• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

outhouse

Atheistically

I don't mean to go all legal on you but you usually associate plagiarism with a willful act of stealing someone's intellectual property.

Well your wrong once again. It beginning to be a pattern, I would hope you look up the definition before posting.

You would find out it means and is defined as, taking someone else's words or ideas and using them as your own.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
1- What is your position about Islam?

A walk of life that works for some and not for others to reach a specific spiritual goal that is entirely irrelevant to the spiritual goal I seek.

2- Do you have any questions that you would like having answers to?

What are some aspects of Allah that differentiate it from the Judeo-Christian's perspective on God, Yahweh?

3- Why do you think Islam is wrong?

Don't take it personally, I think that I also am probably wrong, as well as everyone else.

Tabb

:biglaugh:

What do you call rewriting different stories of Abraham, Moses, Noah, Adam and Eve ?????????????????

I call it retelling the stories since he does use the same names and sets up the stories by say it is the Hebrew people. You guys really need to Actually read the Qur'an before you criticize it. It's actually a beautifully written piece of literature. Don't worry reading it won't turn you into a terrorist.

Tabb

Trust me your not. I study law as well as religion.

Gavel crushes down hard, guilty.

That is my only point.

Than if you study law you would know its not plagiarizing if you use a story that's a thousand years old and you credit your sources. I'm not denying he's using information from the Talmud. however what you're not acknowledging is that that was the accepted history of his world at that time. Also unlike Christianity( Referring to the European version) Islam is from the same region as Hebrews.

Stovepipe_Hat

One who will die.
I hope that only interested member about the topic would reply to it. OP Questions.
1. Islam has promise. It promotes personal discipline and self-sacrifice and moderation. You have to mostly fast for a month every year, for starters.

2. A commentary on the opening chapter in Quran, which I am told should be recited during every prayer time. The chapter is only 70 words long (in English), but the commentary book I found is 400 pages or so. But it connects Jesus with the Jonah story, where Jonah was inside the fish for 3 days. Here it is:

"The Jews incurred the displeasure of God, the Supreme, by viciously denouncing as accursed a pure and holy Prophet of God though they had come to know that the Messiah did not remain in the sepulchre and that his prophecy that his case would be like that of Jonas, that is to say, that he would enter the sepulchre alive and would come out of it alive, had been fulfilled." (p. 318).

-Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, Commentary on Surah Fatima,
Islam International Publications, 2004.
select pdf at al-Islam web site: The Holy Quran

Now, why did Jesus enter the tomb alive? Is this mentioned in Quran itself? It's not in the first chapter of course, but my Quran pdf isn't searchable. What is the significance of Jonah here? Religions, especially complicated ones with books, must be studied, to understand anything about them.

3. What went wrong was how it started. Christianity started as an urban religion in a secure Roman Empire. Islam did not start from such a position of comfort, but in a rough neighborhood with warring groups. That isn't their fault, but it led to the Battle of the Trench and the Banu Qurayza, who were eliminated to prevent them from forming an alliance against the first Muslim group. Is there a way this history can be confronted and overcome? I think affected how the religion developed.
~:confused: :)

outhouse

Atheistically
I call it retelling the stories since he does use the same names and sets up the stories by say it is the Hebrew people..

Which factually makes it plagiarized, by your own words :facepalm:

And they are historically different stories making all of them Pseudo history.

The real problem here is all muslims, take these stories as literal historical events.

And of course your ignoring how islam claims the prophets in Judaism were prcatici8ng islam back then :facepalm:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
1- What is your position about Islam?

I deeply dislike it. It is anti-freedom, anti-female, anti-LGBT and totalitarian. It either needs to go through a serious process of reform as mainline Christianity was forced to go through - and through a quite bloody forcing, in some instances (French Revolution) - by being exposed to modernity, secularism and other Enlightenment values or, if it refuses to change for the betterment of the human species, it can die out.

2- Do you have any questions that you would like having answers to?

Yes. Why do Muslims, especially ones from Africa and Pakistan, come over to Western countries and demand that we change our cultures to suit them and continue to live as if they're still in their homelands? Why do they continue to hate the West when they leech off of our welfare programs and benefit from our liberal, politically correct attitudes?

3- Why do you think Islam is wrong?

Because I see it as a resurgence of a particularly hateful, violent, anti-human deity that emerged from the Middle East and is making another serious bid to dominate humanity. This being has been called by many names - Enlil, Yahweh, Yaldabaoth, Blind God, Demiurge, and to the Muslims, he is known as Allah. It's all the same evil being in the end, that is hedging his bets by starting different cults that worship him in different guises and setting them against each other and against those without because he enjoys human pain and misery. Divide and conquer.

outhouse

Atheistically
Than if you study law you would know its not plagiarizing if you use a story that's a thousand years old and you credit your sources. .

:facepalm:

he factually claims he received his information from a different source. a mythological character Gabriel.

That's the problem he does not credit his sources to the OT, and claims his is the only correct version and the others teachings have been corrupted.

outhouse

Atheistically
My other main problem is he forces fanaticism by forcing a literal reading of the whole book as gods words despite obvious mythology he copied

outhouse

Atheistically
If someone takes ideas and information not theirs, and does not copy it word for word, and doesn't claim the original source.

What word best defines this?

Tabb

The real problem here is all muslims, take these stories as literal historical events

And of course your ignoring how islam claims the prophets in Judaism were practicing islam back then :facepalm:

You are a very intelligent man but you have an intellectual blind spot when it comes to Islam. It is understandable considering the way current world events are going. However when you are seeking knowledge don't you find that distaste you have for something a hindrance? Do you hate Christians for Nazi actions against Jews in WW2 that were religiously motivated.

I'm not a Muslim so I'm not defending radical beliefs. I do however try to study Islam as I do other religions. From what I have read so far in the Qur'an Islam is not what radical Muslims are practicing. Just get a Qur'an and read it.

Tabb

If someone takes ideas and information not theirs, and does not copy it word for word, and doesn't claim the original source.

What word best defines this?

This what I keep saying. They do acknowledge the source. You gotta read the book. You'll see all that in the first few pages.

Tabb

he states he got it from Gabriel

Yup. The book sometimes reads like someone (Gabriel) is talking to him and he's just writing down what he's being told.

I'm told the prose in Arabic is almost poetic. Because it was written by one author it's more cohesive than the Christian Bible. As far as religious books go it's a good read.

outhouse

Atheistically
Yup. The book sometimes reads like someone (Gabriel) is talking to him and he's just writing down what he's being told.

I'm told the prose in Arabic is almost poetic. Because it was written by one author it's more cohesive than the Christian Bible. As far as religious books go it's a good read.

This is from a time when day dreams and visions were considered real.

The mythology and predictions are mythology added to the definition that started with christians

Also prophets were simply defined as someone who speaks about god.

The problem is not with the book as much as how it in interpreted, that is where the religion has taken a dangerous turn some 1100 ish years ago and has never recovered.

Tabb

Do you agree they take a literal interpretation?

Oh yeah. But like all religions you have your Zealots who will do that. That's the main reason why there is so much violence between them. The Sunni are way more Rigid in their beliefs than the Shia. What can I say man its a religion and it is growing faster in poor third world countries. They have anglicized Christianity so much that it has less of an appeal to people of color now.