• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zionism

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, if majority of Kurds want it then why not?

Enough to advocate the US taxpayers tying a few billion dollars of debt to the grandkids every year and giving the Kurds a seat on the UN security council?
Israel gets that from us.

Tom

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Ask an Iroquois about that. It isn't new.

The difference is mainly that the Iroquois aren't recognized by the UN and aren't allowed their own army to enforce their ownership of ancestral lands.

Tom

Not a fair comparison. We don't know exactly how the Iroquois League came about, but we do know that it was formed prior to any major contact with Europeans, and certainly not as a result of rejection or enforced separation by any external geopolitical forces.

Phil25

Enough to advocate the US taxpayers tying a few billion dollars of debt to the grandkids every year and giving the Kurds a seat on the UN security council?
Israel gets that from us.

Tom

I dont get you. Are you claiming Israel shouldnt be supported by US

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not a fair comparison. We don't know exactly how the Iroquois League came about, but we do know that it was formed prior to any major contact with Europeans, and certainly not as a result of rejection or enforced separation by any external geopolitical forces.

You're misunderstanding me.
The Iroquois have contracts signed by the US government giving them substantial homeland right here in the USA. They were forced out by the same government. They are not the only indigenous peoples to have that.

But the USA will spend gazillions of borrowed dollars supporting Zionists and not it's own citizens.

Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I dont get you. Are you claiming Israel shouldnt be supported by US

Yes Exactly

That's it.

I don't much care what middle eastern extremists do to each other. I don't claim to know what is right or wrong there. I just don't want to be part of the violence. Let the Zionists and Muslims kill each other if they want. Just don't make me part of it.

Tom

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm trying to figure out how to answer that in 500 words or less (and failing). :p

Basically what I'm trying to say is that in one form or another European antisemitism has never allowed Israel not to exist. The perception of Jews as a separate people, regardless of how individual Jews perceived themselves, is what made the establishment of the state of Israel necessary in the first place.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
You're misunderstanding me.
The Iroquois have contracts signed by the US government giving them substantial homeland right here in the USA. They were forced out by the same government. They are not the only indigenous peoples to have that.

Yeah, and that sucks, but it's a completely different scenario.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, and that sucks, but it's a completely different scenario.
What is different is that Christian Zionists care about Israel, not justice.

Otherwise the difference is just details. It isn't like the aboriginal communities were treated any better than German Jews. They were slaughtered out of hand.

Tom

Phil25

Yes Exactly

That's it.

I don't much care what middle eastern extremists do to each other. I don't claim to know what is right or wrong there. I just don't want to be part of the violence. Let the Zionists and Muslims kill each other if they want. Just don't make me part of it.

Tom

But there are many, right here in USA, who deeply care about Israel, who dont care if their tax money goes to support Israel. Who should the Govt listen, you or Supporters of Israel.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
But there are many, right here in USA, who deeply care about Israel, who dont care if their tax money goes to support Israel. Who should the Govt listen, you or Supporters of Israel.

Let USA Zionists fund it themselves, what I'm objecting to is taxpayers doing it while the government is explaining how they have to cut budgets for USA stuff. We can't pay for schools or unemployment benefits because the deficits are at record levels. But Israel is different than us citizens. They are apparently more important.

Tom

Phil25

Let USA Zionists fund it themselves, what I'm objecting to is taxpayers doing it while the government is explaining how they have to cut budgets for USA stuff. We can't pay for schools or unemployment benefits because the deficits are at record levels. But Israel is different than us citizens. They are apparently more important.

Tom

You are suggesting an Isolationist policy, that USA shouldnt get involved in other nations.
But then some people could say "Hey, our tax money is being used to fund USAID, I dont care people of Sudan are dying of hunger, I dont want my money being used to help Sudanese, I want my money in helping fellow Americans by building schools etc."
Apparently Sudan is more important than US.
Cutting the support just to Israel is unfair. Either we go completely isolationist or we continue status quo.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You are suggesting an Isolationist policy, that USA shouldnt get involved in other nations.
But then some people could say "Hey, our tax money is being used to fund USAID, I dont care people of Sudan are dying of hunger, I dont want my money being used to help Sudanese, I want my money in helping fellow Americans by building schools etc."
Apparently Sudan is more important than US.
Cutting the support just to Israel is unfair. Either we go completely isolationist or we continue status quo.
No, I'm suggesting that we cut off military funding to a country that can take care of itself(or not I don't care). Not humanitarian aid for starving people. We could do more for the worlds desperate people if we didn't invest so much in Zionism.

Tom

Phil25

No, I'm suggesting that we cut off military funding to a country that can take care of itself(or not I don't care). Not humanitarian aid for starving people. We could do more for the worlds desperate people if we didn't invest so much in Zionism.

Tom

You may feel military stuff is rubbish, but there are many other Americans who think Defending and Supporting Israel by providing weaponry is as important as supporting humanitarian aid in Sudan. We cant stop either.

MD

qualiaphile
The US should become much more isolationist, a lot of the mess in Iraq is America's fault.

When most people were crying about Clinton getting his jollies on with Monica Lewinsky, half a million Iraqi children died due to sanctions. The population of Iraq was around 25 million at the time, imagine 500,000 children dying due to western sanctions.

The foreign policy is deeply flawed, corrupt and if the average American knew what really happens with their intelligence agencies they would be shocked. For example, April Glaspie an American ambassador gave the green light to Saddam to invade. He didn't expect a country which had supplied him arms for a decade against Iran to attack him after the ambassador gave him the green light.

The population of Iraq in the 90s was around 25 million and 500,000 kids died due to sanctions. That would be around 5 million if it had the population of America. Imagine if 5 million kids died due to a country's sanctions? A country which supplied you weapons and had good relations with you? Wouldn't you be ****** off that innocent kids in your country had to die?

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You may feel military stuff is rubbish, but there are many other Americans who think Defending and Supporting Israel by providing weaponry is as important as supporting humanitarian aid in Sudan. We cant stop either.
Why can't we stop funding violence and destruction? I think we can.

There are people who think that the USA is a Christian nation. Why don't they advocate for more humanitarian aid and less weaponry?

Tom

Phil25

The US should become much more isolationist, a lot of the mess in Iraq is America's fault.

When most people were crying about Clinton getting his jollies on with Monica Lewinsky, half a million Iraqi children died due to sanctions.

The foreign policy is deeply flawed, corrupt and if the average American knew what really happens with their intelligence agencies they would be shocked. For example, April Glaspie an American ambassador gave the green light to Saddam to invade. He didn't expect a country which had supplied him arms for a decade against Iran to attack him after the ambassador gave him the green light.

But there are many Iraqi Americans, who are concerned about ISIS expanding into Iraq, they want US to do something, than just sit and watch.

MD

qualiaphile
But there are many Iraqi Americans, who are concerned about ISIS expanding into Iraq, they want US to do something, than just sit and watch.

Iraq was about the 1% getting richer. Dick Cheney got really rich. Some oil folks got rich. I'm sure the Bush family made a few bucks.

5000 American soldiers died and hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians died, for what? If I was an American I would be calling for the imprisonment of Cheney, he is a profiteering warmongerer.

Some things you just have to let be.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Like what? The USA has no power there anymore. "Iraqi Americans" like Chalabi have used it all up.

Tom

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Zionism is unmotivated. The Jews decided to abandon that land 2 millenniums ago. In the fourties they wanted this land back.

then why had they left?

Status
Not open for further replies.