• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view of heaven

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Describe what the dream would be like. How would you feel? Can you imagine it?

The dream is just a dream, no matter how I describe it, what I call heaven is beyond the dream, its our true inner Being, our resting in the arms of Consciousness, our Oneness with the Source, or God if you like that abused word lol.

Unification

The dream is just a dream, no matter how I describe it, what I call heaven is beyond the dream, its our true inner Being, our resting in the arms of Consciousness, our Oneness with the Source, or God if you like that abused word lol.

I'm starting to love the words absolute and/or source.

Lol, do you think that there are any words that even come remotely close to the abuse of that word?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I'm starting to love the words absolute and/or source.

Lol, do you think that there are any words that even come remotely close to the abuse of that word?
Not really, for whatever words we use is not that which IS, words can be a good pointer, and that is only as far as they go, to that which is pointed to, can only be experienced by dropping all words and ideologies.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Didnt get the alert.

Em. Dont know what to call it. Maybe being home? I wish there were non poetic and metaphysical words to describe this. I used some but people think I was belittling their belief or experience. I was just translating it in laymans terms. Doesnt need to be special.

Anyway. Im not in my right state of mind. Carry on.

arthra

Baha'i
(1) How do you view heaven if or when you reach it?
(2) If you are meeting someone in heaven, how would you describe your future experience if you can imagine it?
(3) What would it be like to achieve full end of rebirth?

(1) For Baha'is "heaven" is nearness to God ... so it is more a condition than a location.

(2) It's possible I may "meet" someone in heaven ... We would presumably be on the same wave length... Time has little meaning in the spiritual worlds.

(3) Baha'is don't believe in re-incarnation... that the soul is "incarnated" or "re-incarnated".

"The spiritual world is so much greater than the physical that in comparison with it the physical world is non-existent."

(Abdu'l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 168)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
We have different definitions of what may be the same thing.
Words are ambiguous, and there maybe slight variances in our understanding them; yet with enough explanation, they should meet in the middle.
Buddhanature is the true self in which nivanna is when we are aware of it by whatever means we practice.
Buddhanature is to be Anattaa; there is no self...

The true self is being One with the source, i.e. Brahman, who sits within 0neness/Nirvana...

It is very similar to Advaita Vedanta; yet selfless, rather than full of self.

So as explaining Buddha's nature, like Yeshua's nature, Like Lao Tzu's nature is the steps to Heaven/Nirvana.
The goal is to be aware of our true nature (wisdom and full understanding of life) and live it.
We're in a realm of desires, where things are all corrupted, our goal is to remain selfless, leading a life of Oneness, helping others, and if we maintain this, we can finally ascend one day out of the Maya, and go home out of the cycle of rebirth.

Our true nature, is that we're individual sparks of the divine; yet we see ourselves as separate, that is why Buddha understood to remove the self/ego returns us to the natural way.
Self awareness (as the def. I used above?)
Yes...Imagine in a computer system, we've got 1s and 0s; now what if those were consciously aware, then the computer system would be dynamically evolving, like this reality we're within.
If it is self awareness/mind as in the result of when we see our true self, Id say spirits see it more than we do.
It depends where in the dimensions those spirits are...

From my NDE those at the bottom of the pyramid/Matrix are full of self...

Hell is consumed by those transfixed on their own self pity, sorrow, remorse, etc.... All forms of Ego...

As you ascend into Heaven/Nirvana/0nesss the less self there is....

Until enlightenment is achieved as such, that you come to the Core, and see that as the only self existing entity.

Another way to understand this, is we're only self aware code inside a computer system, God is the processor, without God there isn't anything anyways. :innocent:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Words are ambiguous, and there maybe slight variances in our understanding them; yet with enough explanation, they should meet in the middle.

Buddhanature is to be Anattaa; there is no self...

The true self is being One with the source, i.e. Brahman, who sits within 0neness/Nirvana...

