• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your website sucks for one simple reason

Branches

No one of sound mind is going to tolerate a jumping text forum.

If you cant save a space for your bloated title card and intrusional spamvertisment, and force people to put up with jumping texts as these spaces are spawned seconds after they already begin reading, youve alienated any opinion worth hearing.

Spending all day on youtube, maybe that's why jumping texts don't annoy the unlearned.

Flame

Beware
Okay.

giphy.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If you cant save a space for your bloated title card and intrusional spamvertisment, and force people to put up with jumping texts as these spaces are spawned seconds after they already begin reading, youve alienated any opinion worth hearing.

Spending all day on youtube, maybe that's why jumping texts don't annoy the unlearned.
Did you come here to complain or to converse?
If the latter, then greetings!

If you stay, you'll get some free....
th

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Go to the bottom and click Default then choose default. There is less jumping.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Try Firefox. It has a "private browsing window"....no ads. :)

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

If you define this as "one simple reason," how would you define "one convoluted reason?"

stay​
ETA: Welcome to our sucky website. Hope you enjoy
here.
your​

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Jumping texts? Does your browser have epilepsy?
I know exactly what branches is talking about.
When I go to a page on RF, the website keeps trying to put an ad in the middle of the screen. The page jumps around in a very irritating way.
At least that's what happens on my phone. Sometimes, by the time the page stops jumping around I have gotten distracted by something else.
Tom

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I know exactly what branches is talking about.
When I go to a page on RF, the website keeps trying to put an ad in the middle of the screen. The page jumps around in a very irritating way.
At least that's what happens on my phone. Sometimes, by the time the page stops jumping around I have gotten distracted by something else.
Tom
Really? I use both a laptop and phone on here and never experienced that. I have even switched between browsers on occasion.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Really? I use both a laptop and phone on here and never experienced that. I have even switched between browsers on occasion.
:shrug:
99% of the time I use Chrome on an LG7 for RF.
It might not happen when I am using a PC or laptop, but you don't notice so much when stuff like that doesn't happen and you're on an unusual machine anyway.
I find the jumping around annoying. But less so than several of the members. :)
Tom

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
hmmm. The only times I experience jumping text is when my internet service slows to a crawl...I do not consider that to be a fault of the site or the browser, but of my ISP connection...using a verizon hotspot because we live in the sticks and our options are limited...and poor...and expensive...

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What you need to do is put springs on the bottom of your computer, then when the page starts jumping just push your computer up and down. It takes practice but if you time it right it makes it look like the page is standing still.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I used to get that problem on handheld devices, but not on a pc, until i took premium membership. Then like magic the jumping went away.

A site must make money to stay a site, web space is relatively cheap but not free. Making money either involves being paid by advertisers to place ads on the site (i believe this to be the cause of your jumping), or collecting directly off users via membership schemes. Usually sites will employ one or the other method of earning revenue. RF gives you a choice.