• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zaidi hadiths about Ahlulbayt (a)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Given that Zaidis don't believe in a supernatural Wilayah and chosen position of Ahlulbayt (a), I thought it would be interesting to see what their sources said about Ahlulbayt (a) in form of ahadith.

Here are some:

فرات قال: حدثنا محمد بن القاسم بن عبيد معنعناً:
عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام أنه قال: { إنا أنزلناه في ليلة القدر } الليلة فاطمة والقدر الله فمن عرف فاطمة حق معرفتها فقد أدرك ليلة القدر، وإنما سميت فاطمة لأن الخلق فطموا عن معرفتها - أو من معرفتها الشك [من أبي القاسم. أ، ب] - وقوله: { وما أدراك ما ليلة القدر؟! ليلة القدر خيرٌ من ألف شهر } يعني خير من ألف مؤمن وهي أم المؤمنين { تنزل الملائكة والروح فيها } والملائكة المؤمنون الذين يملكون علم آل محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم والروح القدس هي فاطمة عليها السلام { بإذن ربهم من كل أمر سلام هي حتى مطلع الفجر } يعني حتى يخرج القائم عليه السلام.

From Abu Abdullah (Imam Jaffar (a)): "Indeed we revealed on the night of the value", the Night is Fatima and the value is God so who recognizes Fatima with the true recognition so then he has understood the night of Qadr, and she is only named Fatima because creation is weaned from her knowledge or our knowledge (he doubts) and his saying "what makes you know the night of Qadr? The night of Qadr is better a thousand shahr (luminaries to be turned to/months)" meaning better then thousands of believers and she is the mother of believers "The Angels come down and there is a spirit in it" The Angels are the believers (of the Jinn) who carry the knowledge of the family of Mohammad (s) and the holy spirit is Fatima (A) "by the permission of their lord from all affairs/command there is peace until the coming of the morning", meaning until the the Qaim (a) comes out.

ال: حدثنا فرات بن إِبراهيم الكوفي معنعناً:

عن أبي الجارود قال: سألت زيد بن علي [عليهما السلام. أ، ر] عن هذه الآية: { ثم أورثنا الكتاب الذين اصطفينا من عبادنا فمنهم ظالم لنفسه ومنهم مقتصد ومنهم سابق بالخيرات بإذن الله } قال: { الظالم لنفسه } فيه ما في الناس والمقتصد المتعبد الجالس { ومنهم سابق بالخيرات } الشاهر سيفه.
I asked Zaid ibn Ali (a) about the verse "Then we inherited the book to those who we chosen out of our servants so from them is he who is oppressive towards himself and from them is who is in a middle course and from them is who races ahead in good deeds by permission of God, he said "The oppressive towards himself" he is from what is in the people and "the middle course one" is worshipper present and "from them is who he races ahead of all in good deeds" his illumination is his sword.
[قال: حدثنا. أ، ب] فرات [قال: حدثنا الحسين بن الحكم. ر] معنعناً:

