• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zombie Dogs! More Animal Testing

Ori

Angel slayer
Disgraceful !
Animals should have just as much right to stay dead as humans, and just as much right to live in peace.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
It sounds eerily frightening to me; personally, the point mooted about 'no cerebral damage' doesn't say much, because we are talking about dogs here - the brain of a human might be wiped - who could know until it is tried.

"Plans to test the technique on humans should be realised within a year, according to the Safar Centre." - count me out.

I have a dislike of man 'going too far' with experimentation; this is a case I would put into that category. I may be talking rubbish, but it is rubbish in which I believe; I want no part in that.

As concerns the use of animals in testing - I think this is one case where it is morally wrong; dog's lives over our desire to live longer, or to thwart death ? - I don't like it. Sorry.
:(

Ryan2065

michel said:
I have a dislike of man 'going too far' with experimentation; this is a case I would put into that category. I may be talking rubbish, but it is rubbish in which I believe; I want no part in that.
I would hope they would only test on people who would die without the treatment... Like people with huge blood loss and what not... But then again how do you get consent from the patient if it's an emergency? Now that I think of it this will more than likely be tested on normal people...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One of my friends told about that a couple weeks ago. It sounds scary. That page should play the twilight zone theme.

huajiro

They should replace all of the poor, innocent animals they do these tests on with serial killers and child molesters. You would be amazed at how much better of a world it would be.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Woah, that's awesome! Think of the possibilities and new discoveries that can be made! Huajiro, I totally agree.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
They should replace all of the poor, innocent animals they do these tests on with serial killers and child molesters. You would be amazed at how much better of a world it would be.
Then it is the elderly, I mean they don't have long to live anyways, and who ever liked those Jew people...

In my opinion, no one should be used as scientific guinea pigs.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Then it is the elderly, I mean they don't have long to live anyways, and who ever liked those Jew people...
And your proof of this is where?

There's a huge difference between a murderer and an old person. The murderer did something wrong and doesn't deserve life. The old person is just old, they certainly didn't choose to be that old- and with testing and medical advances, they may be able to live longer and healthier lives.

I doubt it will slide down the slippery slope you think it will. : P

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok, murderer -> elderly is a large jump indeed.

Yet I believe we need only to look at human history(recent too) to realize that man has no care for those he deems socially unnacceptable, or that he deems does not deserve the same protection, and that what was once unheard of, even unthought of, becomes reality.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jamaesi said:
And your proof of this is where?

There's a huge difference between a murderer and an old person. The murderer did something wrong and doesn't deserve life. The old person is just old, they certainly didn't choose to be that old- and with testing and medical advances, they may be able to live longer and healthier lives.

I doubt it will slide down the slippery slope you think it will. : P
" The murderer did something wrong and doesn't deserve life "

Jamaesi;

I know what you say, and I agree with you in principle. as for the murderer - are we going to include doctors who perform abortions ? (I am thinking of Pah's topic); surely, anyway, it is not up to us to judge a murderer as to whether he should forfeit his life - surely, that is 'above us' because if we judge him fit to die, we become murderers ourselves?;)

obviously, I hold no truck with the comment about the old - that is an absurd statement and judgement.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One thing for sure, If I came back from the dead knowing I should be dead, I would want a smoke, alcohol, or something.
I just wonder what it would be like. You die, possible know you should be dead, then you wake up in some hospital type place.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Yet I believe we need only to look at human history(recent too) to realize that man has no care for those he deems socially unnacceptable, or that he deems does not deserve the same protection, and that what was once unheard of, even unthought of, becomes reality.
Examples?

The two I can think of...

With slavery of Africa people there were those who thought it wrong and helped slaves escape (the Underground Railroad) and those who fought against the institution of slavery.

With the Holocaust, again, there were those who didn't agree and helped Jews and other peoples escape.

I doubt concerned people will allow them to test on the elderly or certain races. : P

I know what you say, and I agree with you in principle. as for the murderer - are we going to include doctors who perform abortions ?
As abortion is legal, I don't think we need to punish doctors who are just doing their job.

surely, anyway, it is not up to us to judge a murderer as to whether he should forfeit his life - surely, that is 'above us' because if we judge him fit to die, we become murderers ourselves?
When a murderer takes a life or a rapist ruins some else's they forfeit their right to life because they infringed on the rights of others. If someone has been judged guilty of a crime beyound a shadow of a doubt I really think the only thing left to do is to dispose of them. By using them in experiments it gives back life in the form of medical advances and cures to diseases where they took life violently away.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Examples?
You have cited two. Slavery, and Holocaust. I will put forth four more.

Abortion
Russian Pogroms
Bosnian(?) Ethnic cleansisng
Religious extremists of all types

there were those who didn't agree and helped Jews and other peoples escape
there were those who thought it wrong and helped slaves escape (the Underground Railroad) and those who fought against the institution of slavery.
They however did not stop th practice. Both Holocaust and southern slavery ended only after a lost war.

I doubt concerned people will allow them to test on the elderly or certain races. : P
I can hope and pray.

Ryan2065

I am against human testing of any kind if it isn't voluntary. Not because it could open the door to anything else, but because it is wrong, period. No human is able to say that another human does not deserve life.