• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zoroastrian Revival in Iran?

Kirran

Premium Member
I've read around the place here and there a few claims that Zoroastrianism is growing hugely among Iranian young people of late. Upon looking it up briefly, I haven't found any evidence of this.

I'm curious - do you think this is the case? If so, do you have any sources I could look at?

Thankyou.

MD

qualiaphile
I don't know.

I have heard the same, but it could simply be a way for people to rebel against the theocracy. It could completely legit and people don't convert out of fear. It could be a small minority, it could be a major change. If Iran was a secular free country today I guarantee some would convert. But it's not and unlikely will be for a long time. The sunni-shia divide is growing and that will push more religious Iranians away from Islam. So it's up in the air but definitely looking positive for Zoroastrianism.

The only thing that could reverse this is if the U.S. bombs Iran like it did Iraq, and a Shi'a version of ISIS is born.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
It'd be great if Zoroastrianism saw a significant revival in its homeland. It might serve to curb the power of the mullahs and the Ayatollah. That and I think spending roughly a millennium as a minority religion would give many Zoroastrians a sobering view of how less populous religions should and should not be treated.