• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

youths charged as adults

Ðanisty

tcprowling said:
A major story here in Australia over the past couple of days is that of about a dozen youths who sexually assulted a disabled girl and made a DVD of the assult. They then sold the DVD for $6.00 a copy around their schools.
Story:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20645437-1702,00.html
Ok Now that some of these Youths have been arrested, my question is
should Youths arrested of such crimes be charged as adults?
I think it's fairly reasonable that they knew what they were doing. I think they should be charged as adults because their crime is adult in nature.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Without a doubt, a group who sexually assualts a diabled girl and then sells the footage deserves to be charged as an adult!

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
should Youths arrested of such crimes be charged as adults?
In my opinion, no. We don't fudge the line of adulthood for benefits on an individual basis, so neither should we for punishment. They are still legal minors, and deserve to be treated as such, for better or for worse.