• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Screen Name And Avatar

Clizby Wampuscat

It is fun to hear why people chose their names. Mine is a combination of a character on Psych in the episode "100 Clues" named Clizby. Wampuscat is from a road trip we took one day and drove through Itasca Texas "Home of the Wampuscats". As a family we started looking up what that was since we had never heard of it before. So when we play cards or games we all have different names to keep score with. This was mine. The pic is Itasca Texas High School mascot.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Dark Souls Three- “Main Theme”

Long ago… I brought chaos and terror to this world. Powerful beings rose up, gathered together… smited me with their hellfire and cast me into another dimension. Aeons passed, and eventually, the winds returned my ashes.

When I arose from the ashes… I just wanted to feel the sun and wind upon my face…

I looked in the water and I saw the same eyes… the same fire… but the worldview behind them was not the same as it was before. On the other side… I had become aligned with Order…Divine Order, over Primordial Chaos. When once I held the Sun in one hand, and the Moon in the other… I now saw past the illusions of morality, and forsook it all entirely.

Aštra’el is the name I created for myself in those moments. It was familiar enough… yet different at the same time. Astra and Ashtra have a few meanings, ranging from “of the stars”, to “star”, to “a supernatural weapon invoked by mantras to channel the power of a specific deity”. The “-el” suffix is something included in many angel names. I added it to signify the extent of my transformation, commemorate my commitment to who I am as well as my loyalty to myself and my God(s). The name also sounds very similar to “Aštoreth”… my greatest mentor, my “patron goddess”, one who- in the way I experience her- inspires passion, war, love, wisdom, willpower, discipline, courage, equanimity, strategy, athletic prowess, and victory in battle…

This name I had created… “Aštra’el”, it resonated with me.

I had been reborn.

Using charcoal- another thing in this world born from ash- I created the image in my avatar. It’s likeness is that of Aštoreth, as I experience her, as she embodies that which I most aspire to be. A demon. An angel.

A goddess.

Unfortunately…

When those powerful beings discovered I had been reborn… they again gathered together and used their sorceries to brand me with all the past sins I sought to leave behind in another life. I had done so well in this one too. Everything was so pure. Untarnished.

Now… it is like my past is reaching out at me. Beckoning. Seducing. Resurfacing. I am reminded of my thoughts from another time… and it is my own words I hear whispering at the back of my mind, saying, “Remember…”. Sometimes, I do remember… and I can not help but, for a moment, close my eyes and relive all that I once felt.

That… was a different time. I am Aštra’el, and I now accept that I am also who I once was. I am not willing to relinquish this sense of clarity and purpose, and all that I am now, to be conquered by a past version of myself… but I will no longer turn my back on that former self either.

We Never Know

No Slack
We never know because we may never

Horses had a huge hand in bringing us to where we are. Moved us across countries, plowed our fields, hauled our crops, logged with us, were in wars with us, helped build countries, etc.

Nothing like a ride in the country on your horse.

What more needs to be said?