It is very similar to Advaita Vedanta; yet selfless, rather than full of self.

So as explaining Buddha's nature, like Yeshua's nature, Like Lao Tzu's nature is the steps to Heaven/Nirvana.

We're in a realm of desires, where things are all corrupted, our goal is to remain selfless, leading a life of Oneness, helping others, and if we maintain this, we can finally ascend one day out of the Maya, and go home out of the cycle of rebirth.

Our true nature, is that we're individual sparks of the divine; yet we see ourselves as separate, that is why Buddha understood to remove the self/ego returns us to the natural way.

Yes...Imagine in a computer system, we've got 1s and 0s; now what if those were consciously aware, then the computer system would be dynamically evolving, like this reality we're within.

It depends where in the dimensions those spirits are...

From my NDE those at the bottom of the pyramid/Matrix are full of self...

Hell is consumed by those transfixed on their own self pity, sorrow, remorse, etc.... All forms of Ego...

As you ascend into Heaven/Nirvana/0nesss the less self there is....

Until enlightenment is achieved as such, that you come to the Core, and see that as the only self existing entity.

Another way to understand this, is we're only self aware code inside a computer system, God is the processor, without God there isn't anything anyways. :innocent:

Im sorry, you using too many, I cant think of the term, new age words to make simple points. I understans it from my perspective, practice, and study. I just cant through yours.

To keep simple and in english, I just say Buddhanature is our true nature. Who we are before all this mess delutes us. Wer are not aware (the definitional word) of it.

To be aware of our true nature (the wisdom and full understand as said in the Lotus and other sutras), we have different practices (varied by school). When we reach full understanding, we reach enlightenment.

So steps/path/method to nivanna vary by school. Steps meaning practice.

"We're in a realm of desires, where things are all corrupted, our goal is to remain selfless, leading a life of Oneness, helping others, and if we maintain this, we can finally ascend one day out of the Maya, and go home out of the cycle of rebirth."

Simple translation? We are currupted and we need to keep aware of our true nature. This will lead to enlightenment. We'll finally get out of this world and understand fully the nature of life.

The Buddha doesnt mention "the divine". Jesus focus was union with God. Buddha's focus was clarity of mind. They had the same goal, relieve suffering. I dont see how you can translate the words from Jesus to that of the Buddha. The first is outside in. The latter, inside out. I guess if it works for you and your understand, thats cool.

Spirits are not in dimensions. No realms. No other world. Just on earth where they passed helping loved ones until they are said to and ready to leave. Those terms sound like science fiction.

How do you personally define god? Entity? Spirit? Jesus? Source of nivanna/oneness?

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
What would this relarionship with god he like compared to the one you have now? Would you have a body to experience this unconditional love? What would you think you would personally experience (rather than only what people in the bible experienced and say) if you "too" where to share it lile biblical authors?

Hi Carlita.

Being a christian I can only go by what the bible says*. Personally I would consider almost any type of 'healthy' eternal afterlife heaven! Also I do not remember saying we would receive unconditional love, if I did it was a typo! You also asked ; " What would this relarionship with god he like compared to the one you have now? Would you have a body to experience this unconditional love? Yes the bible is very clear that we will have a body but it will be a body free of disease pain and ailments. According to the bible the entire universe will be changed (made new as well as other things) the seas will be eliminated, and the bible hints there will be new natural laws. We will still recognize our bodies and our world which makes sense to me. I understand the bible to say the universe will be changed but only enough to eliminate 'entropy'. See Revelation 21:1 > Jerusalem will be changed the most and will be a spectacular sight to say the least!

What would you think you would personally experience (rather than only what people in the bible experienced and say) if you "too" where to share it lile biblical authors?

The bible is kind of quite about that! I would hope that as eternal beings with human like bodies maybe we would be like angels and visit other worlds that are intent on killing themselves. I think I could find enough to keep me busy for the first billion years or so....apparently ....oops better not go there! Thanks for the questions ....