عن غالب بن عثمان النهدي [عن أبي إسحاق السبيعي] قال: خرجت حاجاً فمررت بأبي جعفر عليه السلام فسألته عن هذه الآية: { ثم أورثنا الكتاب } إلى آخره قال: فقال لي محمد بن علي: ما يقول فيها قومك يا أبا إسحاق؟ - يعني أهل الكوفة -. قلت: يزعمون أنها نزلت فيهم. قال: فقال لي محمد بن علي: فما يحزنهم إذا كانوا في الجنة؟ قال: قلت: جعلت فداك فما الذي تقول أنت فيها؟ قال: يا أبا إسحاق هذه والله لنا خاصة أما [قوله. ر] { سابق بالخيرات } فعلي بن أبي طالب والحسن والحسين [عليهم السلام. أ، ر. والرضوان. ر] والشهيد منا أهل البيت، والظالم لنفسه الذي فيه ما في الناس وهو مغفورٌ له وأما المقتصد فصائم نهاره وقائم ليله. ثم قال: يا أبا إسحاق بنا يقيل الله عثرتكم وبنا يغفر الله ذنوبكم وبنا يقضى الله ديونكم وبنا يفك الله وثاق الذل من أعناقكم وبنا يختم و [بنا. ب] يفتح لابكم، ونحن كهفكم كأصحاب الكهف ونحن سفينتكم كسفينة نوح ونحن باب حطتكم كباب حطة بني إِسرائيل.
He said I had a need so I went to Abu Jafar (Imam Baqir) (a) so I asked him about this verse "Then we inherited the book... to end of the verse" so Mohamad son of Ali said to me, what do your people say regarding it O Father of Ishaq (Abu Ishaq)? - meaning the people of Kufa, I said: they think it's revealed regarding them, so he said: "Mohamad son of Ali said to me, what will cause them grief if they are in paradise?" he said "Oh Abu Ishaq, this I swear by God is for us especially as for his word "races ahead (of all) in good deeds" so it is Ali ibn Talib, and Hassan and Hussain (peace be upon them) and the witness from us Ahlulbayt, and the oppressive towards himself is in what is in the people and he is forgiven and for the one in the middle course so he is the fasts the days and risen in the night" oh Abu Ishaq, by us does God accept your tracks and by us does God forgive you your sins and by us does God decide (affairs) your world and by us does God release, and freed your neck from disgrace and by us does God seal and by us does he open for you and we are your cave like the people of the cave and we are your ship like Nuh's ship and we are your door for your sins like the door for forgiveness of children of Israel.

عن سلمان رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم في كلام ذكره في علي فذكر سلمان لعلي فقال: والله يا سلمان لقد حدثني بما أخبرك به ثم قال: يا علي والله لقد سمعت صوتاً من عند الرحمان لم يسمع يا علي مثله قط مما يذكرون من فضلك حتى لقد رأيت السماوات تمور بأهلها حتى أن الملائكة ليتطلبون إليّ من مخافة ما تجري [ب، أ: يجري] به السماوات من المور وهو قول الله عز ذكره { إن الله يمسك السماوات والأرض أن تزولا ولئن زالتا إن أمسكهما من أحد من بعده إنّه كان حليماً غفوراً } فما زالت إلا يومئذٍ تعظيماً لأمرك، حتى سمعت الملائكة صوتاً من عند الرحمان: اسكنوا [يا.أ] عبادي إن عبداً من عبيدي ألقيت عليه محبتي وأكرمته بطاعتي واصطفيته بكرامتي. فقالت الملائكة: { الحمد لله الذي أذهب عنّا الحزن } فمن أكرم على الله منك، والله إن محمداً [صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم. ر] وجميع أهل بيته [عليهم السلام. ر] لمشرفون متبشرون يباهون أهل السماء بفضلك يقول محمد: الحمد لله الذي أنجز لي [ر: أنجزني] وعده في أخي وصفيي وخالصتي من خلق الله والله ما قمت قدام ربي قط إلا بشرني بهذا الذي رأيت، وإنّ محمداً لفي الوسيلة على منبر من نور يقول: { ألحمد لله الذي أحلّنا دار المقامة من فضله لا يمسنا فيها نصب ولا يمسنا فيها لغوب }.

والله يا علي إنّ شيعتك ليؤذن لهم عليكم في الدخول في كل جمعة، وإنهم لينظرون إليكم من منازلهم يوم الجمعة كما ينظر أهل الدنيا إلى النجم في السماء، وإنكم لفي أعلى عليين في غرفة ليس فوقها درجة أحدٍ من خلقه والله [ب: خلق الله و] ما بلغها [ر: يلقاها] أحد غيركم.

