• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your opinion please about Islam.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Maybe yours and maybe mine, but billions of people will not be a part of that. Few are they who shall enter through the gates to heaven.

I can't say that. God may do something which will change the world.

Habakkuk 1:5

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.

Zigzangle

In my opinion Islam is a human creation like all other religions. Many Muslims are good people, but it has unpleasant extremists who do it harm, just like Christianity.

Sonofason

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.
If many and not few pass through the gates of heaven, then Christ is a liar. And if Christ is a liar, then so is His God.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If many and not few pass through the gates of heaven, then Christ is a liar. And if Christ is a liar, then so is His God.

So the Kingdom of God on earth is not for all humanity? Only for a select choice few? God loves all humankind doesn't He?

Maybe you can elaborate?

Sonofason

So the Kingdom of God on earth is not for all humanity? Only for a select choice few? God loves all humankind doesn't He?

Maybe you can elaborate?
No, assuming that the Bible contains the truth, God does not love all of humanity. There are some people God hates. There could be many people He hates.

Leviticus 20:23 - "And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, andtherefore I abhorred them."

Leviticus 26:30 - "And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you."

Deuteronomy 32:19 - "And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters."

Psalm 5:5 - "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

Psalm 5:6 - "Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

Psalm 10:3 - "For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth."

Psalm 11:5 - "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

Psalm 53:5 - "There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them."

Psalm 73:20 - "As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image."

Psalm 78:59 - "When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:"

Psalm 106:40 - "Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance."

Proverbs 6:16-19 - "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 22:14 - "The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein."

Lamentations 2:6 - "And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest."

Hosea 9:15 - "All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters."

Zechariah 11:8 - "Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me."

Malachi 1:3 - "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

Romans 9:13 - "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No, assuming that the Bible contains the truth, God does not love all of humanity. There are some people God hates. There could be many people He hates.

Leviticus 20:23 - "And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, andtherefore I abhorred them."

Leviticus 26:30 - "And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you."

Deuteronomy 32:19 - "And when the LORD saw it, he abhorred them, because of the provoking of his sons, and of his daughters."

Psalm 5:5 - "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity."

Psalm 5:6 - "Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man."

Psalm 10:3 - "For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth."

Psalm 11:5 - "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth."

Psalm 53:5 - "There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them."

Psalm 73:20 - "As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image."

Psalm 78:59 - "When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:"

Psalm 106:40 - "Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance."

Proverbs 6:16-19 - "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

Proverbs 22:14 - "The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein."

Lamentations 2:6 - "And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest."

Hosea 9:15 - "All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters."

Zechariah 11:8 - "Three shepherds also I cut off in one month; and my soul lothed them, and their soul also abhorred me."

Malachi 1:3 - "And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness."

Romans 9:13 - "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

If you read those closely it is their actions which God abhors not their persons and God does not condemn them eternally if they change, for a person till his last breath may still be saved so to speak.

Matthew 5:45

..He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If God did not love all of us He would never have sent His Son.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

I think that there's the general love God has for all mankind but the abhorrence He has for certain deeds however the doors of forgiveness are always open through repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

Sonofason

If you read those closely it is their actions which God abhors not their persons and God does not condemn them eternally if they change, for a person till his last breath may still be saved so to speak.

Matthew 5:45

..He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If God did not love all of us He would never have sent His Son.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

I think that there's the general love God has for all mankind but the abhorrence He has for certain deeds however the doors of forgiveness are always open through repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

"As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

Seems clear to me. Esau was a man, and God hated him. If God could hate one man, he can hate many men.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
"As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated."

Seems clear to me. Esau was a man, and God hated him. If God could hate one man, he can hate many men.

It's referring to Edom not an individual just like Jacob is used to refer to Israel.

This is from Tyndale Commentaries.

13. ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.’ From Malachi 1:2–3, where again the context indicates it is the nations Israel and Edom, rather than their individual ancestors Jacob and Esau, that are in view. The way in which communities can be so freely spoken of in terms of their ancestors is an example of the common oscillation in biblical (and especially Old Testament) thought and speech between individual and corporate personality (cf. exposition of 5:12–21, p. 130, n. ). Israel was the elect nation, and Edom incurred the wrath of God for its unbrotherly conduct towards Israel in the day of Israel’s calamity (cf. Ps. 137:7; Isa. 34:5ff.; Jer. 49:7ff.; Ezek. 25:12ff.; 35:1ff.; Obad. 10ff.).

Sonofason

It's referring to Edom not an individual just like Jacob is used to refer to Israel.

13. ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.’ From Malachi 1:2–3, where again the context indicates it is the nations Israel and Edom, rather than their individual ancestors Jacob and Esau, that are in view. The way in which communities can be so freely spoken of in terms of their ancestors is an example of the common oscillation in biblical (and especially Old Testament) thought and speech between individual and corporate personality (cf. exposition of 5:12–21, p. 130, n. ). Israel was the elect nation, and Edom incurred the wrath of God for its unbrotherly conduct towards Israel in the day of Israel’s calamity (cf. Ps. 137:7; Isa. 34:5ff.; Jer. 49:7ff.; Ezek. 25:12ff.; 35:1ff.; Obad. 10ff.).
Okay fine God hated the entire nation of Edom. He likely still hates the entire community of people that still dwell in that region even today. I know I do.

Sonofason

Keep in min

Consider this quote again.

Indeed, hating a proud look, or a lying tongue is not necessarily a hatred for the man with the proud look or the lying tongue. Indeed hands that shed innocent blood, and a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations are not necessarily the man who's hands shed innocent blood or the heart that devises wicked imaginations. But surely a false witness that speaketh lies is a reference to the man that bares false witness and speaks lies. And surely it is a man that is he that soweth discord among brethren. You see, God hates some men, apparently quite a few more men than you would like to believe.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Keep in min

Consider this quote again.

Indeed, hating a proud look, or a lying tongue is not necessarily a hatred for the man with the proud look or the lying tongue. Indeed hands that shed innocent blood, and a heart that deviseth wicked imaginations are not necessarily the man who's hands shed innocent blood or the heart that devises wicked imaginations. But surely a false witness that speaketh lies is a reference to the man that bares false witness and speaks lies. And surely it is a man that is he that soweth discord among brethren. You see, God hates some men, apparently quite a few more men than you would like to believe.

He hates their actions.

Lying
Shedding of innocent blood
Sowing discord
Self pride
Wicked imaginings
False witnessing

These are all evil actions. They are committed by people but it is the actions God hates not the people.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
All I know about Islam is it's slavery. Religion in itself is slavery. But particularly Islam.

It has been the ultimate propagator of war, religion in general. God's plan is extremely unclear, but it looks like progress through grotesque and uncompromising annihilation at most circumstances.

You know, I think what could have been, things didn't have to be this way and my Zeus got all upset about it. He then tought me about thinking like that is silly, so I don't anymore.

Making progress... Just don't be a coward or a tool, choose your battles and go with your heart. Allegiance is getting real dodgy now.

Honestly what I have in mind is New World Order because the Gods have a different allegiance. Their articulate but I do not understand their process.

I won't go on some ignorant bias rant otherwise about unknowingly Mesopotamia and the middle east was glorious before Islam and America. Their myth is great too.

As far as going to war for God, hope you don't get hoodwinked. Most people get hoodwinked.... At least the Lord was considerate enough to give me a heads up... It's total madness.

But I'm obliged to go to battle regardless, so are others... Some occasions call for war propaganda, to muster the warriors and make mettle.

Like all these old warrior values flooded into me whence the Old one started speaking to me... Values not celebrated this day, particularly comradery and battle.

Now days we completely alienate and hate the oppositions... Chivalry and all... It's really upsetting.

We all gotta die. Glory, death and Honor. It's not something plebeians would understand. Glory.

Incoming Glory.

Sonofason

He hates their actions.

Lying
Shedding of innocent blood
Sowing discord
Self pride
Wicked imaginings
False witnessing

These are all evil actions. They are committed by people but it is the actions God hates not the people.
I think if the Bible meant to say that God hates their actions, then the Bible would not emphatically state that He hates the people that engage in those actions. It is quite clear what is written. You can twist it how you like. I have no problem with you choosing to believe that God loves the people He hates. I think it to be very optimistic, and that's not a terrible thing, so long as you do not condone the sin that these disgraceful people indulge in.

Gyrannon

Agnostic Necromancer
I judge no one.

That I seriously doubt, cause both positive & negative opinions of people or a person or a group or an organization is still a judgement.

Members of Islam claim it to be the religion of peace.
Every religion claims that, even the truly psychotic groups will say that. Even America (I'm American btw) makes that claim despite the fact that it's been in numerous wars since it became a nation, the country has never TRULY experienced peace.
My Opinion: Only the world has the right to make that claim for them.

What would Jesus have said about such displays of "Christianity"?

Every religion that represents him would be judged pretty harshly I imagine. He wanted to unite the world, instead every religion representing him has pretty much done the opposite. Personally, he'd be p*ssed.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The thing to remember is that god did not say anything, but this did not stop some people from hearing voices in their head.

These days there are treatments available for such conditions.