• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Thoughts on the 5 ft tall man raging in the Bagel Shop

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Apparently, the incident started because people in the store were making fun of him about his height.
I saw not even a hint of that in the video. In fact a woman said 'no one here said that'. He then had to blame it on 'women in general' not anyone in the store.

My take: He's obviously been hurt by the tiny percentage of people that can be cruel and he's not dealing with it maturely. It's called 'misplaced anger' at a bagel shop.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Another in your history of MRA posts. :rolleyes: If Danny DeVito (who is an inch or two shorter than that guy), Peter Dinklage and Warwick Davis (who are both dwarves) can all get married and have kids, so can that guy. No, he's just a misogynist trying to start fights. He's now agreed to a boxing match, too, so he just wants attention.
There are good MRAs, and then there are the incels. This guy is an incel.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I don't know , I bet Peter Dinklage would have to beat women off with a baseball bat. But then again, I guess it all depends upon if you're one of the beautiful people.

It's just a universal law of our species.

Anyways just to **** off the SJWs and PC crowd.....

Don't listen if you're a snowflake, you'll get offended and will probably hyperventilate..

You do realized that Randy Newman was targeting the stupidity of prejudice, don't you?

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
You’ve got to hand it to short people… They can’t reach for themselves.
I cannot tell if that was a fact statement, a pun or sarcasm, but this is not about short people. I am not even referring to those 2 videos. It is about human power games. Fishing for a weakness in another person and being mean or demoralizing them to foster ones own ego. It is the sad song of Kali Yuga (the era of degradation).

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
I cannot tell if that was a fact statement, a pun or sarcasm, but this is not about short people. I am not even referring to those 2 videos. It is about human power games. Fishing for a weakness in another person and bullying them to foster ones own ego. It is the sad song of Kali Yuga (the era of degradation).

Appreciate the little things... Give a short person a hug.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You do realized that Randy Newman was targeting the stupidity of prejudice, don't you?
Of course. I still remember when the song first came out on the radio.

Try to convince an sjw politically correct Millennial though. That's why it's so funny to **** these people off.

One thing I do agree with Frank though is I wouldn't entirely put past the idea that these videos oftentimes are purposely made for views, likes , click the Subscribe button all that b*******. The more outlandish, the better it seems. People will do anything for money especially the narcissistic and the psychopathic ones.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

The following is not justifying any angry outbursts seen in videos, but we have to face the sad truth.

It is pathetic and I am seriously worried for the next growing generation of kids.
People behave like 12 year old giggling girls. Like 5 yr olds too.
Yes, the mind games, the power games are all there.

There exist men who bully men
There exist women who bully women. Yes, They do. On various subtle levels, or they just mean enough to laugh on the face. They are just being 12. You just walk straight , mind your own business, and they make it a point to make it appear as if something is wrong just because they can get away with it.

This pervades all cultures worldwide, but seems worse in the more progressive parts of the world.
It could be complete strangers, or people in a peer group, community, even family!

It is not about "being able to "handle" others. It is serious. It causes suffocation of the soul.

The material world is a quick-sand. We have to get out of it. Fast.
Bullying isn't typically out in the open like this. Most bullies would prefer to take you behind the proverbial alley when nobody's looking, much less a camera rolling catching everything in the raw.

Twilight Hue

Appreciate the little things... Give a short person a hug.
And a bigger Spotlight on the make me famous stage.

Check this out and tell me if this is a traumatized guy.......

He's doing it because stuff like this often times goes viral, he gets millions of views and some fame to boot! Right where social media has really become quite a modern day gold rush. He's capitalizing on the American dream!

I kind of think the man's a genius.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
And a bigger Spotlight on the make me famous stage.

Check this out and tell me if this is a traumatized guy.......

He's doing it because stuff like this often times goes viral, he gets millions of views and some fame to boot! Right where social media has really become quite a modern day gold rush. He's capitalizing on the American dream!

