• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Namaste,

I know this is staged, but it brings up an intriguing concern. What are the thoughts regarding female on male violence? Do many believe that it is non-existent (like how many can't grasp the notion that a female can rape a male)? I am too ignorant about these types of things because I have had a very protected upbringing. So, please enlighten me with what the general consensus is, por favor.

[youtube]aXE6ZWht0sc[/youtube]
Girl beats up a defenseless boy in the back room. (Anti Violence Commercial) - YouTube

M.V.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sure some research institution has done a survey on public perception of violence, including sex-based factors. There's quite a body of peer reviewed literature on the topic, but it's not exactly my area nor do I have access to these resources as I once did. I'll default to them rather than speculate on what the correlations are. For those of you with access, this one looks like a good one to check out:

Myths about male rape: A literature review said:
Rape myths are one way in which sexual violence has been sustained and justified through history and modern times. However, there has been a dearth of scholarship about rape myths concerning male victims. This paper reviews the historical origins, development, and current manifestations of male rape myths prevalent in Western society. Specifically, we review male rape myths and their origins in the areas of medicine, law, media, the military, and incarcerated settings. The paper also delineates possible means for eradicating male rape myths at the individual, institutional, and societal levels. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2012 APA, all rights reserved)

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I'm sure some research institution has done a survey on public perception of violence, including sex-based factors. There's quite a body of peer reviewed literature on the topic, but it's not exactly my area nor do I have access to these resources as I once did. I'll default to them rather than speculate on what the correlations are. For those of you with access, this one looks like a good one to check out:

Namaste,

Thank you for that link so much! I appreciate it a lot!

M.V.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I do not believe its any where near the level of the same ocurrence let alone on the same level of violence.

Doesn't mean it never happens and thanks for a fake video of it.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it possible that female on male violence is grossly under reported in domestic relationships, M.V. Men seem to be very reluctant to speak about being whaled on by women. And too, depending on how you define violence, there seems to me some indication there's a lot of women throwing plates, pots, and pans at their significant others now and then.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I think it possible that female on male violence is grossly under reported in domestic relationships, M.V. Men seem to be very reluctant to speak about being whaled on by women. And too, depending on how you define violence, there seems to me some indication there's a lot of women throwing plates, pots, and pans at their significant others now and then.

Namaste,

Thank you for a thoughtful and helpful answer. I appreciate that.

Yes, many of us men are chained by our exuberant pride. Oh, the insanity! :sad4:

M.V.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I believe that female on male violence does indeed occur. There is another twist, though. My husband tells me he was raised never to raise his hand to a female. A lot of men were taught this. Some men could be attacked by a woman and be strong enough to fight her back but won't do it because of what they were taught about not hitting women.
That and what Sunstone said- men who don't report it for various reasons.

Kerr

मैत्रावरुणिः;3438875 said:
Namaste,

I know this is staged, but it brings up an intriguing concern. What are the thoughts regarding female on male violence? Do many believe that it is non-existent (like how many can't grasp the notion that a female can rape a male)? I am too ignorant about these types of things because I have had a very protected upbringing. So, please enlighten me with what the general consensus is, por favor.

[youtube]aXE6ZWht0sc[/youtube]
Girl beats up a defenseless boy in the back room. (Anti Violence Commercial) - YouTube

M.V.
If we are talking about prejudices, the man beats the girl and not the other way around. If we are talking about reality, on the other hand... lets just say I train martial arts and I have seen women bring down men larger then themselves. Not sure how common it is outside of the martial arts context, but I am sure its more common then we think.

MrOmega

Yeah, sex among females is often used as a weapon.

Reminds me of a one night drunken fling as a definitive dividing wedge between me an another.

I was disinterested and honestly it was nothing. However afterwards I was told by someone who I now forget that she came onto me because she was exacting revenge.

So... Sure... that's where things probably step into the spiritual realm rather than the legal realm.

OP... your video is staged btw...

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Women beating up men or assaulting men is not uncommon, just not reported as much due to shame and embarassement from the male.