• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your ten rules for a new society.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Not to bring it down.But she is dying Monta..In my tiny world.I have small rules in a tiny world..One happens to be as long as I have control over it no dog is going to bark at her in her bed..Im priveleged (I admit) to even have to be concerned with a cat.But she is older than my yonugest child.

And I want her to be left alone..

HELLO!!

So thats one of my rules.

Love

Dallas

Not to bring it down.But she is dying Monta..In my tiny world.I have small rules in a tiny world..One happens to be as long as I have control over it no dog is going to bark at her in her bed..Im priveleged (I admit) to even have to be concerned with a cat.But she is older than my yonugest child.

And I want her to be left alone..

HELLO!!

So thats one of my rules.

Love

Dallas

Poor kitty, at least she has the mamma tiger to look watch out for her while she goes.

:hug:

Just_me_Mike

1. Signs all over the world would be put in place that state: "We need food, a place to sleep, and a place to use the bathroom."
  2. Everyone would go through my deprogramming school so that the mess of our governments washes away.
  3. Money would cease to exist.
  4. Everyone has the opportunity to help in anyway they see fit, to ensure everyone has RULE 1
  5. No one has to help to ensure everyone has RULE 1, and even they will still receive RULE 1, because kindness will compel them to help out eventually.
  6. Everything is to be made from recyclable materials, and those doing otherwise will face penalty.
  7. Everyone can worship what they want so long as it NEVER interferes with RULE 1 for anyone.
  8. Animals remain useful for humans, but severe ethics govern what can and can't be done with them.
  9. All food must be organic.
  10. Fighting of any kind is not allowed.

berrychrisc

Devotee of the Immaculata
1- Universal healthcare
2- Free public education through college/trade school
3- Mandatory military/civil service for two years after graduation
4- LGBT citizens would enjoy all the rights of heterosexuals
5- No guns
6- Religious organizations would lose their tax exempt status
7- Religious organizations would not be exempt from obeying any anti-discrimination laws
8- Repeal all tax breaks for corporations / businesses that do not relate directly to job growth
9- Liveable minimum wage
10- Ban corporations / businesses from political lobbying / contributions

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
1) All currency must be backed by items of inherent value
2) All decisions affecting society will be publicly discussed at a town hall meeting. All legal residents are welcome and will have a chance to speak.
3) Fighting words are called fighting words for a reason. If you use them, and a fight starts, remember that you started it.
4) A citizen may defend his property as he or she would defend their life.
5) A citizen may defend a neighbor's life or property as they would their own.
6) Law enforcement officers that cite or arrest folks found later to be not guilty will be charged with a crime themselves.
7) All able bodied citizens are expected to take part in a posse to right the wrongs within our society when appointed to do so by the appropriate public official. (Sheriff, constable, police chief, marshall, etc.)
8) A well regulated militia being necessary for a free society, an individual's right to bear arms shall not be infringed. (Adapted from the US Bill of Rights but reworded to fit any society, large or small.)
9) If you are caught driving drunk you can never purchase an alcoholic beverage again. ID's will be checked regardless of your age.
10) If you don't like the first nine rules, society will pitch in and buy you a bus ticket out of here. If you return you will be arrested for misappropriating public funds.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
These are not by any means listed in order of importance-

1. Order is important. Try to keep it.

2. Equality is just as important. It can only be achieved through Order.

3. Before you open your mouth, remember Order and Equality. If what your're about to say, or do, conflicts with either or both, I suggest you not.

4. All Faiths shall be equal, and equally ignored by all those in government. No exceptions. No laws shall be made, no prayers or blots shall be held, the purview of the Government is Governing, not religious services.

5. No law against any form of science shall be made unless someone in government has a relevant degree and knowledge of the subject. Period.

6. What you do with your money is of no interest to the government, so long as you pay your taxes honestly and completely. Failure to do so will be met with appropriate force.

7. No mercy shall be given to those who try to disrupt the Equality or Order of this society. They must be made example of.

8. There is one Race, the Human Race, all those who say differently exclude themselves from it. As in, absolutely. Remember this.

9. You may own whatever you wish to own, upto and including slaves so long as you respect their right to Equality. They are paying a debt to you, and the Government will keep records on that debt, and when it has been payed, you must release them. You must also feed, house, and otherwise cater to needs of this slave, and the work they do must not in any way be out of the ordinary. We will be watching.

10. Guns and weapons of all manner are legal. So long as you register them and pass the tests to own them.

And I have a few extra.

11. Before you are allowed to procreate, you must pass certain tests to prove you are both capable of supporting and providing for the child. If you do not, and have a child anyway, it will be taken from you, and your right to procreate shall be removed medically. No second chances. All those who have hereditary illnesses will be screened by the government. If it is deemed that their hereditary illness has high chance of being present in their children, they will have their ability to procreate taken from them for the betterment of society.

12. There is no organ donorship. Everyone is an organ donor. Period. Once you die, your body will be kept for a number of weeks, and should any need for any particular organ be found, it will be taken to save the life of another. Those who have been in comas for longer than ten years will become open to having their organs taken to save lives. The braindead as well. The rights of the living shall always supersede the rights of the dead.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Well, we are talking about people here.
It would likely be much much better to flat out state it.

Less confusion that way.

What's so confusing about just doing what I want? I mean, if people just pay attention to what I want, they won't be so concerned about what I'm doing..........

Ooooooh, I see what you're saying now.

Rules amended:

1) This is my society, so make me happy.
2) Do as I say, not as I do.
3) Refer to Rule #1 when needing motivation, and to Rule #2 when needing clarification on protocol.

There. Thanks Mestemia. I'd like you to be on my Advisory Panel. :D