• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Prescription Eyeglasses: Glass or Plastic?

What are your prescription eyeglasses made of?

• Glass

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Plastic

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
For those here who wear prescription glasses, are yours made of glass or plastic?

Mine are for myopia. They're plastic.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This seems to be true, but one definite benefit of plastic is that it's lighter than glass,
I don't feel any weight of my glasses, they light as feather, glass however adds to weight.
That's true, glass is heavier which is why I use plastic eyewear at my workplace.

However it dosent even compare to glass for it sheer clarity and maintenance that makes glass my first choice.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I insisted on glass. I got it.

I'd see another doctor trying to capitalize on cheaply made plastic garbage.

And it's good for the environment!
My plastic ones are high-index, scratch resistant, progressive (etc). They're hardly cheaply made or at least the price is hardy cheap. And they last and last so the quality is far far from "garbage"

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I dont know but they thick as hell im close to legally blind I cant see at all without them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My plastic ones are high-index, scratch resistant, progressive (etc). They're hardly cheaply made or at least the price is hardy cheap. And they last and last so the quality is far far from "garbage"
It's plastic. That should speak volumes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
My progressive bifocals are made of plastic (the lenses, anyway; frame is metal).

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
For those here who wear prescription glasses, are yours made of glass or plastic?

Mine are for myopia. They're plastic.
I thought they were all plastic these days. Before I had my cataract operations my glasses were really thick. If they'd been made of glass they would have weighed a ton.
Extra info: my latest glasses are made from recycled plastic!