• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Screen Name And Avatar

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
My username was partially inspired by the John Lennon song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and based on my use of creative work on my spiritual path.

My original avatar was a picture of a night sky with a moon. I've changed it a lot over the years, but that has been my most used due to my practice of making offerings on full moons and my mystical rites under starry skies.

I changed it to the sun recently due to feeling the need to connect more with solar symbolism. Also, I kept getting my avatar confused with @Secret Chief

At one time, it was Garfield dressed as a pirate due to an RF theme of pirates vs. ninjas. I am depicted as this in @cardero's RF cartoon adventure.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My username was partially inspired by the John Lennon song "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," and based on my use of creative work on my spiritual path.

My original avatar was a picture of a night sky with a moon. I've changed it a lot over the years, but that has been my most used due to my practice of making offerings on full moons and my mystical rites under starry skies.

I changed it to the sun recently due to feeling the need to connect more with solar symbolism. Also, I kept getting my avatar confused with @Secret Chief

At one time, it was Garfield dressed as a pirate due to an RF theme of pirates vs. ninjas. I am depicted as this in @cardero's RF cartoon adventure.
If you feel an urge to change back let me know and I'll happily change mine.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
What!
Mein Gott, woman!
Get him recordings...start with Tracy Ullman shorts,
& then the series from the beginning. The boy must
know his culture.

We have a vacation coming up, which will equal about 14 hours on the road...

A portable DVD player will be brought. Maybe I can find some old Simpsons discs somewhere and make use of that.

Gargovic Malkav

My "first name" is a corruption of my original screen name "Gargoyle", which goes way back.
Initially I invented that name because in social situations I was very good at becoming like a living statue because of my social problems.
I think I still kind of am, though I've developed some confidence and coping mechanisms to come across a little more human, or at least sympathetic (I think ;):p).

My "surname" is based on the name of a vampire patriarch from the World of Darkness Universe, who is and who's descendants are associated with madness.
Because of my mental issues, I live in a "special place for special people", and because of my lifestyle, in the eyes of some, I am a parasite.
My religious convictions (which I've developed much later) also made me feel I was "crazy" in the eyes of society.

My avatar is the national flag of a country that doesn't exist.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have a vacation coming up, which will equal about 14 hours on the road...

A portable DVD player will be brought. Maybe I can find some old Simpsons discs somewhere and make use of that.
To further his education, he'll need many cultural references....
- Star Trek (original), especially the episode, Amok Time (1967)
- Cape Fear (1962)
- The Music Man (1962)
- A Brief History Of Time (Stephen Hawking)
- So many many more.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My screen name is quite simple, my given name followed by the initial of my surname.

The skull means a lot to me even if it worries other people.

I was helping out as a grunt on an archaeological dig (a hobby of mine) in a cave with evidence of cro magnon occupation.

While i was scooping up spoil i unearthed a smooth dome. Unsure if it was just a rock or something more interesting i called over the supervisor. He slowly and skillfully unearthed one of the best preserved cro-magnon skulls ever found.

Today you can see it at the Nation Museum of Prehistory at Les Eyzies, France.

It's 22,000 years old so besides the cachet of discovering such a beautiful piece, it is handy when in "discussion" with YECs.
Meh, it was made by satanists to mislead.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
My avatar changes most every day; no point in mentioning it.

I like the variety in your avatars.

My name comes from few being able to remember my name

I'm just kidding!

My current avatar is from me reading stuff on the RF.

Your avatar is aesthetically pleasing.

Can I change it?

I like your new name.

My avatar is the album cover for Dio's Holy Diver. The eponymous song is one of my favorite songs of all time.

That's a great song.

You let your son look at RF?! What kind of a mother are you?!

She is the kind of mother that society needs more of.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
To further his education, he'll need many cultural references....
- Star Trek (original), especially the episode, Amok Time (1967)
- Cape Fear (1962)
- The Music Man (1962)
- A Brief History Of Time (Stephen Hawking)
- So many many more.

Now you're pushing it.

I'm not even familiar with those(other than the fact they exist).

You let your son look at RF?! What kind of a mother are you?!

I think you know the answer to that question... :rolleyes:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
My avatar (currently!) is taken from a digital artwork (of mine, hence the use). My username is derived from Secret Chiefs 3, responsible for consistently creating some of the most interesting music I've had the pleasure of listening to in the field of populist beat combos. Music is a big thing for me, hence the use.