ثم قال أمير المؤمنين: والله لأبارز الأرض الذي تسكن إليه والله لا تزال الأرض ثابتة ما كنت عليها فإذا لم يكن لله في خلقه حاجة رفعني الله إليه. والله لو فقدتموني لمارت بأهلها موراً [ر: مورة] لا يردهم إليها أبداً، الله الله أيها الناس إِياكم والنظر في أمر الله والسلام على المؤمنين [والحمد لله رب العالمين. أ، ب].

From salman (r) from the Nabi (s) there words about Ali (a) Salman reminded Ali (a) about so he said: I swear by God oh Salman I he told me what he told you then said: so he said "O Ali, I swear by God I had heard a voice from the Rahman (The Compassionate) that I had not heard the like of it a portion of what is reminded of your superiority till I saw the skies shake about with it's residents and saw the Angels seeking from me from fear of what flows from the skies from the affairs and God words mighty is his rememberance "Indeed God keeps the skies and earth from breaking apart and if breaks there is no one to stop it from breaking after him verily he is forbearing forgiving" so it has not broken in magnification to your authority till I heard the Angels voices from the Rahman "enter my servants" you are a servant from the servants I bestowed upon my love and honored him by your obedience and chosen by my honor, so the Angels said "All praise to God that took away sadness from us" so who is more honorable regarding God than you?" "I swear by God indeed Mohammad (s) and all his Ahlulbayt (a) all together are honored by an honor that makes all the people of the sky low (in comparison) by your superiority, Mohammad (s) says "The Praise is to God that gave me the promise with my brother and my choice and my specification from the creation of God and by God I did not stand by a creation that has portion of what I saw and for Mohammad belongs an intermediation from light "The praise belongs to God who made well are the place of permanence from his grace there will not touch us any hardship nor touch us any fatigue" I swear by God oh Ali your followers will be permitted to regarding you entrance every Friday and they will look towards you from their place on Friday just as the people of the world look at the stars in the sky, and you are in the highest of the Illiyin which in a place known which no one is higher then you fromt he creation of God and on one will it attain other then you (plural ie. Ahlulbayt). Then Amir of believers said: By God I will stabilize the earth with that which you seek tranquility and the earth would not cease from being stable as long as I am on it, so if there is no need of me with God's creation, God will raise me to towards himself and I swear by God if you had not came by me, an event would have passed to it's people a passing they would not be able to return it ever, Oh People upon you is the looking towards God's Authority/Affair and peace be upon the believers and all praise is to God Lord of the Worlds.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
An amazing hadith I found about the verse of Amana from Zaidi verses:

{ إِنَّا عَرَضْنَا ٱلأَمَانَةَ عَلَى ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلأَرْضِ وَٱلْجِبَالِ فَأبَيْنَ أَن يَحْمِلْنَهَا وَأَشْفَقْنَ مِنْهَا وَحَمَلَهَا ٱلإِنْسَانُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ ظَلُوماً جَهُولاً }

فرات [قال: حدثني. أ، ب] علي بن عتاب معنعناً:

