• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zen Master!

cedartree

Haha jk hardly a master of anything ;)

I am a Zen practitioner, in particular the school of Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America & Antai-ji in Japan.

The focus is Zazen, and in particular the "Simply Sitting" method.

In this practice one simply sits and opens up to life, presence, awareness, and letting go. Pretty intimate practice as it really is simply spending time with oneself and than understanding the nature of self.

Look forward to chatting with the community and learning from everyone here

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Today we offer you something special to open up to.....
tenor.gif

And for dessert...
apple-pie-with-ice-cream.jpg

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

I am a Zen practitioner, in particular the school of Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery in America & Antai-ji in Japan.

In this practice one simply sits and opens up to life, presence, awareness, and letting go. Pretty intimate practice as it really is simply spending time with oneself and than understanding the nature of self.

Hey, we'll have none of that learning nonsense here, either you argue blindly lashing out with a closed mind or else.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Welcome :)

images

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I practiced Zazen for years as a part of Aikido/Iaido/Kendo training. It was an integral part of these disciplines. I also have made and designed Zen gardens for over thirty years. I found it a rewarding spiritual discipline in the arts I practiced, but in the context of the many diverse beliefs of the world it stands alone like the others.

The only problem I found is like all individual religions and disciplines such as Zazen in the Zen philosophy they cannot stand alone as the 'solution' as each individual religion, church and spiritual discipline claims. It may satisfy an individual 'understanding of the true self' as most claim from many diverse different religious beliefs and perspectives, and diverse conclusions that fulfill their own desire for a 'sense of community' or in this case a 'sense of nothingness.'

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I practiced Zazen for years as a part of Aikido/Iaido/Kendo training. It was an integral part of these disciplines. I also have made and designed Zen gardens for over thirty years. I found it a rewarding spiritual discipline in the arts I practiced, but in the context of the many diverse beliefs of the world it stands alone like the others.

The only problem I found like all individual religions and disciplines such as Zazen in the Zen philosophy they cannot stand alone as the 'solution' as each individual religion, church and spiritual discipline claims. It may satisfy an individual 'understanding of the true self' as most claim from many diverse different religious beliefs and perspectives, and diverse conclusions that fulfill their own desire for a 'sense of community.'
Zen always struck me as being much ado about nothing. :D

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Zen always struck me as being much ado about nothing. :D

In that way it is has a purpose, but if one hides there in 'nothing,' it looses its purpose.

If you note my moniker is 'shunya'dragon, or in translation 'nothing' dragon.

Buddha did not point to himself, Buddha pointed . . . .

cedartree

Thanks for the amazing welcome! And those pictures were insanely cool! hahah especially the moo one. Lol muuuuuuu!!!!! (Koan'sters get it)

I am also really craving apple pie now....

What does everyone practice, love to hear about all your practices!

LukeS

I tried Zen from a book once, but as my local Buddhists were of Tibetan origin, that's where I went.