• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your time to die

cardero

Citizen Mod
madhatter85 writes: So killing people is wrong, no matter what, because you are stopping people from fulfilling their promises.
What if one’s promises are all fulfilled? What if one of the opportunities to fulfill a promise has escaped a purposeful entity? What if one needed a quick, timely exit from this physical existence but could not be on location for the next Natural disaster or was not eligible for certain diseases? What if one has previously made the promise to their murderer to assist them in leaving this physical existence at a certain moment in their physical existence?

One of the most important things to remember about death is that there is no right or wrong in the way that someone passes.

“Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.”
-- Richard Bach

madhatter85

Transhumanist
It's not your place to judge when a person's responsibilities are fulfilled, it's only God's place to judge.

Killing people is wrong according tot he Ten commandments and that's one that's not hard to follow so I'll just stick to NOT killing people

cardero

Citizen Mod
Madhatter85 writes: It's not your place to judge when a person's responsibilities are fulfilled, it's only God's place to judge.
I couldn’t begin to fully comprehend a person’s purpose in life or be able to identify when such a purpose has been fulfilled but in post #37 you have made a very bold judgment in saying that you know and understand the promises that everyone makes in their life and that you know that these promises are “cut short” or have gone unfulfilled through murder. I would be very interested in knowing how you could have gotten to know the intentions and the purposes of everyone who has been murdered so intimately to make such a bold claim.

Madhatter85 writes: Killing people is wrong according tot he Ten commandments and that's one that's not hard to follow so I'll just stick to NOT killing people

Deuteronomy 20:4 For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself;

Yes, the Ten Commandments seems to be very cut (black) and dry (white) in regards to killing.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
The scriptures ahve never supported Pacifism, If it comes down to you or him dying, It is self defense. he said at the end "...to save you" because if they don't take up arms against thier asailants they would be surely destroyed.

cardero

Citizen Mod
The scriptures ahve never supported Pacifism, If it comes down to you or him dying, It is self defense. he said at the end "...to save you" because if they don't take up arms against thier asailants they would be surely destroyed.
I think you are missing the point. You say that according to the scriptures that God proclaims that killing is wrong yet I have pointed out to you that not only does this Supreme BEing not mind killing but that this diety also does not mind ordering others to do this killing for Him.