I kind of think the man's a genius.
Good point. It's definitely possible that he's just a troll.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Which ones? Most MRAs just use it as a guise to hate feminism and be misogynists.
People who point out the possibility of false accusations, people who say that it's wrong for a woman to serve a shorter sentence than a man for committing similar crimes, people who call attention to the fact that it's men who make up the bulk of suicides and predominantly have mental health concerns which go unaddressed, people who point out that it's men who suffer most from homelessness, people who point out that women have many resources available in cases of domestic abuse or rape whereas men often lack the same kinds of resources (crisis shelters, etc.), people who dismiss cases of wives abusing their husbands, people who excuse, dismiss or are completely blind to women sexually harrassing men...

Good feminists are also men's rights activists, because men and women both deserve the same protections, resources and help.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
People who point out the possibility of false accusations, people who say that it's wrong for a woman to serve a shorter sentence than a man for committing similar crimes, people who call attention to the fact that it's men who make up the bulk of suicides and predominantly have mental health concerns which go unaddressed, people who point out that it's men who suffer most from homelessness, people who point out that women have many resources available in cases of domestic abuse or rape whereas men often lack the same kinds of resources (crisis shelters, etc.), people who dismiss cases of wives abusing their husbands, people who excuse, dismiss or are completely blind to women sexually harrassing men...

Good feminists are also men's rights activists, because men and women both deserve the same protections, resources and help.
Oh, I agree. There are good men's advocates and I whole-heartedly agree that those are all very serious issues that need to be addressed. I also don't think it's right to demonize men and masculinity, as you sometimes find in the extremist fringes of feminism. But the "MRAs" from the "manosphere" are vile people who just hate women. That's where this guy is getting his talking points from.

Twilight Hue

Good point. It's definitely possible that he's just a troll.
It's so commonplace now, that I just don't fall for stuff like this anymore. It looks like you don't fall for it either.

Social media is just full of people clawing and clamoring over each other to get famous and/or Rich using the internet. It seems the more outrageous, outlandish, and controversial, the better the payout.

The social media gold rush, you got to love it.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know , I bet Peter Dinklage would have to beat women off with a baseball bat. But then again, I guess it all depends upon if you're one of the beautiful people.

It's just a universal law of our species.

Anyways just to **** off the SJWs and PC crowd.....

Don't listen if you're a snowflake, you'll get offended and will probably hyperventilate..

I swear there was a Charlie Brown cameo in that vid near the end.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Of course. I still remember when the song first came out on the radio.

Try to convince an sjw politically correct Millennial though. That's why it's so funny to **** these people off.

One thing I do agree with Frank though is I wouldn't entirely put past the idea that these videos oftentimes are purposely made for views, likes , click the Subscribe button all that b*******. The more outlandish, the better it seems. People will do anything for money especially the narcissistic and the psychopathic ones.
If there's more than one video of someone involved in this sort of thing, you can be pretty sure it's for a purpose of some sort...

Rational Agnostic

Oh, I agree. There are good men's advocates and I whole-heartedly agree that those are all very serious issues that need to be addressed. I also don't think it's right to demonize men and masculinity, as you sometimes find in the extremist fringes of feminism. But the "MRAs" from the "manosphere" are vile people who just hate women. That's where this guy is getting his talking points from.

You think I"M getting "talking points" from the "manosphere?" I'm not. I disagree with them on many points. Most of them think it is OK for men to be promiscuous but wrong for women to do the same. This is of course idiotic and sexist. I don't agree with these guys, you don't know what you're talking about.

Rational Agnostic

Do you have any evidence of people telling him that? You're misrepresenting my words because I don't believe what he says in the first place. Did you bother to even look him up? He's done this a number of times. Sorry, but most people don't care if a guy is short. I see short guys all the time and no one comments. My height is below average, too. He's making it up, and just trying to start fights.

Ask yourself this. Would a guy act like that if he were NOT hurt or bullied? Possibly, but given the fact that he is extremely short, I think the logical conclusion is that he has been bullied.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You think I"M getting "talking points" from the "manosphere?" I'm not. I disagree with them on many points. Most of them think it is OK for men to be promiscuous but wrong for women to do the same. This is of course idiotic and sexist. I don't agree with these guys, you don't know what you're talking about.
I was referring to the guy in the video, not you.