• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zonkey born in Kenya

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Zonkey! Rare zebra-donkey hybrid born in Kenya

BB12w1Lv.img

A Zonkey!

•Sheldrick Wildlife Trust said its squad noticed the zebra mother had a small foal by her side with a bizarrely brown body.

A rare zonkey, born to a zebra mother and a donkey father, has been spotted in Chyulu National Park in Kenya.

Sheldrick Wildlife Trust said its squad noticed the zebra had a small foal by her side with a bizarrely brown body.

According to the Trust, the had Initially chalked up the animal’s hue to a bath in some mud.

"At first, we thought that it had just been wallowing in the mud bath, but then the truth dawned on us: Our wayward zebra had given birth to a zonkey," it said.

I've never heard of a zonkey before.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I heard somewhere that zebra hybrids in general are quite rare.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nope. Zonkey just doesn't have tye ring or sound or satisfaction of "Donkey!" It sounds like an expression from Scooby Doo.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Nope. Zonkey just doesn't have tye ring or sound or satisfaction of "Donkey!" It sounds like an expression from Scooby Doo.
When I first read this word, I wondered - for a split second - if a monkey had been getting up to no good.:D

I suppose it could be a zenkey. Or a dobra.