• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zen Made Easy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I have been reading an excellent little book called "Zen Made Easy" by Timothy Freke.

Here is a taste -

Zen is nothing special. It is living our everyday lives as an extraordinary adventure of spiritual awakening. It is doing what we do, but doing it with full awareness. Zen is not about introducing spirituality into our lives. It is recognising the miracle of the lives we are already living.

Enjoy your day!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have been reading an excellent little book called "Zen Made Easy" by Timothy Freke.

Here is a taste -

Zen is nothing special. It is living our everyday lives as an extraordinary adventure of spiritual awakening. It is doing what we do, but doing it with full awareness. Zen is not about introducing spirituality into our lives. It is recognising the miracle of the lives we are already living.

Enjoy your day!
Nowhere man puts the kettle on to brew some cups of tea for everyone....

I like the cut of your jib my good fellow. :0)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's another little taste -

Zen teaches that anything we think we are is just a thought in the mind. We are not the thought. We are the consciousness that witnesses the thought. But even to say this is just another thought!

Enjoy!