• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your plans for this Ramadan?

Farrukh

so how you going to spend this Ramadan? any special plans/preparations?
will you go for اعتكاف this time?

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Nothing special. When i was younger i used to be outside all day long, and after maghreb eating in restaurants or in friends home.
But now i stay more at home with my familly, i watch the ramadan series on tv and the Taraweeh on the Saudi Channel.
I'll read the Quran and try to learn some sourates.
And you Farrukh ?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm planning insha'Allah to do Umra and also during the entire month planning to read the entire Quran along with Alghazali's book Ihya'u Ulumiddin (The Revival of Religious Sciences).

Farrukh

But now i stay more at home with my familly, i watch the ramadan series on tv and the Taraweeh on the Saudi Channel.

which Ramadan series? will you go for taraweeh to some nearby mosque or will you just watch it on Saudi channel?

I'll read the Quran and try to learn some sourates.

that will be nice, are you learning with translation? or just Arabic text?

And you Farrukh ?

Inshallah I will go for 10 days اعتكاف this month, i never did it before.
I have no family here as i'm living in a hostel, i will inshallah spend most of my time after office work in مسجد‎.
i'm bit confused about salatu taraweeh, as I can't understand Arabic, i'm not sure if it will be better for me to offer taraweeh alone and recite those chapters that i have learnt with translation, or will it be better to go مسجد‎ and do it in proper جماعتِ?:confused:

Farrukh

I'm planning insha'Allah to do Umra and also during the entire month planning to read the entire Quran along with Alghazali's book Ihya'u Ulumiddin (The Revival of Religious Sciences).

that is nice mashallah, may Allah make it easy for you.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
which Ramadan series? will you go for taraweeh to some nearby mosque or will you just watch it on Saudi channel?

Series from arabic channels. I will watch Taraweeh and pray at home, plus i have familly who eat at home so i'll stay with them.
The Taraweeh in Saudi Arabia finish before ours here.

that will be nice, are you learning with translation? or just Arabic text?

I learn with both to be sure that i understand it well and i watch some videos to be sure about the pronunciation.

Inshallah I will go for 10 days اعتكاف this month, i never did it before.

Ah that's great :)

i'm bit confused about salatu taraweeh, as I can't understand Arabic, i'm not sure if it will be better for me to offer taraweeh alone and recite those chapters that i have learnt with translation, or will it be better to go مسجد‎ and do it in proper جماعتِ?:confused:

As Taraweeh is not an obligation whatever you decide it's ok.