• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zelensky declares martial law

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Isn't that the point of the martial law?
Martial law is not necessary to imprison these people if they are aiding the Russians.

I am not an expert in the Ukrainian legal system, but I am confident that treason is against the law.

I know, treason is a word that people have thrown around a lot lately, but this is what the word actually means. If they are giving aid to the enemy in a time of war they need to be locked up.

InChrist

Free4ever
The text you posted revealed it was not journalism. You posted that quote for a reason, and I'm asking you what you think it means. Frankly it appears to be a misleading piece which IF that isn't the writer's intention it's a poor writer.
I think it means people need to wake up, ask questions, and seek to know what is really going on because we have been led from one crisis to another, with our information controlled and censored, our perceptions manipulated and our thoughts directed on who we are to hate.
Lives are being destroyed, global supply chains disrupted, inflation spreading everywhere, and more. I think these along with the chaos and damage of war happening in Ukraine, as well as the threat of world nuclear war are a part of the playbook to cause fear in people on a global scale, bring people into deeper dependency on government for all aspects of life, and to bring in the great reset of world economics and political control. Not to mention the vast amount of money the military- industrial complex is raking in right now.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think it means people need to wake up, ask questions, and seek to know what is really going on because we have been led from one crisis to another, with our information controlled and censored, our perceptions manipulated and our thoughts directed on who we are to hate.
Lives are being destroyed, global supply chains disrupted, inflation spreading everywhere, and more. I think these along with the chaos and damage of war happening in Ukraine, as well as the threat of world nuclear war are a part of the playbook to cause fear in people on a global scale, bring people into deeper dependency on government for all aspects of life, and to bring in the great reset of world economics and political control. Not to mention the vast amount of money the military- industrial complex is raking in right now.
It's not being honest nor assessing objectively. It's trying to imply Zelenskyy is corrupt and doing so without acknowledging the circumstances of the war. It's not looking at Zelenskyy's history of being honest, as we saw what trump tried to exploit him "for a favor". Zelenskyy didn't go for the corruption, he exposed trump's corruption even if it meant uncertainty for his nation's defense. So the source you cited is highly suspicious in trying to sell a perspective that isn't based on the full extent of evidence.

Wake up. Get better sources. You can't get away with biased sources in this open forum. You should have learned that by now. My guess is you do this to see if your own views are supported by smart and rational thinkers. They are not.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Reporter have done that.

Btw ....unfortunately Ukraine is pretty similar to Russia as for LGBT rights and minorities' rights.
Here, article says that Ukrainian trans people would like to flee to the European Union, but the Government will not let them cross the border, because it considers them males. And males must stay to fight.
Ucraina, donne transgender in fuga respinte al confine: «Sono uomini, devono tornare a combattere»

That is why...the most atrocious side of the story is that only women are arriving as refugees.
They left their own men there. Why?
Why this injustice?
Why can't there be Ukrainian men who want to escape to Europe too? And who do not want to fight?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Btw ....unfortunately Ukraine is pretty similar to Russia as for LGBT rights and minorities' rights.
Here, article says that Ukrainian trans people would like to flee to the European Union, but the Government will not let them cross the border, because it considers them males. And males must stay to fight.
Ucraina, donne transgender in fuga respinte al confine: «Sono uomini, devono tornare a combattere»

That is why...the most atrocious side of the story is that only women are arriving as refugees.
They left their own men there. Why?
Why this injustice?
Why can't there be Ukrainian men who want to escape to Europe too? And who do not want to fight?

It is funny. A lot of idiots in the right-wing media have actually argued that the reason Putin invaded Ukraine was because they were too tolerant of LGBTQ culture and Putin had to fight the “woke” culture and restore good White Christian values.

Obviously that is nonsense,

InChrist

Free4ever
It's not being honest nor assessing objectively. It's trying to imply Zelenskyy is corrupt and doing so without acknowledging the circumstances of the war. It's not looking at Zelenskyy's history of being honest, as we saw what trump tried to exploit him "for a favor". Zelenskyy didn't go for the corruption, he exposed trump's corruption even if it meant uncertainty for his nation's defense. So the source you cited is highly suspicious in trying to sell a perspective that isn't based on the full extent of evidence.