عن فاطمة الزهراء [أ، ب: بنت محمد] عليها السلام قالت: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم: " لما عرج بي إلى السماء صرت إلى سدرة المنتهى { فكان قاب قوب قوسين أو أدنى } [9/ النجم] فأبصرته بقلبي ولم أره بعيني، فسمعت أذاناً مثنى مثنى وإقامة وتراً وتراً فسمعت منادياً ينادي: يا ملائكتي وسكان سماواتي وأرضي وحملة عرشي اشهدوا أني لا إله إلا أنا وحدي لا شريك لي، قالوا: شهدنا وأقررنا، قال: اشهدوا يا ملائكتي وسكان سماواتي وأرضي وحملة عرشي بأن [ر (خ ل): أن] محمداً عبدي ورسولي، قالوا: شهدنا وأقررنا، قال: اشهدوا يا ملائكتي وسكان سماواتي وأرضي وحملة عرشي بأن [ر: ان] علياً وليي وولي رسولي وولي المؤمنين بعد رسولي، قالوا: شهدنا وأقررنا. " قال: عباد بن صهيب قال: جعفر بن محمد قال أبو جعفر [عليهما السلام. ب، ر]: وكان ابن عباس رضي الله عنه: إذا ذكر [هذا الحديث. ر، ب] فقال!: إني لأجده في كتاب الله تعالى: { إنا عرضنا الأمانة على السماوات والأرض والجبال فأبين أن يحملنها وأشفقن منها وحملها الإنسان إنه كان ظلوماً جهولاً } قال: فقال ابن عباس [رضي الله عنه. ر]: والله ما استودعهم ديناراً ولا درهماً ولا كنزاً من كنوز الأرض ولكنه أوحى إلى السماوات والأرض والجبال من قبل أن يخلق آدم عليه [الصلاة و. أ، ر] السلام: إني مخلف فيك الذرية ذرية محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم فما أنت فاعلة بهم؟‍ إذا دعوك فأجيبيهم وإذا آووك فآويهم، وأوحى إلى الجبال إذا دعوك فأجيبيهم وأطيعي [ظ: وأطبقي] على عدوهم فأشفقن منها السماوات والأرض والجبال عما سأله الله من الطاعة فحملها بني [ر، أ: بنو] آدم فحملوها. قال عباد قال جعفر: والله ما وفوا بما حملوا [ب: حملهم] من طاعتهم.

From Fatima AlZahra (a) she said: the Messenger of God (s) when I ascended to the sky I went to the Sedratal Muntaha so I was two bows or closer still so I saw with my heart and I did not see with my eyes and I heard the Adan to prayers in pairs and the Iqama in in single single so I heard a caller called: O Angels and residents of my skies and earth and the carriers of the throne bear witness that there is no God but me one without partner for me, so they said: we bear witness and admit it Bear witness my Angels and residents of the my skies and my earth and the carriers of my throne that Mohammad is my servant/worshiper and Messenger, so they said: we bear witness and admit it. Angels and residents of my skies and earth and the carriers of the throne bear witness that Ali is my Wali and the Wali of my Messenger and the Wali of the believers after the Messenger, they said, we bear witness and admit it Abuaid son of Saheeb he said Jaffar son of Mohammad said Abu Jar (peace be upon them) said and Ibn Abbas (r) when he reminded of this hadith so he said: I find in the books of God the exalted "I entrusted the trust to the heavens and earth and mountains and they refused to carry and feared regarding it and man has carried it" I swear by God he did not entrust them a dinar nor a dirham nor a treasure from the treasures of the earth but rather he revealed to the skies and earth and mountains before he created Adam (a) I am making rulers in you offspring, offspring of Mohamad (s) so what will you do regarding them? If you are called by them so respond and if they seek shelter shelter them and God revealed to the mountains if they call you respond to them and obey then he put it regarding their enemies so the heavens and earth and mounts feared regarding it when God asked from obedience so the sons of Adam have carried it Ubaid said Jaffar (a) said: By God they have not carried what they were entrusted from obedience to them.

