• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Religion in 100 Years

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It will be substantially larger, large enough to be see as assisting humanity in the decisions made by the United Nations of the world.

Regards Tony

Do you mean larger as a percentage of humanity globally? Will that increase come from people converting en masse? Or Bahais having lots of babies compared to everyone else? If the former, what groups do you think are most likely to convert?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you mean larger as a percentage of humanity globally? Will that increase come from people converting en masse? Or Bahais having lots of babies compared to everyone else? If the former, what groups do you think are most likely to convert?

Yes a global percentage. I see the current series of convulsions will show humanity they need to work together. People will embrace the principles, I personallysee that no one gives away their Faith to be a Baha'i, though they may give up some old practices to embrace the new.

The timing is not known, but I expect that 100 years will see great change.

The realisation will escalate via the continued efforts in the diffusion of information aimed at our Unity during all these convulsions.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You enter a time machine and fast forward to 2121.

Has your religion changed? If so, how?
I have no idea what is going to happen with my religion...

My religion is not delineated, but I thought you might appreciate this video that I stumbled on recently.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It will be substantially larger, large enough to be see as assisting humanity in the decisions made by the United Nations of the world.
What reason do you have to believe that Tony? The present growth rate certainly does not indicate that. What do you think is going to change during the next 100 years? The future looks pretty dismal to me unless the Baha'is start doing something differently. :(

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

We spent about 50 years coming to terms with intelligent robots, and now there are some baptized ones. We baptize them in oil. There is some controversy about using oil, but what can you do? Water isn't good for robots, so oil is as close as we can get to doing it right. Texas churches baptize them in WD-40. LDS are like: "We told you there would be robots."

We killed all the Buddhists. We accidentally took that "Kill the Buddha if you meet him on the road" too seriously. We realize now that it was a mistake, and once a year we all wear orange and eat orange foods. We call it Orange Lent.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Without being able to actually travel to the future, there is no way for me to know. It could change (radically), it could grow slightly larger, stay the same as now or be entirely extinct. Any of those are possible. I doubt it would be a major world thing.

I think (maybe want to hope) something like it will be there just slightly different yet recognizable.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What reason do you have to believe that Tony? The present growth rate certainly does not indicate that. What do you think is going to change in the next 100 years? The future looks pretty dismal to me unless the Baha'is start doing something differently.

My thoughts come from what I have read of Abdul'baha and the tablets of the Divine plan backed by what Shoghi effendi has left us in his writings.

In the end, no one knows the timing, but we can see the signs unfold as written.

"...Know thou that hardship and privation shall increase day by day, and the people shall thereby be afflicted. The doors of joy and happiness shall be closed on all sides, and terrible wars shall occur. Frustration and despair shall encompass the people until they are forced to turn to the One True God. Then will the light of most joyful tidings so illumine the horizons that the cry of 'Yá Bahá’u’l Bahá' will be raised from every direction. This shall come to pass..." 'Abdu’l-Bahá, Lights of Guidance, p. 130

I see you are correct, us Baha'i have to be more engaged consider different ways,

"...In such a process of purgation, when all humanity is in the throes of dire suffering, the Bahá’ís should not hope to remain unaffected. Should we consider the beam that is in our own eye, we would immediately fine that these sufferings are also meant for ourselves, who claimed to have attained. Such world crisis is necessary to awaken us to the importance of our duty and the carrying on of our task. Suffering will increase our energy in setting before humanity the road to salvation, it will move us from our repose for we are far from doing our best in teaching the Cause and conveying the Message with which we have been entrusted..." Shoghi Effendi, Lights of Guidance, p. 133-134

"...We have no indication of exactly what nature the apocalyptic upheaval will be: it might be another war ... but as students of our Bahá’í writings it is clear that the longer the 'Divine Physician' (i.e. Bahá’u’lláh) is withheld from healing the ills of the world, the more severe will be the crises, and the more terrible the sufferings of the patient." From a letter dated 21 November 1949, written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer.

So, It appears more and more likely to be another war, but who knows? How is China, Russia, Islam, Christianity all going to start working together with the rest of the world?

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It will most certainly change. I'm hoping the coffee and tea will improve greatly with my new holodeck Zen garden hosted by none other than the Buddha himself, or herself, or itself, or whatever comes to the door. Patient pending?

InChrist

Free4ever

Yes, I think before 100 years have passed we’ll see the literal, Personal millennial reign of Jesus Christ on earth, from Jerusalem. By then everyone will know and acknowledge Him for who He is.

Suave

Simulated character

In the near future, our simulated universe might soon be revealed by observations of cosmic rays travelling predominately along the axes of the lattice of our simulated universe/Matrix instead of cosmic rays being observed emanating equally in all directions of unconstrained space as would have been expected if our universe were non-simulated base realty. Hence, simulation based religions will then be widely followed upon wide spread acceptance of simulation hypothesis as factual based theory.

Furthermore, when scientists have figured out how to read the actual results of a consciousness simulation, then the simulation hypothesis will become a widely accepted theory and consequently simulation based religions will be the most dominate type of religion in our realized virtual reality world.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Will carry on like it is, 100 years or 1000 years. We have seen many millenniums. It is eternal (Sanatan). :)
My thoughts come from what I have read of Abdul'baha and the tablets of the Divine plan backed by what Shoghi effendi has left us in his writings.
Really! Allah gave the blue print to Abdul Baha?

Last edited: