• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Username or Your Avatar

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Which is more important to you? Your username or your avatar? If you had to make a choice to change just one, which one would you choose to change? Why?

For me, it would be my avatar*. I'm much more attached to my username due to its uniquity and personal meaning. While the English version might be common, one would be hard pressed to find another 'SalixIncendium' on teh interwebz (or anywhere else for that matter).

*I did try to change my avatar once. One of the moderators objected. So I changed it back. But that moderator gets to change theirs to whatever they want despite my objections, even if their avatar leaves me paralyzed with fear. :eek::cry:

I'd say my avatar. I've had unveiledartist for a long while. At the time I considered myself an artist and I guess the mysteriousness of it brought me to the name (or a variation that would be accepted.)

The avatar you see is of two men black and white in their 80s and married. The white man is holding the black man's hand as the latter dies in his hospital bed. The song is called Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan. The color of skin of the two men, as they being gay, being with each other till death, aged, and married made a strong point that these traits are not near the point: Love is love.

There are other songs but that one stuck out the most.

Last edited:

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Yours is creepy. I get away from all the clowns in Indiana (@Revoltingest knows of what I speak), move away from them. And then we get married, but you waited until after were married to tell me you're a clown? Are you even a mod? Are you really English? Has that really been tea you've been sharing with me?:flushed:
You know I'm British because I am self-evidently a master at conquest through deception.

Eyes to See

I agree with SomeRandom. I am not attached to either my handle or avatar. The avatar has meaning for me as my kid's GANcube. It's like a Rubik's Cube. He could solve it from any random position in 30secs. Pretty impressive. He and some of his classmates were into it back before he graduated. We were out walking on the beach one day and he was showing off his skill to some people and impressing them all and I said, hey put it on that rock let me take a pic of it by the ocean. haha.

The handle well, Jesus said for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear listen to what the spirit has to say. Insinuating, not insultingly, some may take it that way, but just stating that not all have the eyes and ears to hear what the spirit speaks. I encourage all to ready their hearts to be able to see and hear what it says though. It means their life. And it means mine.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I haven't changed my username here, but I've changed my avatar a few times. Maybe I'll paint another one and change it out.

How's this?

FSMtrident.png

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd change my username. My avatar has meaning for me. My username is something I just pulled out of my butt when I joined and thought Id only be here a cpl months.

Incidentally my name has nothing to do with Family Guy, I'd never even seen the show at that point. So when people started posting "gigity gigity" at me I was like, "Man, what a weird place". :D

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see what's so special about always allowing one more into your power of 2. Seems quite indiscreet, to me.

That's very close. What is it about exactly those particular numbers that are one more than a power of 2? For example, 33 and 65 do not share this property.