عن أبي جعفر محمد بن علي عليهما السلام أنه قال: أيها الناس ان أهل بيت نبيكم شرفهم الله بكرامته، وأعزهم بهداه واختصهم [أ: خصهم] لدينه، وفضلهم بعلمه، وأستحفظهم وأودعهم علمه [وأطلعهم. خ] على غيبه، عماد لدينه، شهداء عليه، وأوتاد في أرضه، [و. ب] قوام بأمره، [براهم. أ، ر] قبل خلقه أظله عن يمين عرشه، نجباء في علمه، اختارهم وانتجبهم وارتضاهم واصطفاهم، فجعلهم علماً لعباده وأدلاء لهم على صراطه، فهم الأئمة [و. أ، ب] الدعاة، والقادة الهداة، والقضاة الحكام، والنجوم الأعلام، والأسوة [ر: الاسرة] المتخيرة، والعترة المطهرة، والأمة الوسطى، والصراط الأعلم، والسبيل الأقوم، زينة النجباء، وورثة الأنبياء، وهم الرحم الموصولة، والكهف الحصين للمؤمنين، ونور أبصار المهتدين، وعصمة لمن لجأ إليهم، وأمن لمن استجار بهم [ر: إليهم]، ونجاة لمن تبعهم، يغتبط [ص: يغبط] من والاهم، ويهلك من عاداهم، ويفوز من تمسك بهم، والراغب عنهم مارق، واللام بهم لاحق، وهم الباب المبتلى به، من [ر، ب: ومن] أتاه نجا ومن أباه هوى، حطة لمن دخله، وحجة على من تركه، إلى الله يدعون، وبأمره يعملون، وبكتابه يحكمون، وبآياته يرشدون، فيهم نزلت رسالته، وعليهم هبطت ملائكته، وإليهم بعث [ب، ر: نفث] الروح الأمين فضلاً منه ورحمة، وآتاهم مالم يؤت أحداً من العالمين، فعندهم والحمد لله ما يلتمسون ويفتقر إليه ويحتاج [إليه. أ، ب] من العلم الشاق [خ: الشافي] والهدى من الضلالة والنور عند دخول الظلم، فهم الفروع الطيبة، والشجرة المباركة، ومعدن العلم، ومنتهى الحلم، وموضع الرسالة، ومختلف الملائكة، فهم أهل بيت الرحمة والبركة [الذين. أ، ب] أذهب الله عنهم الرجس وطهرهم تطهيراً.

This is found in regards to 33:33 in a Zaidi tafsir.

And Abu Jafar Mohamad son of Ali (a) so he said "O people, as for the Ahlulbayt of your Nabi, God has honored them with his grace, and has honored them with his guidance and has specified them for his religion and has made preferred them with his knowledge and has safeguarded them and has given them his knowledge and has exposed them to his hiddenness, the foundations of religion, witnesses regarding him, and his pegs on the earth, risers by his authority, before his creation they were at the right side of his throne, stars in his knowledge, he selected them and distinguished them and was pleased them and chosen them so he made them signs for his servants and directors for them upon his path so they are the leaders of the call, and the heads of guidance and executors of the judgments, and the stars and signs, and the foundations, the secrets, the selected, and the purified family (Itra) and the middle course (ummatan wustan), and the most knowledgeable path and the straightest path, the adornment of the stars, and the inheritors of the Prophets and they are the the connect mercy, and the cave that is fortress of believers, and the light of the sights of the guided, and protection for who takes refuge in them, and safety for who seeks their company, and saving for who follows them, rejoices whom gives them Welayah/befriends them, and perishes who is their enemy, and succeeds who holds on by them, and the who longs for them leaves (the dunya), the one who sticks them reaches, and they are the door the people are tested with, who comes to it, is saved, and who refuses, perishes, forgiveness for who enters and proof for who leaves it, to God do they call, and by his command do they act and by his book do they rule/judge, and by his signs they guide, regarding them was the message revealed, and on them did the Angels comes to and to them was risen the trusted spirit as a grace from him and mercy, and he gave them what has not given anyone of the world, so with them and praise to God for what they crave and they are needy towards him and want him from the knowledge of healing and guidance from misguidance, and light when entering darkness, they are the branch that is pure, and the blessed tree, and the center of knowledge, and peak of forbearance, and staying place of the message and place of landing of Angels, so they are the household of mercy and blessings those who he kept/removed uncleanness regarding them and purified them a purification.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The following is about 4:59

رات قال: حدثني جعفر بن محمد الفزاري معنعناً:

عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام عن قول الله [تعالى. ر]: { أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول وأولى الأمر منكم } قال: فأولى الأمر في هذه الآية هم آل محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم.

from Abu Jafar (Imam Baqir) (a) regarding the words of God "Obey God and obey the Messenger and those who hold the Authority from you" so the Ulil-Amr in this verse they are the family of Mohammad (s).

