• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Musical Dislikes...

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
3. Heavy Metal/ Death Metal. I just don't like music that is meant to be played so loudly that my head feels like it's going to explode and that I can't distinguish the words. (Maybe I wouldn't want to hear the words. I should probably be grateful that I can't.)

You would actually be surprised at some of the Heavy Metal music that is very relaxing. I know it sounds contradicting, but you'd be surprised. :D

Dezzie

It's the auto tuned voices I don't like rather than the type of music, I just sounds shrill and unpleasant to me.

I also hate the reasons why their voices are autotuned... Yes, it is shrill and unpleasant but it's more disturbing when their voices are so awful, they need to be covered up by the shrillness. *shivers* :areyoucra I don't know how some of these people are allowed to sing period...

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I think Creed is very good for Christian rock, which is sort of like being really good at tiddly-winks. At least it's better than being bad at tiddly-winks. Their lyrics completely ruin any possible enjoyment I might get out of their music, since they're not merely Christian lyrics but brainless evangelical lyrics.

It might be very good for Christian rock, but as you say, that doesn't mean much. The prettiest WNBA player is still probably not going to be attractive to me.

I like Nickelback and I don't care what anybody says. I'm not saying their music is a milestone in Western Civilization, but I enjoy it.

I know a few people who enjoy their music. I just can't stand them.

Renji

'Screamo'. It doesn't sound like music to me, but just as a noise. Screaming, particularly.

Primordial Annihilator

I love music but with reservations.

R&B is an abomination unto Pan and it actually makes me feel nauseous.

I like to listen to anything with a bit of anger or rage in it...especially Sepultura and The Prodigy.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I also hate the reasons why their voices are autotuned... Yes, it is shrill and unpleasant but it's more disturbing when their voices are so awful, they need to be covered up by the shrillness. *shivers* :areyoucra I don't know how some of these people are allowed to sing period...

Cher is probably the only one who can get away with it.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Handel. Can't stand him.

Gangsta rap, and anything else that glorifies the worst of humanity.

Other than that, nothing springs to mind.

gnomon

Music sped up to those very high speeds.

I don't remember what it's called.

I call it "the person locked in a very small room being tortured" music.

That's a style that I cannot stand completely.

edit: Speedcore, splittercore, etc.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I tend to be rather disgusted by mainstream rap. It's not the sound or style itself, it's the lyrical content. They all rap about the same shallow, misogynistic, materialistic, narcissistic, tasteless drivel (I don't mind if something is tasteless in the context of humor, but these people actually take themselves seriously). Every single song is about going to clubs, getting drunk, getting booty, getting money and how they're the best rapper ever. I don't understand how any self-respecting woman could listen to or dance to this crap.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Music sped up to those very high speeds.

I don't remember what it's called.

I call it "the person locked in a very small room being tortured" music.

That's a style that I cannot stand completely.

edit: Speedcore, splittercore, etc.

That would have been me, age 14 to 20.. :D

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
-I don't like most rap. Some skillful hip-hop can be nice, but I find most rap to be terrible.

-Country just doesn't do it for me. Taylor Swift is ok. Before someone told me, I thought she was just pop.

-Speaking of pop, I don't like a lot of pop, simply because most of them don't have musical talent. If someone can sing well and has a good beat, I might like it.

-I don't like jazz or r&b. There's nothing in particular I dislike about it; it's more like I just lack any liking for it.

-I don't like much classic rock. High pitched guitar solos and their voices just don't do it for me.

-I mostly stick to various forms of modern rock or metal. I also listen to classical and some house/trance stuff. Even for some music I don't like, such as r&b or something, it can be well-placed in certain situations or movies and such. For most music I don't like, it's not that I actively dislike anything about it, it's just that I find no pleasure in listening to it. It just doesn't spark the right neurons I guess.