• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your thoughts on Dr. Michael A. Aquino

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I got that from Aquino in one of my many dialogues with him at 600c(that is, before he started pretending to ignore me for calling out the ingredients he uses in his magic kool-aide).

A-queen-o is how it's pronounced.

He gets rather upset if you pronounce it otherwise.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I respect Setianism and am influenced by it to an extent. It's certainly a better system than LaVeyan Satanism, which is just a LaVey fan club now and quite laughable. But I don't understand the Set or Egyptian thing that much, either. I mean, I suppose I do on a certain level but Set just doesn't fit the bill when it comes to being Satan. But I can respect it.

DEVIL WORSHIP

jeff77

"Michael A. Aquino was the only member of the Church of Satan to attain the Second Level of the Fourth Degree (Magister Templi IV*-II') prior to 1975
Personally, I have a great respect for Michael Aquino, even though I do not agree with his beliefs or with his Setian philosophy. He has always seemed to me to be an honorable person who is sincere in his beliefs, and who has been prepared, under his own real name, to publicly stand up for his beliefs regardless of what others may think of him and regardless of whatever adverse publicity may result.

That sort of sincerity, honor, and commitment - over some fifty years - is to be admired. It is rare - if not unique - among latter-day 'satanists' and among modern followers of the LHP.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
For me, another admirable thing about Aquino and more specifically the Temple of Set is that it is not a cult of personality, it is not Aquino's temple it is known as Set's Temple on Earth. Besides Aquino, there have been four other High Priests of Set. I think the protocol now days is that each High Priest/ess can serve for only 9 years and is appointed by the Council of Nine.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

AnnaCzereda

jeff77 said:
He has always seemed to me to be an honorable person who is sincere in his beliefs, and who has been prepared, under his own real name, to publicly stand up for his beliefs regardless of what others may think of him and regardless of whatever adverse publicity may result.

Yeah and this is why he puts everybody who disagrees with him in the forum on his ignore list, because he's prepared to "publicly stand up for his beliefs regardless of what others may think of him and regardless of whatever adverse publicity may result." That sounds perfectly reasonable.

jeff77

Yeah and this is why he puts everybody who disagrees with him in the forum on his ignore list
Wrong, and pejorative.

He ignores certain individuals because by and large they've shown either that they're not interested in constructive, rational, discussion, or because they've been personally abusive in a quite juvenile way.

It's quite understandable why - after some forty or more years of making himself accessible - he now just cannot be bothered to respond to such juvenile shenanigans. For why should he, given that he has that rare commodity - gravitas. Dignity, manners, and respect, are qualities so often lacking in many of those who opine via the medium of the internet.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
But I don't understand the Set or Egyptian thing that much, either. I mean, I suppose I do on a certain level but Set just doesn't fit the bill when it comes to being Satan. But I can respect it.

Actually the Egyptian Set does fit the bill quite well when it comes to the machinations of the Prince of Darkness. Aside from being the god of war, winds, and storms (disruption of the Order of the Cosmos/Black Magic), he is also the god of darkness, the sky-by-night, and Set's name ultimately means Separator or Isolator - "Set Apart".

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Actually the Egyptian Set does fit the bill quite well when it comes to the machinations of the Prince of Darkness. Aside from being the god of war, winds, and storms (disruption of the Order of the Cosmos/Black Magic), he is also the god of darkness, the sky-by-night, and Set's name ultimately means Separator or Isolator - "Set Apart".

No, it's cool. I'm a fan of Set, actually. I even have a pendant and a shirt with Him on them. :D I just thought that that article I posted brings up some good points.

Wrong, and pejorative.

He ignores certain individuals because by and large they've shown either that they're not interested in constructive, rational, discussion, or because they've been personally abusive in a quite juvenile way.

It's quite understandable why - after some forty or more years of making himself accessible - he now just cannot be bothered to respond to such juvenile shenanigans. For why should he, given that he has that rare commodity - gravitas. Dignity, manners, and respect, are qualities so often lacking in many of those who opine via the medium of the internet.
Sincere? Really?

lol

An interpretation of Egyptian mythology that leaves actual historians in hysterics, pseudoscientific take on long debunked 'plasma cosmology', and a belief in a magical force of nature composed of raw disembodied consciousness/intelligence(that somehow looks like an aardvark despite being a disembodied principle) that either literally or metaphorically spoke to him(depends what day you ask him) to bestow upon him the mantle of grand poohbah of Satanism. Sounds legit.