MrMrdevincamus

Heaven is a place where you get white wings for flying around, a golden harp (presumably with harp playing lessons) and a fluffy cloud to sit on. There are big golden gates where St. Peter sits to make sure no Jews or atheists get in. Every day you get as many pizzaburgers for lunch as you can eat, and everyone is fit and healthy without having to exercise.

Jews will be in heaven read the bible~! Ha, ha, lol! Of course there is hot debate about how etc that will happen. Jesus is there and he is a Jewish..but...Atheists ? They most likely will not be in heaven because they say heaven God etc doesn't exist. Since a burning hell doesn't exist for humans will be visiting Sheol for eternity according to my understanding of the bible. I suggest anyone that is really curious to read the bible for themselves. The bible was meant to be read by you! Its one of many tools to enhance communion between you and God. I think its wrong to get ALL our bible learning from a priest or preacher reading. Even if we are lucky enough to get a preacher that isn't racist , biased or kinked up for whatever reason we we should use a preacher or expert for parts of the bible we can not understand. And church. Church is a good thing, but its meant to be a fun place more like a rainbow gathering or biker or party** to honor and give thanks to God/Jesus Christ. Jesus said when two or more gather in my name its church.

** Part within reason, ha ha ~

God bless this forum and its members, at least those that will accept it ~

Last edited:

MrMrdevincamus

What is the point of all of this?

Is then Universe nothing but a swirling ball of Chaos and junk?

Is the meaning of life a purely subjective construct?

Is reality NOTHING MORE THAN YOU THINK IT IS?

The answer to this question, and all other questions is:

YES!!

If your reality is all that whatever works for you eh? If it makes you happy its ok with me!

My reality and my universe is different. In the center of my universe millions of light years away there lies an voracious angry supermassive black hole. Any matter that is pulled into the black hole, stars planets entire solar systems are devoured by the processes of Chaos and anarchy. Entire galaxies are forced to dance with gravity so powerful that even light can't escape its bonds. However in this dance gravity controls Chaos and anarchy raging in the center our milky way to form a beatiful spiral arm galaxy. Its there where our race lives, in the quite suburbs far away from the deadly center.....Tango anyone?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hi Carlita.

Being a christian I can only go by what the bible says*. Personally I would consider almost any type of 'healthy' eternal afterlife heaven! Also I do not remember saying we would receive unconditional love, if I did it was a typo! You also asked ; " What would this relarionship with god he like compared to the one you have now? Would you have a body to experience this unconditional love? Yes the bible is very clear that we will have a body but it will be a body free of disease pain and ailments. According to the bible the entire universe will be changed (made new as well as other things) the seas will be eliminated, and the bible hints there will be new natural laws. We will still recognize our bodies and our world which makes sense to me. I understand the bible to say the universe will be changed but only enough to eliminate 'entropy'. See Revelation 21:1 > Jerusalem will be changed the most and will be a spectacular sight to say the least!

The bible is kind of quite about that! I would hope that as eternal beings with human like bodies maybe we would be like angels and visit other worlds that are intent on killing themselves. I think I could find enough to keep me busy for the first billion years or so....apparently ....oops better not go there! Thanks for the questions ....

I respect your view and thank you. I honestly cant understand how your view is the same of scripture. That is like my saying I am The Buddha and Sariputra because I follow their teachings and example. Even though we are one in mind, as the sutras (scriptures) says, we are not each other. So our Buddha mind is universal but our ways of expressing it is unique to each person.

I would assume that a christian today's expression would be unique to that of Peter and Moses. If it isnt, I am at a lost. If it is, I havent seen it. :(

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The Buddha doesnt mention "the divine".
The Buddha speaks about Universal Mind, which is the same place been referring to as being the mind of God....

