• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zombie apocalypse!!!

freethinker44

It has begun.

Witness describes naked man chewing another man’s face off before Miami cop shot him | News | National Post

“The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, ’Get off!”’ Vega said. “The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin.”
Vega flagged down a Miami police officer, who he said repeatedly ordered the attacker to get off the victim. The attacker just picked his head up and growled at the officer, Vega said.
As the attack continued, Vega said the officer shot the attacker, who continued chewing the victim’s face. The officer fired again, killing the attacker.

:run:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Revoltingest posted a link to this article. And "zombie" came to my mind as well.

Eh...we've been well educated on how to handle such issues, as a society.

freethinker44

Admit it: how many people in here hope this is the beginning of a zombie apocalypse?

I'm not going to lie. I kind of do.

I will tell you one thing though, I will definitely be looking out for news about crazy people in hospitals now. That is the next phase. First the random attacks, then the "victims" go to the hospital and start attacking other people.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not going to lie. I kind of do.

I will tell you one thing though, I will definitely be looking out for news about crazy people in hospitals now.

Hell, first thing I did when I saw this was go googling to see if this was happening anywhere else. :D

That is the next phase. First the random attacks, then the "victims" go to the hospital and start attacking other people.

That's exactly what I checked first. :D

I feel like a jerk for making light of the victims situation---that must have sucked bad and I hope they can help him---but then, I kind of am a jerk.

edit: but I'm a prepared jerk.

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
A topic as important as this one deserves at least 5 threads!

Yes, indeedy. And you have done us a great public service.

I must confess however, that my choice of verbiage was poor. I was thinking of the fantastic lessons learned through all of the Zombie flicks I've seen (and have hated).

If the time has come...I'm (half-arsed) ready!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Ironic how I just took the family out to check up on our safehouse out in the country. Checked the root cellar, the foundation, drainage, and the fishing pond.

Serious.

*sharpens weapons and fills gas tank*

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Later articles I read said it is believed he was on a specific new drug. It makes the organs hot, and the person insane, and difficult to stop without excessive violence, so they rip their clothes off and do crazy things. He ate almost the entire man's face off bit by bit over several minutes while the man was (and is still) alive.

So in a way, it sort of is like a zombie movie. A drug can turn a person into literally a mindless cannibal that's difficult to kill. Many zombie movies start with some sort of pharmaceutical cause.

A

angellous_evangellous

The guy was obviously insane.

Have some compassion.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there's anyone I have compassion for in this scenario, it's especially the man who endured several minutes of having his face eaten off and who is still alive, more so than the guy who did drugs and did the face-eating.

horizon_mj1

In the March 2011 issue of popular science there is an article that explains the highly unlikely way of a zombie virus' likelihood. A virus and (I believe it is called) a prion would have to fuse. One well know prion disease is mad cow disease. In cultures where cannibalism is practiced, some participants get zombie like due to a brain mutation derived from eating human flesh.