• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

Jedster

claim to 'absolute truth'
Yes Islam claims he owns the absolute truth
All means of violence and terrorism is used in order to consolidate this fact
This is the cause of Islamic terrorism globally
Muslim believes he is fighting and struggling for God
Here, God is weak and needs help Muslims to prove the truth of its existence
Allow me to tell you in all humility
That Christianity differs from this
Although the Christian believes that faith in Christ is the way of life is better
But Christianity is not the demands of the fighting and forced to accept this fact
So I think that the attitude of Christianity requires a focus on this aspect
Christianity in the texts written and transmitted since 2000 years no where
Coercion and fighting laws
Accept my thanks and my respect

I understand where you are coming from and Muslims today need to understand more that it is becoming impossible to separate Islam from the behaviour of Muslims.
However, this thread is about Islam and I tried to keep my answer as the OP requested.
Regarding Christianity, Christians are less dogmatic about their book than Muslims and mostly have come out of the dark ages. Many Muslims have too, but not enough.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wahhabism is a modern school appeared before almost 200 years
But Islam appeared 1,400 years ago
And Wahhabi teachings derived from the Quran and Quranic verses
Wahhabism was before the Ottomans
So there is education and pillars in Wahhabism is the verses of the Koran
The popular proverb
There is no smoke without ash
Yes Koran is the solid foundation to the Wahhabi Islamic sects and all the moderate and centrist

Slavery was supposedly a Biblical concept to those in the southern USA but it came from a false understanding of the Bible. The Qu'ran may be the source but I am sure it is a false understanding of the Qu'ran.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
They are only childish to you, because I don't meet your wishes, you are set in your ways and nothing will ever change that, that to me is childish.

Well, I have not really talked about anything except your behaviour, so what is childish about me asking you questions?

mahasn ebn sawresho

Slavery was supposedly a Biblical concept to those in the southern USA but it came from a false understanding of the Bible. The Qu'ran may be the source but I am sure it is a false understanding of the Qu'ran
I am not talking about slavery in this topic Excuse me you
But Christianity rejects all forms of slavery

But in Islam, he recognized slavery system does not reject categorically

atanu

Premium Member
And here in the thread I am discussing islam and how a muslim should be. Not what people who call themselves muslims are doing.

I believe you. Peace. I believe that Islam means true surrender and I believe that surrender is essence of religions. To me the essence of Quraan is contained in:

2.213. Mankind were one community, and Allah sent (unto them) Prophets as bearers of good tidings and as warners, and revealed therewith the Scripture with the truth that mankind might judge concerning that wherein they differed. And unto whom (the Scripture) was given differed only through hatred one of another. And Allah by His will guided those who believe unto the truth of that concerning which they differed. Allah guideth whom He will unto a straight path.

I have two questions for you.

1. You say that you are discussing islam and how a Muslim should be. I agree theoretically. But practically the matter is not so easy. Is not the high population count of Muslims in countries due to violent aggressions? If those aggressors were not really adhering to Islam then who are the real adherents of Islam now?

I hope you will be factual about the mode of expansion of Islam through unprovoked acts of aggressive occupations.

2. My second question relates to as to why despite having wisdom in form of Quraan, Muslims fought violently and split into two groups soon after passing away of the Prophet? And till date, the violent animosity continues.

Where is the locus of this problem?

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am not talking about slavery in this topic Excuse me you
But Christianity rejects all forms of slavery

But in Islam, he recognized slavery system does not reject categorically

I believe Christianity recognizes slavery as a fact of life but that does not mean approval. I believe God shows His disapproval in the OT. I am not familiar with what Islam has to say about slavery but perhaps you have some quotes.

cambridge79

I believe Christianity recognizes slavery as a fact of life but that does not mean approval. I believe God shows His disapproval in the OT. I am not familiar with what Islam has to say about slavery but perhaps you have some quotes.
i believe almost any christian nowday would reject slavery by his own moral standards but actually referring to the old testament you can find many passages endorsing slavery in it. And Jesus himself in the gospels seem not to really go on the subject.