• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Username or Your Avatar

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
I change my avatar regularly so it would be my username, mainly because it's a pain. You lose all your history and you have to notify your friends of the change. I am not particular about my username otherwise.

I didn't even know all that about losing your history. That would be a great pain.

Jedster

I am polymath257 in as many places as it is allowed. Fallback handles are polymath17 and polymath65537 (extra points for why those are special).

The avatar is expendable.

Well, they are all prime numbers which are basis of all integers.
So are very special.

Do I get any points?

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Neither is important to me, as I could have chosen many for either, but the avatar perhaps indicates my feelings about humans in general (but not in particular), in that we should recognise where we came from and how we should treat all other life - hence the outraged/shocked expression.

I would get a completely different understanding from that Avatar. In my mind I always thought it represented cute and funny. Now that you explained it to me it comes across very symbolic.

Jedster

We have a winner. The only known primes that are 1 more than a power of 2 are:

2, 3, 5, 17, 257, and 65537

They are also related to constructibility of polygons. They are called Fermat primes.
I see I posted too soon.
But do I at least get a point for noticing primes?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I would get a completely different understanding from that Avatar. In my mind I always thought it represented cute and funny. Now that you explained it to me it comes across very symbolic.

Well I suppose it was appropriate for a religious forum where many do tend to place humans on a different level to all other life (often negating evolution), and where I obviously see how this might be even without any religious input, but I do find it rather detrimental to all other life on Earth and for our future development.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Well I suppose it was appropriate for a religious forum where many do tend to place humans on a different level to all other life (often negating evolution), and where I obviously see how this might be even without any religious input, but I do find it rather detrimental to all other life on Earth and for our future development.

Yeah, it is very appropriate. I do find humanities general superiority complex over other life to be a problem.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Which is more important to you? Your username or your avatar? If you had to make a choice to change just one, which one would you choose to change? Why?

I would change my avatar, which I do anyway. My username is important to me... the Hindi pronunciation of Jaya Nārāyaṇa, “Glory to God”.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
That's very close. What is it about exactly those particular numbers that are one more than a power of 2? For example, 33 and 65 do not share this property.

My favorite number is 343, for a couple of reasons... (that I discovered on my own)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Your horse looks like British tv/radio presenter Pat Sharpe

c25d909cad2e5b9c6b0a39f0c78a4dd4.jpg
52014.jpg

Pat Sharpe dreams of having hair that good :)

Flame

Beware
I usually use Flame or some variant of it on whatever site I'm on. My profile pic I can change on a whim. :D