If he is 'sincere' he is also schizophrenic. But he isn't. What he is is Pat Robertson with even less plausible rhetoric.

As to his use of his real name..why not? He spends a good deal of his time offering apologetics and trying to convince people his beliefs are harmless(and they are), a whitewashed thing that leaves about as much reason to stay under the radar as a boyscout leader.

I do see why you would respect the use of his real name in public though..since you also do. You are of the highland 77 clan right? ;)

I know I know..look at Anton Long..or is it Myatt. He uses his real name right? Where was that one article where he admitted to being long, or writing ona mss. It exists right?

Anyway, another lol 'cause one certainly isn't going to suffice.

AnnaCzereda

Adramelek said:
Come on SSE, what do you really think of Aquino? :confused:

Dan butted heads with Aquino many times as all the few people he has on his ignore list. All these discussions, from what I observed during my time on 600 Club and by reading the archives, were rational, constructive and quite civil. These were the discussions on arguments without personal attacks. Sure, the debates on 600 Club sometimes get hot like elsewhere, but the forum is moderated so you can't simply call someone names there without being punished.

You sign up for the forum to have discussions with people. Some might disagree with you and call you out on what they perceive as bull****. If you aren't ready for a discussion, then why sign up in the first place? It's not even Aquino's beliefs that are an issue, but his attempts at revisionist history; trying to convince everyone that Anton LaVey was a theist, that he believed in literal devil. That it's not true is obvious to anyone who read LaVey's works or listened to his interviews. M. Aquino likes projecting his beliefs on other people. Another issue are his repetitive complaints that atheistic Satanism is not serious Satanism because to be a serious Satanist you have to believe in real Satan.

Personally, I have nothing against him. I treat him like a chattering grandpa telling stories. Half of them are fictional and you know it but you say "bleh". This is my attitude, partly because I'm lazy. In order to have a debate with the guy I would have to read more about Setianism and I can't be bothered because I find it extremely boring.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Look Anna I have a certain amount of respect for yourself and SSE and others on this forum because of previous posts you all have submitted. I don't feel it is my place to defend Aquino even though I agree with some of his philosophy, as well as, other Setians. I am just curious as to what some may think of Aquino. Actually, I'm not sure I want to know what some of you current and ex-members of 600 Club might think of me, (not that I give a flying Obama), as I am a Setian, even though I am not currently a member of the Temple of Set (not really the organizational type right now). I imagine some of you might think I come with a lot of "baggage". :p

Last edited:

AnnaCzereda

Adramelek, I have no issues with people who have different beliefs. It's online douchebaggery that I find irritating. Fortunately, Aquino is civil and respectful. However, those who dispute with him raise some valid points. If someone disagrees with you and calls bull**** on some things you say, it shouldn't be regarded as a personal insult.

That being said, I'm rather indifferent to Aquino. I exchanged ideas with him perhaps twice or three times and it was only about Anton LaVey. Setianism is my weak spot. I know nearly nothing about it and I'm not really interested in it. If someone is into it, then it's fine with me. To each their own.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Dr. Aquino's wife Lilith. He didn't do too bad in the wife department. I've actually corresponded with her a few times, she's very cool.

lilith+2.jpg

AnnaCzereda

curiouscat13 said:
Compared to most who post on such forums - yourself included - he comes across as a dignified person who has never ever indulged in argumentum ad hominem.

And compared to you, Kerri Scott, because you've recently been indulging yourself in ad hominems and hostile personal attacks against me here and on your blogs. Anyone who reads our debates here will know that your manners are no more dignified than the manners of those Aquino keeps on his ignore list. Not to mention all these little **** storms you cause wherever you appear. The pot calling the kettle black.

Anyway, those photos of Lilith are really cool, especially that black and white one. There is some charm in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.