• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zombie short film written by yours truly.

Trey of Diamonds

Hey everyone,

Sorry I’ve been absent for a while but all my free time has been taken up writing scripts for the Project Z: History of the Zombie Apocalypse web series. Not only am I writing episodes for that but I’m also doing the comic book tie in too. It’s lots of fun but it sure does eat up my free time. The good news is the first episode is now up on the web.

Project Z - Episode 1: "Lt." | projectz on Blip

The next episode is due out early July but I hope to find more time to post before then.

4consideration

Premium Member
Trey,

I just wanted to acknowledge your creative endeavor. Congratulations!

(I am sorry to have to admit that I couldn't watch it though. I am very squeemish about blood and guts, and just can't seem to watch horror type movies. They mess with my mind.)

Hey, if y'all end up doing some other (non-horror type) films -- let me know -- I'd love to see them.

Trey of Diamonds

Thanks, both of you. And for you squeamish types, there is very little blood and no gore to speak of. This is very low budget and more character driven drama than out right horror.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Cool. I'm scared of zombies, but I'll watch the episode. I watched Romero's "Land of the Dead" not too long ago on Netflix. I didn't realize that it had both John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper in it. If Bob Hoskins had joined the cast, it would have been like a Super Mario Bros movie reunion.

Alceste

Vagabond
Saw episode one. That was great! I'm going to watch some more. One bit of hopefully constructive criticism, your female characters could stand a bit less panicking / freaking out for no reason. That's one of Hollywood's least believable tropes.

Edit: just watched episode two and there were no pointless freak-outs, so never mind my constructive criticism. I like the zombie queen. :D

Last edited:

Trey of Diamonds

Saw episode one. That was great! I'm going to watch some more. One bit of hopefully constructive criticism, your female characters could stand a bit less panicking / freaking out for no reason. That's one of Hollywood's least believable tropes.

Thanks, the episodes have gotten progressively better. I wrote 1, 2 and 5. I will have one more episode this season and several more in the next 2 seasons.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Hey everyone,

Sorry I’ve been absent for a while but all my free time has been taken up writing scripts for the Project Z: History of the Zombie Apocalypse web series. Not only am I writing episodes for that but I’m also doing the comic book tie in too. It’s lots of fun but it sure does eat up my free time. The good news is the first episode is now up on the web.

Project Z - Episode 1: "Lt." | projectz on Blip

The next episode is due out early July but I hope to find more time to post before then.
I was all like: :drool:

Until i got:
404 - That Blip has sailed.

We can't find the page you're looking for, but we did find a few new shows you'll enjoy
then i was all like: :sad4:

Alceste

Vagabond
I watched all three of your episodes, Trey. Fun stuff! How do they manage to produce so many, so fast? What is the business model, if you don't mind my asking? Hard for me to imagine that level of productivity in any film undertaking as a "hobby".

Trey of Diamonds

I watched all three of your episodes, Trey. Fun stuff! How do they manage to produce so many, so fast? What is the business model, if you don't mind my asking? Hard for me to imagine that level of productivity in any film undertaking as a "hobby".

Oh they are looking beyond hobby. I can't say I know the business model as I'm just a lowly writer. I know that this is Hollywood South so we have lots of upcoming actors in the area with lots of experience at being extras. Elsewhere it is probably difficult to find people who have ever seen a script but here we have lots of people. Filming of an episode usually takes 3 days give or take one and editing that footage takes about a 4 or 5 days. At least, that's the pattern I've seen so far. I know that Savage Light Studios has some very dedicated people behind the scenes. Our producers and directors are dedicated and hard working. I've worked with several studios over the last few years and this one has the most forward momentum of them all.

Alceste

Vagabond
Oh they are looking beyond hobby. I can't say I know the business model as I'm just a lowly writer. I know that this is Hollywood South so we have lots of upcoming actors in the area with lots of experience at being extras. Elsewhere it is probably difficult to find people who have ever seen a script but here we have lots of people. Filming of an episode usually takes 3 days give or take one and editing that footage takes about a 4 or 5 days. At least, that's the pattern I've seen so far. I know that Savage Light Studios has some very dedicated people behind the scenes. Our producers and directors are dedicated and hard working. I've worked with several studios over the last few years and this one has the most forward momentum of them all.

Cool, I wish you and them great success!