It is the same within the video from DR Michio Kaku, 'where the mind of God is like cosmic music, resonating throughout 11 dimensional hyperspace.'
How do you personally define god? Source of nivanna/oneness?
Heaven is the singularity (0neness) in the center of all consciousness; the place that manifest this physical reality. God is the CPU and heaven is the RAM; we are in the hard-drives somewhere. :innocent:
Spirits are not in dimensions.
Reality consists of multiple dimensions. ;)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I gotta to tell you, you have interesting ways of explaining things.

Buddha, to put it simply, focused on full understanding of life and death, cause and affect, and reaching nivanna which is perfect understanding of the nature of life. In the Lotus it seemed like he was talking to his audience that he haw grown older and ready to pbysically die but his Law will live on through countless Buddbas and Bodhisttavas and various lay people so they come to be like the buddha: understansing uncertainty qnd rebirth.

Then again, maybe youre saying the same thing? I dont know.

God is the CPU and heaven is the RAM; we are in the hard-drives somewhere.

Dont know computer terms. I follow you in context.

EDIT

Your def. of heaven sounds interchangable with god

Heaven, for lack of a better universal word, is whatever you believe the a positive afterlife would be.

i.e. Nichiren Buddhists, we believe in rebirth. Perfect wisdom of causality. I also believe spirits exist after death. So, heaven would be my being an ancestor to help family. Heaven is on earth.

How do you view heaven if or when you reach it?
If you are meeting someone in heaven, how would you describe your future experience if you can imagine it?
What would it be like to achieve full end of rebirth?

Im not familar with other beliefs of heaven. Remember. I cant find a universal word, so think of it as a positive afterlife.[/QUOTE

. " "
I believe heaven is now. "The kingdom of heaven is within."Luke 17:21. I believe heaven rewards can increase and decrease and that its a place of no desire.

As far as an after life I believe thebwords of the Bible when it says we fall asleep. As in death is like sleeping. I used to believe in reincarnation but its demon philosophy. Just as the spirits walking around r
Heaven, for lack of a better universal word, is whatever you believe the a positive afterlife would be.

i.e. Nichiren Buddhists, we believe in rebirth. Perfect wisdom of causality. I also believe spirits exist after death. So, heaven would be my being an ancestor to help family. Heaven is on earth.

How do you view heaven if or when you reach it?
If you are meeting someone in heaven, how would you describe your future experience if you can imagine it?
What would it be like to achieve full end of rebirth?

Im not familar with other beliefs of heaven. Remember. I cant find a universal word, so think of it as a positive afterlife.
I believe heaven is inside you. "Luke 17:21 We can have heaven now. It is a state of having no desire or wants.

As far as the afterlife goes I believe we just go to sleep like the Bible says. I used to believe in reincarnation and even used the Bible to support Edgar Cayce and Paul Solomon. Now I know reincarnation.is demon philosophy just as spirits walking around in white or as shadow people are demons. Also hypnosis is demonic.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I can't answer those specific questions, but generally speaking, heaven in Islam is described as what's never been seen, heard of or come to be thought of by a human. Heaven in Islam is eternal while hell is not necessarily so.

There are descriptions of heaven in the Quran such as:

Quran 4:57
Those who believe and do righteous deeds - We will admit them to gardens from which beneath rivers flow, wherein they eternally live. For them therein are purified spouses, and We will admit them to wide spread shade. (it does not discriminate genders here)

Quran 88:8-16
Faces, that Day, will show pleasure - With their effort they are satisfied - In an elevated garden - Wherein they will hear no inappropriate speech - Within it is a flowing spring - Within it are couches raised high - And cups put in place - And cushions lined up - And carpets spread around.

Quran 32:17
And no soul knows what has been hidden for them of comfort for eyes as reward for what they used to do. (this verse uses a "those whom they love" in an Arabic terminology. Perhaps it means even non believing loved ones are included?)

Quran 43:71
Circulated among them will be plates and vessels of gold. And therein is whatever the souls desire and delights the eyes, and you will live therein eternally.

I hope this is, or part of, the answer you are looking for.