianity, you can choose to be either a Protestant, or a Greek Orthodox or a Catholic, but you cannot choose to be a Catholic AND a Jew or a Protestant AND a buddhist. To me, that makes sense!