• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zelda: Ocrarina of time, and One of the wisdoms of prostrating many times a day.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm going to talk just about this component from an Islamic view point with Zelda Ocarina of time. Of course, take what I say with a mountain of salt. Also make sure all to make Zelda ocarina threads after.

Remember this in Zelda:

Dark Link (Ocarina of Time) - YouTube

Well, I believe our actions are somewhat like that, they are mirrored both by good and dark intentions, they are influenced from the Qareen of the right vs the Qareen of the left (Qareen means close friend/companion).

The thing is something the dark self hates doing is prostrating to God but even that, can be done in pride and drunkenness' in love of the lower world and reputation.

For Muslims you see when you sin, you have a harder time going to Salah and it feels painful when you pray after you sinned. This is because the dark companion, which mirrors the Imam hates being humble to God and testifying to Mohammad (s).

Adan is a call to forces of light in your soul, Aqama is the soldiers of intelligence ready to make battle with soldier of ignorance.

Ignorance can mimic intelligence. We see this all the time when people say stupid things but look to others and themselves as if they are intelligent and saying intelligent things.

When we go to prayer we make Wudoo, which is about purifying our intentions through a ritual.

Takbir is to say God is greater then all rewards this world has to offer and to belittle all else then him.

It's also in this state, we don't see anything, we close our eyes, and we are to remember God and not want anything other then him.

Imam Jaffar (a) says:

A person who performs true prostration (sujud) does not lose Allah at all, even if it is done only once in his entire life; but the man who deserts his Lord in that state does not prosper. He is like someone who deceives himself, neglecting and forgetting the immediate joy and the ease after this life which Allah has prepared for those who prostrate themselves.

The person who does well in his prostration is never far from Allah; while the person who shows ill courtesy and neglects to honour Him because his heart is attached to something other than Allah in the state of prostration will never come near to Him. Therefore prostrate yourself with the prostration of some- one abased, who knows that he is created from the earth on which people tread, that he is fashioned from sperm which everyone finds impure, and that he was given being when he did not exist.

Allah made prostration the occasion to draw near to Him in one's heart, innermost being and spirit. Whoever draws near to Him is far from all that is other than Him. Do you not see that in its outward appearance the state of prostrations is not complete except by disappearing from all things and being veiled from all that the eyes see? Thus does Allah want the inward being to be. If someone's heart is attached to something other than Allah in prayer, he is near to that thing, and far from the reality of what Allah desires in His prayer. For He has said,

مَّا جَعَلَ اللَّهُ لِرَجُلٍ مِّن قَلْبَيْنِ فِي جَوْفِهِ

Allah has not made for any man two hearts in his breast. (33:4)

In the words of the Messenger of Allah: “Almighty Allah said, ‘When I look on the heart of a bondsman, I know if he has sincere love and obedience for My sake and seeks My pleasure in it. Then I take charge of him and draw near to him. Whoever is occupied with other than Me in his prayer is one of those who mocks himself, and his name is recorded in the register of the losers.’”

From lantern of the path, found here: Prostration in Prayer | Lantern of the Path | Al-Islam.org

Even Salah can be mirrored in dark intentions. But ultimately, it's where to fight the dark self and companion from Iblis and restore the soul to God and his Guiding King.

This is my view. Zelda: Ocarina Thread time guys.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, take what I say with a mountain of salt. Also make sure all to make Zelda ocarina threads after.

My thread was meant facetiously. I've gotten significantly helpful advice from multiple people on this forum over the years myself.

Just clarifying that it was a joke thread and not really intended as snark or anything of the sort against any specific member. Apologies if it came across that way.