عن [عمي. أ، ر] الحسين أنه سأل [عن. أ، ر] جعفر بن محمد عليهما السلام [أ (خ ل): أبي جعفر عليه السلام] عن قول الله [تعالى. ر. أ: جلّ ذكره]: { أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول وأولى الأمر منكم } قال: أولى الفقه والعلم. قلنا: أخاص أم عام؟ قال: بل خاص لنا.

he asked Jafar ibn Mohammad (peace be upon both) and Abu Jafar (Imam Baqir) (a) about God's words the exalted and majestic his remembrance "Obey God and obey the Messenger and those who possess the Authority from you" so he said "The possessors of understanding and knowledge", we said: is it specific (to you ie. Ahlulbayt) or general? so he said "Nay, it is for us specifically".

عن أبي مريم قال: سألت [عن. ر، أ] جعفر بن محمد عليه السلام عن قول الله [تعالى. ر]: { أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول وأولى الأمر منكم } [أ] كانت طاعة علي [عليه السلام. ب] مفترضة [ب: مفروضة]؟ قال: كانت طاعة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم خاصة مفترضة لقول الله [تعالى. ر]{ من يطع الرسول فقد أطاع الله } [80/ النساء] وكانت طاعة علي بن أبي طالب [عليه السلام. ب، ر] [من. أ، ب] طاعة رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم.

I asked Jaffar son of Mohammad (a) about God's words "obey God and obey the Messenger and the Possessors of the Authority from you" it was that Ali's obedience was obligatory? he said: "the obedience to the Messenger of God (s) is specifically an obligation by God's words "who obeys the Messenger has obeyed God" and the obedience to Ali son of Abu Talib (a) the obedience to the Messenger of God (s).

فرات قال: حدثني عبيد بن كثير معنعناً:

عن [أبى. ر، أ] عبد الله بن جرير قال: سمعت [عن. ر] محمد بن عمر بن علي وسأله أبان بن تغلب عن قول الله [تعالى. ر]: { أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول وأولي الأمر منكم } قال: أمرا [ء] سرايا وكان أولهم علي [بن أبي طالب عليه السلام. ر] أو [ب: و] من أولهم.

عن أبي جعفر عليه السلام { وأولي الأمر منكم } قال: علي عليه السلام.

Abu Jafar (a) "The Ulil-Amr from you" he said "Ali (a)".

عن سلمان الفارسي رضي الله عنه [ر: رحمة الله عليه] قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم: " يا علي من برء عن ولايتك [ر، أ: بولايتك] فقد برء من [أ: عن] ولايتي، ومن برء من ولايتي [أ: بولايتي] فقد برء من [أ: عن] ولاية الله.

يا علي طاعتك طاعتي وطاعتي طاعة الله، فمن أطاعك [فقد.ب] أطاعني ومن أطاعني فقد أطاع الله، والذي بعثني بالحق [نبياً.ب] لحبنا أهل البيت أعزّ من الجوهر ومن الياقوت الأحمر ومن الزمرد، وقد أخذ الله ميثاق محبينا أهل البيت في أم الكتاب لا يزيد فيهم رجل ولا ينقص منهم رجل إلى يوم القيامة وهو قول الله [تعالى.ر،ب]: { يا أيها الذين آمنوا أطيعوا الله وأطيعوا الرسول وأولي الأمر منكم } فهو علي بن أبي طالب عليه السلام ".

From the Messenger of God "Oh Ali whoever is free from your Welayah so he is from my Welayah, and who is free from my Welayah is free from the Welayah of Allah. Oh Ali, obedience is obedience to me, and obedience to me is obedience to God so who obeys obeys me and who obeys me obeys God and by the one who raised me by the truth the love for us Ahlulbayt is honor....and God has taken a covenant of our love Ahlulbayt in the mother of the book no man can increase them nor decrease from a man until the day of judgment and it's God words "O you who believe, obey God and obey the Messenger and the Possessors of the Authority from you"