• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zero Escape: Virtue's last reward

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Is anyone else as excited for this game as I am? As a huge 999 fan (playing it now) I knew that as soon as I heard they were making a sequal that it'd become a must buy. The only problem is that 3DS is region locked, meaning that unless it's released in the Europe then I'll have to either buy an American 3DS or buy a vita and import then import the game. edit: It's been released in Europe so I don't need to import it anymore :D

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about Zero Escape: Virtue's last reward and Zero Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (aka 999) are mystery, puzzle, visual novels published by Aksys games. The basic plot is that you and 8 other people have been kidnapped and forced to play the nonary game by a character known only as zero. In 999 this meant that you had 9 hours to find the door with a number 9 and exit through it. However team work is important as each player is assigned their own number and to enter a numbered door (there are 9 numbered doors from 1 to 9 and most are "hidden") you must meet a few conditions. 1) 3-5 people must go through the door, no more no less. 2) The "digital root" of all people must equal the door number. So to get through door 4 you need 3-5 people who's digital root equals 4. The digital root is calculated by finding the total of all people entering (i.e 3+5+4+1 = 13) Then if this is NOT a single digit number to add the units together (1+3 = 4). This stops players from just killing off everyone and trying to escape on their own (especially when most players are needed to reach door 9).

[youtube]LfioFxOEHKA[/youtube]
999 - Trailer (DS) - YouTube

Virtue's last reward, however, is slightly different. Instead of each player being given a different number, this time all players start with a bracelet with the number 3 on it and a colour (either red, blue or green). The number represents a players Bracelet points or BP. The way to get more BP is to play an AB game where you can choose either betray or ally and your opponent can do the same (think of the prisoners dilemma and you've pretty much got it). The chart below explains the possible outcomes. If bother players choose ally then both receive 2 BP. If one chooses betray and the other chooses ally then the person who chose ally loses 2 BP and the person who chose betray gains 3 BP. If both players choose betray then neither player gains or loses any BP. Note: the aim is to get 9 BP and any player who goes to 0 or lower dies...

Prisoners-Dilemma.jpg

picture from blisteredthumbs.net

The problem however is that to get into an AB room you need a card key. To get these cards keys you need to go through a chromatic door and solve the puzzle(s) inside. The way to open a chromatic door depends on the colour of your bracelet. If you want to open a cyan door and you have a red bracelet then you'd need to pair up with someone with a blue bracelet, if you wanted to go through a yellow door then you'd need to pair up with a green bracelet and to get through a cyan door you need to pair up with another red bracelet. At the beginning of the game you are a red pair with someone named phi and there are two other pair groups as well as three solo players.. Once you have completed the puzzles and got the cards you can open an elevator to play the AB game. In the AB game you play against the person you went through the chromatic door with. I think this covers most of the basics so I'll leave the description here for now, any questions then feel free to ask.

[youtube]BqcHlMsJoh4[/youtube]
Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die Promo Anime [English Sub] - YouTube

Last edited:

9Westy9

Premium Member
Just heard that this game is getting a European release:woohoo: :jiggy: :bounce :clap2: :danana:

9Westy9

Premium Member
Finally finished the game, so I should be better positioned to answer any questions people might have about the game. I'll also update my OP on what VLR is about a bit more