• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your three favorite industrial albums

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Simple thread, as the title goes, what are your 3 favorite industrial albums?
extra fun: include a short explanation why that is that case. You can include a symbolic song from each album.

1. Ministry: The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste. While their album 'The Land of Rape and Honey' is perhaps their most classical, in The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste they took things a step further. While 'Thieves' must be the most adrenaline pumping track ever, this album in its totality optimizes everything that is kick *** about industrial music. It's smart, aggressive, got amazing beat, and considering all the supposedly incompatible sound components of the music it is beautifully flowing.

2. NIN: The Downward Spiral. Out of all of Reznor's brilliant albums this one always stayed with me as the Classic NIN. Some other albums stress the incredible range of sound that Reznor can develop, including the electronic aspects, however The Downward Spiral simply remains the most powerful lyrically and instrumentally.

3. KMFDM: Angst. I love the rock feel of this one, the great riffs on songs like 'Light' that stand on their own even when absorbed in the kick *** electronic beats.

Here's 'Light' by KMFDM and 'Thieves' by Ministry. I didn't include any song from The Downward Spiral, because go buy the ******* album and listen to all of it!

[youtube]hVgBp5Yu7_w[/youtube]
KMFDM - Light. - YouTube

[youtube]dLCZhQX_Fm0[/youtube]
Ministry - Thieves - YouTube

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Awww...this hasn't gotten any replies until now. =/

Do I only get to choose three? This is soooo difficult, seeing as how Industrial is my favourite Genre.

Okay, I'll try.

1. Deathstars - Night Electric Night.

It took me a while to get into Deathstars, as I first saw them as a Metal parody band and it was difficult for me to take them seriously. The baritone vocals only added to that. After a week or so, the album just grew on me and it ended up as one of my favourite Industrial albums I own.

2. Rammstein - Sehnsucht

First, I was blown away by the album cover. I had already heard 'Du Hast', it was very popular, but I just loved the rest of the album. I am onto my 4th copy of that album since I owned it, having already totally worn out the other three. Classic album, classic Rammstein.

3. Fear Factory - Obsolete

I bought the album for the song 'Cars' and stayed for the whole album. I love the mix of Industrial and Dark Wave the best and I recall Gary Numan and Tubeway Army from my teens.

*I also like KMFDM (Stray Bullet is my favourite song) and I cannot go past artists like Combichrist and Frontline Assembly either...but I was limited to three, so I just chose some of my old classics for this exercise.

[youtube]CWUmw2ITaFA[/youtube]
DEATHSTARS - Death Dies Hard - YouTube

[youtube]PytIU7x2uJ8[/youtube]
Rammstein - Du Hast (Official Music Video) - Full HD - YouTube

[youtube]CDcMcBIQ2IM[/youtube]
Gary Numan - Fear Factory - Cars - YouTube

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The following are probably my three favorite industrial bands. It's difficult to limit it to one album by each, but I would probably list my three favorite as follows:

Ministry - Twitch
Nitzer Ebb - Showtime
Skinny Puppy - Rabies

From Twitch:
[youtube]XENb8ry_q_w[/youtube]

From Showtime:
[youtube]9Ag7CIZBjDk[/youtube]

From Rabies:
[youtube]sDEhCm0pxCo[/youtube]

I haven't listed anything by Trent Reznor, because I consider him in a class of his own, separate from any specific genre, and far superior in almost every way to most music of the past 30 years.

Other favorite industrial bands: Frontline Assembly, Front 242, The Young Gods, VNV Nation, and Red Flag. I'm also more of an industrial purist, more into electro-industrial, rather than industrial music featuring heavy guitar and other metal elements.