• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zeno's Paradox

atanu

Premium Member
Hello Rev

I will point out that crusty mucous is not tasty unless salty. And same with bacon. So, kindly re-evalute your revolting concept.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hello Rev

I will point out that crusty mucous is not tasty unless salty. And same with bacon. So, kindly re-evalute your revolting concept.
Swamp & I were inside joking.
"crustymucus" was his alter ego in another forum....to lighten the mood with mirth, dancing & poetry.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Yes, it's been solved for a long time. It's solved with limits and the calculus: an infinite sum with continually diminishing components converges to a finite number.

E.g., (I can't use math symbols on my work computer, so E = sigma)

(At infinity, where n = 1) E 1/2^n = {1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 + 1/64 + ...} = 1

In other words, it doesn't really take infinite time to cross the space because it only takes some finite number to cross the infinite divides.
Zeno has several paradoxes, and there are several ways of interpreting this set of paradoxes. This mathematical approach solves but one interpretation of what the paradoxes represent. Thought of as a meditation on mysticism, as Zeno may have intended, since it was asserted as part of a proof for Parmenides' claim that "all is one" the paradox is not necessarily about the impossibility of movement but a paradox on the nature of the 'existence' of things. In that sense, it remains unsolved. Perhaps it is not meant to be solved.