• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zionophobia

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
That's a ******** answer. It shows that you're completely oblivious regarding the creation of the state of Israel.

In 1937, David Ben Gurion said:

We do not wish, we do not need to expel the Arabs and take their place. All our aspirations are built upon the assumption — proven throughout all our activity in the Land — that there is enough room in the country for ourselves and the Arabs.

What proof can you offer to show that he lied? Before 1948, what land in the region known as Palestine did the Jews take that wasn't legally purchased or uninhabited?
The settlers now-a-days going outside of Israels borders to create settlements?

Poisonshady313

Well from a political standpoint, I don't agree with nationalism period. I don't agree in principle that the advancement of a particular people is greater than all. I believe all of us have a right to sovereignty, but if its at the expense of others then we have to question our morality.

Zionism isn't about advancing a particular people as greater than anyone, and never intended to be at the expense of anyone else. The Jews who came to Israel before 48 came to be neighbors, both to the Arabs living there, and the Jews who had maintained a continual presence in the land for thousands of years.

If anything, the Jews being there improved the standard of living for their Arab neighbors.

But they resented the Jewish presence in the land. They couldn't tolerate it. So they started attacking Jewish areas. And the Jews had every right to defend themselves. They weren't confiscating anything. They weren't usurping anything. They were moving onto uninhabited or purchased land in the land of their forefathers. There was no reason for the Arabs to be hostile towards them... except for intolerance and hatred.

No matter where Jews are in the world, they share a heritage and a culture and a history... and they also have a tendency to be treated as second class citizens, or in many cases as subhuman, because they wouldn't give up their culture and their religion.

There is no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to have a land to call their own, where they can be safe. Where there will never be a sign that says "No Jews Allowed". There's no reason why this couldn't be in their historical birthplace and homeland. There's no reason why the Arab inhabitants of the land couldn't be full and equal citizens with the freedom to live the same way they did before.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
They never have. Yesha and Gaza are still within Israel's borders. At one time, Sinai was within Israel's borders(it was given to Egypt in exchange for a peace treaty).

Poisonshady313

I'm not talking about now-a-days.

I'm asking very specifically about the land that was first called the state of Israel in 48.

As of the moment the Israeli declaration of independence was signed, what had been confiscated from the Arabs living in the land?

Shermana

Heretic

What do you mean going outside Israel's borders? It's not Jordan's borders anymore, it's now Israel's. The Arabs in Judea-Samaria do not have any borders except PA administration zones.

You should try telling Jordan to let its Palestinians back into the 80% of Palestine it occupies. If the world did that, the problem would be solved. You could fit a large number of Judea-Samarias in Jordan and you could easily find land for every "refugee" in the huge (relatively) Jordan which used to be called "Palestine" just like how Israel's territory used to be referred to "Palestine". But no one complains about Jordan because.......?

If the world forced sparsely-populated Jordan at gunpoint to accept the Palestinians everyone would be so much happier.

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

Actually what I meant was "Arabs" are a diverse group so in making statements say Syrians attacked Israelis not Arabs. I said it in a way that it doesn't offend all Arabs

8 Arab armies descended upon Israel to destroy it on the day it was born. Wasn't just Syrians. Given that none of them had accepted Israel as of 67, it's not unfair to describe the people hostile towards Israel as "Arabs".

Shermana

Heretic
41593_277283413135_5018_s.jpg

The only solution which will prevent WW3: Pressure the Hashemites to simply rename their country Palestine.