• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Suffering

Moonjuice

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
I am kid of jealous. All that sounds good to me and it is certainly preferable to all the suffering I endure serving God.
I would love to do all that if I was not afraid of being alone, and I live in a state where there would be endless opportunities to get out into the wilderness. I am as fit as a fiddle, just as healthy as I was when younger. I'd be out there if only I did not have so many responsibilities at home and if only I had someone to travel with. :(
What suffering have you endured serving your god?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What suffering have you endured serving your god?
All the time I have had to sacrifice such that everything else in my life has gone to rack and ruin.
Other suffering I have endured listening so some atheists and some Christians on forums deride me and my beliefs.
Other suffering I have endured trying to love a God I don't even like.
Will it all be worth it? I believe that someday I will find out.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have a number of age related ailments and problems, but I do not consider that I am suffering... But I suppose some suffering is inevitable in life. Who to blame?
Mostly no one.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have a number of age related ailments and problems, but I do not consider that I am suffering...
Please come and talk to my husband who is approaching your age. ;)
All he does is complain about his physical ailments. He is lucky he does not have anything that serious such as cancer, heart disease, or Alzheimer's disease.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Ultimately God is to blame, because God created a world that is a storehouse of suffering. Why believers cannot see this is because they wear blinders.
What if you did not see the hardship in life as suffering, but as teaching of that there is more to realize or understand in how we live and how we thinking, That the suffering is because our own mindset?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What if you did not see the hardship in life as suffering, but as teaching of that there is more to realize or understand in how we live and how we thinking,
I do see it that way, but it is still suffering.... and what about all the people who don't or can't see it that way?
That the suffering is because our own mindset?
I am sorry, I do not believe that. Sure, suffering originates in the mind but people do not choose to suffer except when it is for something or someone they love. People do not choose to get cancer or have an auto accident.

One cannot just change their mindset like putting on a new pair of shoes. To imply that people can choose not to suffer is to judge those who cannot do that. I choose not to judge others because I don't like being judged.

upload_2021-8-13_12-21-27.png

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I do see it that way, but it is still suffering.... and what about all the people who don't or can't see it that way?

I am sorry, I do not believe that. Sure, suffering originates in the mind but people do not choose to suffer except when it is for something or someone they love. People do not choose to get cancer or have an auto accident.

One cannot just change their mindset like putting on a new pair of shoes. To imply that people can choose not to suffer is to judge those who cannot do that. I choose not to judge others because I don't like being judged.

View attachment 53831
People do not choose to get cancer that is true.
I can take my own mother as an example, when she got to know that my father was going to die from cancer, she worried so much every single day that she actually got cancer her self, and she had to struggle with it every day for almost 10 years before she passed away. Even she never asked or wised to get cancer, she worried so much and suffered so much because something she could not do anything about lead to her becoming sick.

I do not judge my mother when i said, if she had understood that she could not take away my fathers cancer, and she had to accept that he was becomming to ill, and would die one day, she might not have become sick her self.

So her suffering for 10 years come from her own mind, and not from God

Moonjuice

People do not choose to get cancer that is true.
I can take my own mother as an example, when she got to know that my father was going to die from cancer, she worried so much every single day that she actually got cancer her self, and she had to struggle with it every day for almost 10 years before she passed away. Even she never asked or wised to get cancer, she worried so much and suffered so much because something she could not do anything about lead to her becoming sick.

I do not judge my mother when i said, if she had understood that she could not take away my fathers cancer, and she had to accept that he was becoming to ill, and would die one day, she might not have become sick her self.

So her suffering for 10 years come from her own mind, and not from God
Wait a second....you think "worrying" causes cancer?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do you suffer?

Who is responsible for your suffering when you do suffer?

Who has the ability to end your suffering?

To me Suffering is a complex subject and requires a certain level of knowledge, so it becomes a relative truth.

Suffering is really a part of this creation, as such if one is a beleiver in God, we get to thank God for what we face in life. Many find it hard to find bounty in suffering, yet it is given to enable us to be free of it.

"The mind and spirit of man advance when he is tried by suffering. The more the ground is ploughed the better the seed will grow, the better the harvest will be. Just as the plough furrows the earth deeply, purifying it of weeds and thistles, so suffering and tribulation free man from the petty affairs of this worldly life until he arrives at a state of complete detachment. His attitude in this world will be that of divine happiness... Through suffering he will attain to an eternal happiness which nothing can take from him..."

To me the wisdom is that we are given this life to develop as a spiritual being, to become all that we really are.

Big and great topic, always happy to share what I have found.

Regards Tony

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Suffering happens when reality doesn't meet one's expectations of reality.

Suffering is when you cannot live life to the fullest.

Also loneliness is a form of suffering.

Suffering is when a person violates their own conscience.

My suffering is purely physical.

Physical suffering is not something that anyone is responsible for other than nature inflicting it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ultimately God is to blame, because God created a world that is a storehouse of suffering. Why believers cannot see this is because they wear blinders.

It is all about our own frame of reference, how we choose to see suffering. We see it as bad, or we can see it as good, after all you are correct, it is God given.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

It becomes our choice to blame, or thank God for the bounty of suffering. It depends on what we see the purpose of life is.

All the best, always Susan, Regards Tony

Ponder This

Why do you suffer?

Who is responsible for your suffering when you do suffer?

Who has the ability to end your suffering?

There are many ways to suffer.
Some ways are harmful and some ways are beneficial.
Some ways of suffering are mitigated by right action.
Some forms of suffering are mitigated through prayer, some through meditation.
Some forms of suffering strengthen the mind and body, other forms of suffering degrade the mind and body.

There are some ways which seem to reduce or remove suffering by deceiving the mind or body. There are forms of suffering that it is not well to dwell upon even if true. There are forms of suffering that are made better through expression and other forms of suffering for which silence is better.

There are particular forms of suffering created through attachment. Some such forms serve a purpose and other such forms are merely the consequences of attachment. The Norns indicate that there are three states: that which has arisen, the which is arising, and that which is the consequences of what has arisen. To see clearly how the Norns operate is to know one's destiny.

Moonjuice

It did happen to my mother so yes, I got that info from the cancer doctor in the best hospital in Norway
But not all form of cancer comes from worrying of course
What forms of cancer are caused by worrying according to the best cancer doctor in Norway?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What forms of cancer are caused by worrying according to the best cancer doctor in Norway?
The cancer my mother got first was breast cancer
I only speak about that one example and that one person when it comes to how she worried for so long that it led to cancer

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you mean that the doctors determined your mother got cancer from worrying about your father?
Yes, her breast cancer is said to have been caused by her constant worries
The cancer she died from was liver cancer that had spread from her breast cancer to the liver