Wake up. Get better sources. You can't get away with biased sources in this open forum. You should have learned that by now. My guess is you do this to see if your own views are supported by smart and rational thinkers. They are not.
I would say it depends on who decides which sources are valid or bias. I have no doubt you lean toward sources which support your own views. We are all prone to that. I read sources form both left, right or in between. I am more concerned with getting at the truth than whether I agree completely with the political leanings of the source.
I have read plenty at this point to make me question Zelensky’s integrity. So I am watching and waiting to see. Putin is brutal and evil tyrant.
Interesting, though that they have BOTH been a part of Young Global Leaders program, of the World Economic Forum which has been instrumental in shaping a new world order.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
It is about survival and stability right now.

Every nation works on surviving and maintaining stability, and it's at all times. Having totalitarian policies, interestingly, is not necessary. Anybody who excuses totalitarianism in the name of survival or stability is probably a totalitarian themselves.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Every nation works on surviving and maintaining stability, and it's at all times. Having totalitarian policies, interestingly, is not necessary. Anybody who excuses totalitarianism in the name of survival or stability is probably a totalitarian themselves.
Two months ago you would have an argument.

Today you don't. Extraordinary circumstances.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I would say it depends on who decides which sources are valid or bias.
The factual content and objective nature of reporting is what determines whether a source is reliable and credible. Ethical people recognize these high standards.

I have no doubt you lean toward sources which support your own views.
My views are objective and factual reporting. I avoid biased sources. I have a bit of an advantage over most in that I was in journalism in high school and college and the lessons we were taught is objectivity and ethics. I look for these in reporting.

We are all prone to that. I read sources form both left, right or in between. I am more concerned with getting at the truth than whether I agree completely with the political leanings of the source.
If you are an ethical, honest, and open minded person your bias will be towards reputable and credible sources. The source in the OP is not reputable, and is highly biased. The name of the website is highly biased itself, and no doubt is biased to attract those who have a certain far right Christian set of beliefs. What is their aim, the End Times? It's almost comical that you aren't ashamed to cite it.

I have read plenty at this point to make me question Zelensky’s integrity. So I am watching and waiting to see. Putin is brutal and evil tyrant.
You haven't presented anything to question Zelenskyy's integrity. The question about martial law has been explained as a way to help maintain order during a war. This has occurred by many democratic governments during war. If anything it suggests a high degree of competency on Zelenskyy's part. This is how having a good knowledge base helps assess and understand current affairs.

Interesting, though that they have BOTH been a part of Young Global Leaders program, of the World Economic Forum which has been instrumental in shaping a new world order.
New world order? This sounds like right wing fear nonsense. What the EU and NATO have endeavored to do, and done so successfully, is help establish consistency, stability, and order to avoid war and political conflicts. This has resulted in a fantastic era of peace and economic growth in the world, mostly the West. Cooperation and compromises has led to this. The far right Christians seem eager to be in the End Times. They thought the 9-11 attacks was it. Nope. Now they think the Ukraine invasion is. The rest of the planet wants peace and stability, and to get on with life, not this right wing destruction. Let's note Putin is a far right authoritarian leader who is for the most part a fascist. He wants to act via his own rules, and is doing so from a Christian perspective according to some reports. The danger is if the far right Christian base in America will back Putin, and support this extremism in American politics. No doubt, certain Christians are confused and divided. That has been the long term problem with Christianity, it is a confused religion with many massive political and social and dogmatic divisions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Banning political parties does come across as red flags.

It's a bit like calling one's opponent a traitor and eliminating their influence.

My question is how can he actually do that without proclaiming oneself as a dictator? Wouldn't that require a multi party vote or something?
How does he do it? It's called being invaded by a much larger nation and being presented with a real existentialist threat. If they are pro-Russia that does mean pro-those who are aggressively invading.
It's that "in case of emergency" thing.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I disagree. You just like totalitarianism.
False. Quite the contrary. The right wing in the USA is totalitarian, and I'm very liberal, and advocate for expanded liberties. That government has to protect and defend the liberties of the marginalized should not be confused as totalitarian.

How is it totalitarian to support Ukraine's government maintaining control and order during a war? As we know there are many pro-Russia people in politics which seems to be the corrupt part of it, given the history we know. I can see limiting these people to help protect the defense of Ukraine against the very sympathies of the politicians who pose a threat TO Zelenskyy and the majority government.

Now you are informed. Update your understanding.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
False. Quite the contrary. The right wing in the USA is totalitarian, and I'm very liberal, and advocate for expanded liberties. That government has to protect and defend the liberties of the marginalized should not be confused as totalitarian.

Now you are informed. Update your understanding.
How, in a thread that has Putin as a subject, can you claim the American Right is totalitarian? Yes, some are, but they themselves aren't. Try talking to some Russians who lost their job due to being against this war what a totalitarian regime is actually like.