• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Screen Name And Avatar

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's an Internet handle I've been using for over 15 years now (before that, it was something else). Frankenstein is a nickname my best friend gave to me and the Saint part was originally because I just liked it, but it's also because I'm Catholic and it's a reference to duality. It's also an unintended reference to San Francisco, where I'm from, since I'm named after St. Francis and the initialism is the same. It all came full circle, really.

The avatar is just a picture of me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My screen name is quite simple, my given name followed by the initial of my surname.

The skull means a lot to me even if it worries other people.

I was helping out as a grunt on an archaeological dig (a hobby of mine) in a cave with evidence of cro magnon occupation.

While i was scooping up spoil i unearthed a smooth dome. Unsure if it was just a rock or something more interesting i called over the supervisor. He slowly and skillfully unearthed one of the best preserved cro-magnon skulls ever found.

Today you can see it at the Nation Museum of Prehistory at Les Eyzies, France.

It's 22,000 years old so besides the cachet of discovering such a beautiful piece, it is handy when in "discussion" with YECs.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
When I first joined, I just wanted to have a username with "Debater" in it, so I chose a random word to rhyme with it and became "DebaterSlater." An admin saw it and suggested "Debater Slayer" as a more logical name, which I liked and went with.

My avatar is the album cover for Dio's Holy Diver. The eponymous song is one of my favorite songs of all time. He's also my favorite metal vocalist.

Viker

Häxan
When I first joined, I just wanted to have a username with "Debater" in it, so I chose a random word to rhyme with it and became "DebaterSlater." An admin saw it and suggested "Debater Slayer" as a more logical name, which I liked and went with.

My avatar is the album cover for Dio's Holy Diver. The eponymous song is one of my favorite songs of all time. He's also my favorite metal vocalist.
I was hoping that avi wasn't a random pic you chose. One of my favorite albums and metal musicians. :thumbsup:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My username is a reference to something from the Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul by Douglas Adams:

She passed the time quietly in a world of her own in which she was surrounded as far as the eye could see with old cabin trunks full of past memories in which she rummaged with great curiosity, and sometimes bewilderment. Or, at least, about a tenth of the cabin trunks were full of vivid and often painful or uncomfortable memories of her past life; the other nine tenths were full of penguins, which surprised her.

Insofar as she recognized at all that she was dreaming, she realized she must be exploring her own subconscious mind. She had heard it said that humans are supposed only to use about a tenth of their brains, and that no one was very clear what the other nine tenths were for, but she had certainly never heard it suggested that they were used for storing penguins.

My avatar is Crypty the Cryptosporidium from an Onion article.

Before RF, when I was on another forum, a bunch of us decided that our avatars would do costumes for Halloween. My regular avatar at the time was a microscope photo of a yeast cell, so I decided that my yeastie would dress up as Crypty the Cryptosporidium. I ended up liking Crypty better, so I kept him.

When I came to RF, I couldn't find a good avatar that went with my name, so I just used my old avatar, planning to replace it when I got around to it. :D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
My avatar was chosen by @Rival in a competition that @dybmh organised

It is a baby hedgehog eating rainbow coloured sweets that are turning its spines a rainbow colour

As for my name: at university everyone insisted on calling me "Eddi with an I" and I even started calling myself that

But away from Religious Forums I go by Ed

I don't actually like being called Eddi so please call me Ed :D

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
My avatar was chosen by @Rival in a competition that @dybmh organised

It is a baby hedgehog eating rainbow coloured sweets that are turning its spines a rainbow colour

As for my name: at university everyone insisted on calling me "Eddi with an I" and I even started calling myself that

But away from Religious Forums I go by Ed

I don't actually like being called Eddi so please call me Ed :D
just in case you didn't know this...
If you ever want to stop being called Eddi on RF you could go to an admin and ask for your username to be changed.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
If you ever want to stop being called Eddi on RF and you dont know this you could go to an admin and ask for your username to be changed.
I've looked into doing that...

But apparently that would mean that the name "Eddi" will then become available for a new member to take

If someone did this then it would look like all my old posts came from them

And that would be catastrophic, for obvious reasons!

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them

But apparently that would mean that the name "Eddi" will then become available for a new member to take

Fair.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member

The name on your old posts would change.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
My screen name is quite simple, my given name followed by the initial of my surname.

The skull means a lot to me even if it worries other people.

I was helping out as a grunt on an archaeological dig (a hobby of mine) in a cave with evidence of cro magnon occupation.

While i was scooping up spoil i unearthed a smooth dome. Unsure if it was just a rock or something more interesting i called over the supervisor. He slowly and skillfully unearthed one of the best preserved cro-magnon skulls ever found.

Today you can see it at the Nation Museum of Prehistory at Les Eyzies, France.

It's 22,000 years old so besides the cachet of discovering such a beautiful piece, it is handy when in "discussion" with YECs.
"Alas, poor Yorik! I knew him well, Horatio!"

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oh - my custom user title has changed over time to indicate what the other one tenth was; for a while, it was "1/10 Riboflavin."

Currently, the one tenth of me that isn't penguins is "Subway Stalinist." This is intended to poke fun at Elon Musk, who made a huge deal on Twitter about his idea to "solve congestion" by building underground tunnels in major cities where Teslas could drive.

He got mocked mercilessly by people who pointed out that what he was suggesting was just a crappy, low-capacity version of another idea for moving people around cities in tunnels: the subway.

Musk then labelled his critics "Subway Stalinists," which I found hilarious and wanted to memorialize. I also happen to be a big fan of real public transportation, so I'm probably the sort of person Musk had in mind for the epithet.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Due to your avatar, my son believes that you're Dio, and I can't convince him otherwise. I've caught him trying to leave a message on your profile page once...

He also believes @Spiderman is really Spiderman, and he doesn't know who the heck @Revoltingest is, but he's very interested to find out.