• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Soul's plan

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all well.

Has anyone read a book called "Your Soul's plan" by Robert Schwartz?

I am about a third of the way through and it is interesting to say the least!

Here's a passage that grabbed me -

When we plan our lives, we choose to "work" with other souls who we love very much and who love us. Like Jon's parents, Doris's mother knew before birth there would be painful conflict with her child. Only a soul who truly loved Doris and was committed to Doris's evolution would agree to bear the brunt of her anger. In this way, our greatest tormentors are often those with whom we share the most love when in spirit.

When this lifetime is complete, Doris will thank her mother for the growth she fostered, and Doris's mother will thank her for the opportunity to have been of service. Gratitude towards those who have most challenged us - and thus stimulated our evolution - is a soul-level perspective we can adopt while still in body. When we make that choice, we remove blame from our lives. Without blame, forgiveness becomes possible, and with forgiveness comes healing.

May tap out a couple more excerpts for this thread ... remind me :)

That made me curious enough to plug the following into Google -

Grateful life challenges - quite a few look worthy of exploration ...

You can also find the author at YouTube -

robert schwartz your soul's plan - YouTube

One of the videos is 2 hours interview! Yet to watch it all ... :)

Enjoy your day!

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Yes, I do believe we come into this life with a plan for what we want to work out and that we have soul groups that tend to incarnate together to work on things.

The universe is on our side for growth so be patient and work best with the challenges of this current life. We didn't sign up for 'easy'.