• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zombies Descend on G20 Summit

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
'Zombies' descend on Hamburg for G20 summit protest - CNN.com

170706114209-g20-protest-zombies-03-0705-exlarge-169.jpg

I don't think this is the first time there has been a zombie protest before.

The protesters called it "Welcome to Hell."

Trump, risking isolation over climate, arrives for G20

Police expected around 100,000 protesters in the port city, some 8,000 of whom are deemed by security forces to be ready to commit violence. Up to 20,000 police officers will be on hand for the main demonstration.

As protesters prepared to start their march, hundreds of riot police in full gear lined the main street opposite the Blohm + Voss shipyard where luxury yachts, like Roman Abramovich's 'Eclipse', were built.

Shopkeepers on the street, fearing possible damage to their property, either shut up for the day or bolstered up their windows with wooden planks.

A fire overnight at a luxury Porsche car dealership in the north of the city that damaged eight vehicles could be a foretaste of what was to come. Police said they were investigating whether it was an arson attack linked to the summit.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Zombies of the world unite,
there are some rotted brains
for you to eat.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Why, exactly, are they protesting a G20 summit? Do they have something better for world leaders to do or is it just a photo op?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Why, exactly, are they protesting a G20 summit? Do they have something better for world leaders to do or is it just a photo op?

Since zombies subsist on brains, maybe they're protesting that there aren't enough brains at the summit for them to eat.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Since zombies subsist on brains, maybe they're protesting that there aren't enough brains at the summit for them to eat.
I rather suspect the dumbest leader in attendance is considerably brighter than the smartest protesters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I rather suspect the dumbest leader in attendance is considerably brighter than the smartest protesters.
Perhaps not in this case.
I'll wager your right one that many are in it just for zombie....excuse me....living impaired theatrics.
What could be more intelligent than a mirthful stunt with groaning & shuffling?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'll wager your right one that many are in it just for zombie....excuse me....living impaired theatrics.
I have to admit I cannot muster a witty comeback to that. Sorry, don't get the whole zombie fixation these days.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm reminded of the zombie walks they have at the Monroeville Mall where they filmed Dawn of the Dead (the 1978 version). It seems like it would be a fun time to dress up as a zombie and walk around the mall.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have to admit I cannot muster a witty comeback to that. Sorry, don't get the whole zombie fixation these days.
It's easy!
Zombie shows let people enjoy their deisre to see grisly
outrageous violent slayings with no guilt whatsoever.
This is because the victims are already dead.
Enjoy......

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
While @Revoltingest 's answer is IMO valid, I suspect that there is considerably more to it as well.

The zombie genre happens to connect, perhaps by luck of the draw, with several distinct appealling fantasies at once.

One of those is a variation of the "wild west" scenario, where boldness and determination are supposed to win the day against great dangers and cruel foes. Walking Dead (the TV show) has veered quite a lot towards that direction in recent seasons.

A subcategory of that is the paramilitary angle, which, again, has become more and more prevalent in the original TV series in recent years. Fortunately the spin-off has largely managed to avoid it, which makes it a better series IMO.

Less acknowledged but IMO still very significant are the elements of fall of society. The premise of zombie scenarios lends itself pretty well to situations that pick and choose almost freely from the whole spectrum between cosmopolitanism and uncivilized wilderness. That makes for an impressive variety of possible situations, as specific elements of any given post-zombie society are destroyed, reestablished or simply "rediscovered" with little difficulty. And a significant element of that is the simple appeal of "conquest of what was left behind". Zombie survivors often end up occupying far more impressive grounds than they used to have or to hope to inhabit before the calamity stroke.

There is also, of course, the simple fantasy of expecting people to survive or die according to our arbitrary preferences...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
While @Revoltingest 's answer is IMO valid, I suspect that there is considerably more to it as well.

The zombie genre happens to connect, perhaps by luck of the draw, with several distinct appealling fantasies at once.

One of those is a variation of the "wild west" scenario, where boldness and determination are supposed to win the day against great dangers and cruel foes. Walking Dead (the TV show) has veered quite a lot towards that direction in recent seasons.

A subcategory of that is the paramilitary angle, which, again, has become more and more prevalent in the original TV series in recent years. Fortunately the spin-off has largely managed to avoid it, which makes it a better series IMO.

Less acknowledged but IMO still very significant are the elements of fall of society. The premise of zombie scenarios lends itself pretty well to situations that pick and choose almost freely from the whole spectrum between cosmopolitanism and uncivilized wilderness. That makes for an impressive variety of possible situations, as specific elements of any given post-zombie society are destroyed, reestablished or simply "rediscovered" with little difficulty. And a significant element of that is the simple appeal of "conquest of what was left behind". Zombie survivors often end up occupying far more impressive grounds than they used to have or to hope to inhabit before the calamity stroke.

There is also, of course, the simple fantasy of expecting people to survive or die according to our arbitrary preferences...
Interesting, but, again, I've just not been bit by the zombie bug. The whole concept just doesn't work for me. :)
Give me vampires like in the wonderful Underworld series and now your talkin'.
I was hooked the first time I saw Kate jump off the building... :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I have noticed that the 'what's your zombie plan' trend only really exists within NRA gun nuts these days. Which is really amusing since zombies started out critiquing how quickly people became the villain worse than the zombies, due to them just waiting for an opportunity like this.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting, but, again, I've just not been bit by the zombie bug. The whole concept just doesn't work for me. :)
Give me vampires like in the wonderful Underworld series and now your talkin'.
I was hooked the first time I saw Kate jump off the building... :)
Of all the vampire stories, underworld is your bag? The movie so unoriginal it ripped off the Vampire: the Masqurade tabletop role-playing game? (And badly lost the ensuing lawsuit).
;)
Vampires can be interesting social narratives too, so long as they aren't allegories for being a teenager (underworld) or being an LGBT (interview with a Vampire.)
You ever read the original I Am Legend? It's much better than the movie. You might like it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It's easy!
Zombie shows let people enjoy their deisre to see grisly
outrageous violent slayings with no guilt whatsoever.
This is because the victims are already dead.
Enjoy......

Sure, if Trump had a meme taking a zombie to the floor and wailing on them nobody would be complaining right?

images

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Of all the vampire stories, underworld is your bag? The movie so unoriginal it ripped off the Vampire: the Masqurade tabletop role-playing game? (And badly lost the ensuing lawsuit).
;)
Vampires can be interesting social narratives too, so long as they aren't allegories for being a teenager (underworld) or being an LGBT (interview with a Vampire.)
You ever read the original I Am Legend? It's much better than the movie. You might like it.
Well, I liked it (all of the movies too) and think they are much better than any other vampire genre movies.... by a long shot. Never heard of I am Legend, but considered it as a working title for my biography. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
;)
Louis wasn't an allegory to being LGBT. I've never heard that take before. Rice's vampires are pretty openly bisexual.

I thought the I Am Legend book was boring.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I could tell that opening night of the mo (I think I smelled it walking into the auditorium), and I still loved it.
Underworld wasn't really teenagerish as it was soldier fights for good but discovers good is actually bad. I also really liked the third one about Lucien's rebellion.
And I also really like Interview with a Vampire, book (the Vampire Chronicle series) and movie. That, and the characters (several of them) are just gay or bi, and it's not much of a plot focus except for how attracted they are to each other.