• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Username or Your Avatar

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I remember you've changed your avatar a few times since I've been here. Always Willie but you have had the decency to change your sporran now and again.
I've settled on this'n cuz he looks respectable, but suspicious without hostility.
And being artsy is so not me, but I like the painting style.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hate coming up with names, and its so hard. My avatar needs updated because my natural hair color is now showing way more than it was a year ago when I took the picture that is my avatar.
So, the choice is clear. Avatar it is. Eventualy.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I could use a better avatar... I've gone through all the robocops and now I'm on the second round.

One could always afford to show a hint of one's "true nature". ;)

latest

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hate coming up with names, and its so hard. My avatar needs updated because my natural hair color is now showing way more than it was a year ago when I took the picture that is my avatar.
So, the choice is clear. Avatar it is. Eventualy.
I like so many names.
What if you became.....
Annoyingest
I really like that one.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Seeking wisdom, buried in the snow is my avatar.

Osgart is a made up name with very little personal attachment. I'm not even Scottish. I'm twice Italian, quarter Irish, quarter German, some Dutch. I don't even rely on booze.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Which is more important to you? Your username or your avatar? If you had to make a choice to change just one, which one would you choose to change? Why?

For me, it would be my avatar*. I'm much more attached to my username due to its uniquity and personal meaning. While the English version might be common, one would be hard pressed to find another 'SalixIncendium' on teh interwebz (or anywhere else for that matter).

*I did try to change my avatar once. One of the moderators objected. So I changed it back. But that moderator gets to change theirs to whatever they want despite my objections, even if their avatar leaves me paralyzed with fear. :eek::cry:
My name... have no idea why I put that "S" in it

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yours is creepy. I get away from all the clowns in Indiana (@Revoltingest knows of what I speak), move away from them. And then we get married, but you waited until after were married to tell me you're a clown? Are you even a mod? Are you really English? Has that really been tea you've been sharing with me?:flushed:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yours is creepy. I get away from all the clowns in Indiana (@Revoltingest knows of what I speak), move away from them. And then we get married, but you waited until after were married to tell me you're a clown? Are you even a mod? Are you really English? Has that really been tea you've been sharing with me?:flushed:
I thought her avatar was a baby at first before clicking on it. It still looks like a baby when it's small. I'm on a phone, by the way, but even having a screen over 6 inches doesn't seem to help.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
My avatar is very important to me. It's a painting, but it is me -- and I am looking at you. When I write something, you can dart your eyes up-left and see me. On a forum such as this, that seems to me a kind of connection.

My username is kind of a made-up thing, and I'd be happy enough just to call myself "Old Toronto Guy" if anybody thought that would be more meaningful. But so long as nobody objects, I think I'll continue to be called the "bringer of good news of humanism." Which is what Evangelicalhumanist means, for those who can do the Greek.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I am polymath257 in as many places as it is allowed. Fallback handles are polymath17 and polymath65537 (extra points for why those are special).

The avatar is expendable.
I don't see what's so special about always allowing one more into your power of 2. Seems quite indiscreet, to me.